Legendary weapons

Legendary weapons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Everybody here who is complaining about legendries….. Seriously get a life! I recently returned to GW2 after taking a break and trying the new WoD… The fact is as follows…

Anet treats it’s customers a million times better than most MMO’s! No subscription fee required! Game quality is far above ANYTHING out there! In WoW you pay a subscription and are CONTINUALLY given crap for product! Then you get to watch as Blizzard comes out with new PHONE APPS!!! WTF???

So if the devs making new legendries gets your panties in a knot… I say again… GET A LIFE YOU SPOILED LITTLE BRATS!!!

So tell me one thing that Anet treats us better than WoW? Don’t tell me subscription cause this game do not deserve sub.

Does that mean you think WoW is better than GW2? If so, why aren’t you playing that instead?

Yes I think WoW is million miles ahead of GW2. GW2 started to spit on his Veterans and loyal players with HoT launch and keep spitting. I haven’t heard WoW cancelled something that they promised after expansion launch. And yes I will play WoW again when Legion come. Until then I will play BDO cause it beats the crap out of this game now.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: OrbitalButt.5708

OrbitalButt.5708

Everybody here who is complaining about legendries….. Seriously get a life! I recently returned to GW2 after taking a break and trying the new WoD… The fact is as follows…

Anet treats it’s customers a million times better than most MMO’s! No subscription fee required! Game quality is far above ANYTHING out there! In WoW you pay a subscription and are CONTINUALLY given crap for product! Then you get to watch as Blizzard comes out with new PHONE APPS!!! WTF???

So if the devs making new legendries gets your panties in a knot… I say again… GET A LIFE YOU SPOILED LITTLE BRATS!!!

We’ve got a category 3 Mad brewing here

Attachments:

A pretty big wheel down at the cracker factory

Legendary weapons

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

What makes me laugh is everyone is surprised by the silence from ANet. Remember the whole HoT price and no character slot for people who already had HoT? ANet said nothing for a week before they made things “right”. Give it a week and maybe they’ll have something for us.

My other advice, is never buy anything on the strength of something that is not, finished/ready to go/started work on. We knew when we got HoT that legendary weapons where not ready or all finished.

It’s been 5 months and they still aren’t finished. They’re still hardly more than what was promised on the box. How long do you recommend that people wait before buying the expansion? A year? Not until all the Legendaries are done?

If you are buying is for a feature that is not added/finished you wait till its there.

That’s easy to suggest. However that is also suggesting that all people who might one day want one of the new Legendaries not buy this expansion for however months, or years, until it’s in game. That means they will be left in vanilla until that time and missing all the new content and living story that comes with it. That also assumes that people would have a reason to believe back then that something advertised for that expansion would be put on hold.

While some people might be expecting that advertised content will be withheld or be willing to sit in Vanilla for however many years it takes, most people did not have that expectation. Therefore a suggestion that this expansion should not have been bought is not a reasonable one.

As I said if you are buying something on the strength of something that is not there you wait. If there are many things you want then get it now. But when people say “I got the expansion only for the legendary weapons” I have no sympathy. I don’t think what ANet has done is right. But people have no one to blame but them self’s why the paid for something that wasn’t there to start with.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Spira.4578

Spira.4578

But people have no one to blame but them self’s why the paid for something that wasn’t there to start with.

Yea and at the same time, you can’t blame anyone else but ANET for canceling the production of the content they already sold.
Now, if you get to the source of the problem.
If both parties would hold their end of the deal, then there would be NO problem.

The thing is.
ANET would have kitten up regardless if a player would or wouldn’t buy the expac, so literally, the cause of the problem is not the player, but ANET.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Just delayed… You sound new. Anything delayed in gw, gets eventually forgotten. And the main problem here is not the preheated but rather the fact that ONCE AGAIN they simply cut away a promoted feature (which might not be interesting to you, but to many legy crafting is the one reason they bought this expac.) to work on something else that is also overly delayed. … Not to mention that they have a team of 70 people (1/3 of their staff) working on a NEW expac while the current is not just unfinished but clearly being taken the resources away for them to be able to finish it (with all the advertised features)

You know, this is how we got GW2 in the first place. One dev started working on a “wouldn’t this be cool” idea, then another, and eventually they just stopped working on the thing they already had.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

So tell me one thing that Anet treats us better than WoW? Don’t tell me subscription cause this game do not deserve sub.

Does that mean you think WoW is better than GW2? If so, why aren’t you playing that instead?

Wow it’ s way better than gw2. Still milions of people play wow nowadays.

Can you say the same of gw2 ?^ Yes sure desert borderlands are the evidence.

That guy wrote right : Compare gw2 to Tera or Rift. Not with WoW.

WoW is on another level compared to gw2.

Played a lot of WoW, and I disagree. All my friends who used to play WoW have quit in the last year, so I imagine it’s worse than when I quit.

You’re entitled to your opinion though.

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

. But people have no one to blame but them self’s…

That platitude is rarely accurate. And in this case, Anet has the majority of the blame.

Just because a platitude exists, doesn’t make it true in every case.

For example, “Time heals all wounds” clearly isn’t accuracte. There exist physical and psychological traumas that time alone simpl has no effect on. You can’t grow an arm back. You need professional help to recover from PSTD. etc.

Kind of a rant, but platitudes annoy me.

(edited by Ticky.5831)

Legendary weapons

Spira.4578

Played a lot of WoW, and I disagree. All my friends who used to play WoW have quit in the last year, so I imagine it’s worse than when I quit.

You’re entitled to your opinion though.

I think what he’s trying to say is that the fact that even with a sub fee they still have more members than GW2 ever had, says a lot about the quality level of both games.
That being said, can we all stay on topic.

(edited by Spira.4578)

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

There’s actually no way to know that. Blizzard aren’t going to release their sub numbers anymore.

So his point is invalid.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What makes me laugh is everyone is surprised by the silence from ANet. Remember the whole HoT price and no character slot for people who already had HoT? ANet said nothing for a week before they made things “right”. Give it a week and maybe they’ll have something for us.

My other advice, is never buy anything on the strength of something that is not, finished/ready to go/started work on. We knew when we got HoT that legendary weapons where not ready or all finished.

It’s been 5 months and they still aren’t finished. They’re still hardly more than what was promised on the box. How long do you recommend that people wait before buying the expansion? A year? Not until all the Legendaries are done?

If you are buying is for a feature that is not added/finished you wait till its there.

That’s easy to suggest. However that is also suggesting that all people who might one day want one of the new Legendaries not buy this expansion for however months, or years, until it’s in game. That means they will be left in vanilla until that time and missing all the new content and living story that comes with it. That also assumes that people would have a reason to believe back then that something advertised for that expansion would be put on hold.

While some people might be expecting that advertised content will be withheld or be willing to sit in Vanilla for however many years it takes, most people did not have that expectation. Therefore a suggestion that this expansion should not have been bought is not a reasonable one.

As I said if you are buying something on the strength of something that is not there you wait. If there are many things you want then get it now. But when people say “I got the expansion only for the legendary weapons” I have no sympathy. I don’t think what ANet has done is right. But people have no one to blame but them self’s why the paid for something that wasn’t there to start with.

Maybe it’s different where you live, but where I’m from I can buy a package of items in which some are not quite available and expect them to be delivered when done. If there is a reason that the company can’t deliver the items, I get a refund of the money that paid for it. It’s not a usual practice in most companies that they’ll take your money, not deliver the goods and then also not give a refund of money paid.

I’m sorry you live in a society with such weak consumer protections and therefore this is common place to you, but it’s not the type of treatment by a company that I’m used to and therefore I didn’t anticipate needing to not buy ahead of time.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It shouldn’t be something a customer needs to be concerned about. There are consumer protections in place to prevent this from happening, and place consequences on companies do it anyway. If this were about pre-orders for a game no one outside of the developer has had a chance to play, then I would agree that buyers need to wait to be able to make an informed decision. But this isn’t a pre-order, it’s a product that has been out for months, that had some features slated for later release. Under no circumstances, short of Anet going bankrupt and being financially unable to provide these features, should there ever be any question as to whether or not they would be released.

As for players that weighed their decision to buy HoT heavily on the promise of new legendaries, there was still good reason to buy it before they were added. There is a good deal of work toward a legendary weapon that can be done before it’s actually added to the game, ranging from mastery requirements, to completing various pve content, and gathering materials unique to HoT. Not the smartest purchase decision, in my opinion, but still one that should have been able to be made with confidence that the product would be delivered.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There’s actually no way to know that. Blizzard aren’t going to release their sub numbers anymore.

The estimated numbers of Hot sales (based upon NCSoft’s earnings) suggest around 300-400k accounts. We know that f2p accounts are around half of the active account numbers. There are players that have more than one account (especially true with f2p accounts).

No matter what you might believe, WoW is not even close to be down to below 1 million players yet.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

My only hope now is not SAB, not Cantha for Christmas but for this to be a preparation for the 1st of April where the new legendaries will be released, so that a lot of people will have to eat their hat.

Legendary weapons

Ticky.5831

The estimated numbers of Hot sales (based upon NCSoft’s earnings) suggest around 300-400k accounts. We know that f2p accounts are around half of the active account numbers. There are players that have more than one account (especially true with f2p accounts).

No matter what you might believe, WoW is not even close to be down to below 1 million players yet.

I never said I believed it. I said his point is invalid.

Legendary weapons

BrotherBelial.3094

Maybe it’s different where you live, but where I’m from I can buy a package of items in which some are not quite available and expect them to be delivered when done. If there is a reason that the company can’t deliver the items, I get a refund of the money that paid for it. It’s not a usual practice in most companies that they’ll take your money, not deliver the goods and then also not give a refund of money paid.

I’m sorry you live in a society with such weak consumer protections and therefore this is common place to you, but it’s not the type of treatment by a company that I’m used to and therefore I didn’t anticipate needing to not buy ahead of time.

You are talking about a whole product, not a digital one. As I said I don’t agree with what ANet did,

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Legendary weapons

Spira.4578

My only hope now is not SAB, not Cantha for Christmas but for this to be a preparation for the 1st of April where the new legendaries will be released, so that a lot of people will have to eat their hat.

Why eat our hat? If anything, people will be happy. The only reason why we are concern is because we paid for something that was not delivered (and based on what MO said there’s a big change it won’t be delivered at all). We already know that, besides the legendaries, there are other features that got canceled are not being worked on due to the lack of resources or bad planning which caused them to get stuck at different development stages.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

You are talking about a whole product, not a digital one. As I said I don’t agree with what ANet did,

Doesnt matter whether its digital or physical. Its still protected under the consumer rights act. It was updated in oct 2015 I believe to cover digital good specifically to prevent these sorts of things from being legal.

Legendary weapons

mrstealth.6701

Many consumer protection laws apply to more than just physical goods. They even apply to services, which can be delivered over time in the same manner HoT’s remaining features are/were supposed to be.

This is not “on the customer” simply because the product isn’t a physical item that was intended to be delivered all at once. These protections still apply.

Legendary weapons

Spira.4578

From the UK gov webpage.
“a 30 day time period to return faulty goods and get a full refund, the law was previously unclear on how long this period should last
after 30 days, retailers have one opportunity to repair or replace any goods and the consumer can choose whether they want the goods to be repaired or replaced – if the attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful, the consumer can then claim a refund or a price reduction if they wish to keep the product.
for the first time there are clear rules for what should happen if a service is not carried out with reasonable care and skill or as agreed with the consumer – the service provider will have to put the service right in line with what was agreed or, if that is not practical, must give some money back
consumers being able to challenge terms and conditions which are not fair or are hidden in the small print”

Legendary weapons

Just a flesh wound.3589

Actually, no. A product can be a package of goods sold that are of different parts and not all of those parts may be immediately available for various reasons. As long as you’ve paid for it, you should have the expectation that all parts of your purchase get to you, or you are refunded for the parts that don’t.

“not a digital one”
Are you saying here that digital purchases are outside all consumer protection laws? I know some are by the way they’re phrased and set up. However if a company sells a digital product, such as an expansion, with items in it that are advertised parts of that expansion then they should be regulated by consumer protection laws and required either to provide all parts of the advertised expansion or if they can’t they should offer a reasonable, partial refund to all purchasers.

There’s no reason for a company that takes your money and doesn’t provide what was advertised and purchased to be above consumer protection laws, digital or not.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Actually, no. A product can be a package of goods sold that are of different parts and not all of those parts may be immediately available for various reasons. As long as you’ve paid for it, you should have the expectation that all parts of your purchase get to you, or you are refunded for the parts that don’t.

“not a digital one”
Are you saying here that digital purchases are outside all consumer protection laws? I know some are by the way they’re phrased and set up. However if a company sells a digital product, such as an expansion, with items in it that are advertised parts of that expansion then they should be regulated by consumer protection laws and required either to provide all parts of the advertised expansion or if they can’t they should offer a reasonable, partial refund to all purchasers.

There’s no reason for a company that takes your money and doesn’t provide what was advertised and purchased to be above consumer protection laws, digital or not.

Technically speaking, you do not buy anything from ArenaNet. You pay them for access to the game servers but never own anything, thus they never failed to provide anything that was advertised because you never bought anything. The purchase agreement is quite clear that you are not buying anything from them, but are paying for access to the game “as is”.

For that reason, you do not have a legal case against them when they fail to provide content that was “promised” (via either explicit, implicit, or misinterpreted language).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Technically speaking, you do not buy anything from ArenaNet. You pay them for access to the game servers but never own anything, thus they never failed to provide anything that was advertised because you never bought anything.

The purchase agreement is quite clear that you are not buying anything from them, but are paying for access to the game “as is”.

For that reason, you do not have a legal case against them when they fail to provide content that was “promised” (via either explicit, implicit, or misinterpreted language).

You purchased a license that allows you to access game servers that was advertised to contain certain features (or those features would be implemented soonTM). People purchased said access on the expectation that the servers would contain the advertised content.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Fermi.2409)

Legendary weapons

BrotherBelial.3094

“not a digital one”

And when ANet turns around as says they are not going to provide legendary weapons everything you are saying will be correct. Yes they will be in violation of consumer law. As it stands they are not.

People can say it’s cancelled till they are blue in the face. ANet have not stated that they are cancelled. As I’ve said I do not agree with what they have done. But they have not broken any laws, there could be a case for false advertising. As they are going against the groups of, and regular intervals.

But I do feel.ANet need to make it right.

Legendary weapons

Just a flesh wound.3589

“not a digital one”

Technically speaking, you do not buy anything from ArenaNet. You pay them for access to the game servers but never own anything, thus they never failed to provide anything that was advertised because you never bought anything. The purchase agreement is quite clear that you are not buying anything from them, but are paying for access to the game “as is”.

Well, I actually figured what they did was legal and by the books, just not ethical. That’s the sort of thing though, that when it happens often enough laws get passed and providers of digital goods suddenly find themselves having to obey consumer laws that maybe they wouldn’t have, if they had concerned themselves with ethics as well as legality.

It may have been legal and I’m sure that it was, but the next expansion that they hype will have people stomping all over it and reminding everyone that ANet will cancel features after purchase what they please, when they please. So, it was undoubtably legal, but it sure wasn’t smart.

ANet may give it to you.

Legendary weapons

BrotherBelial.3094

“not a digital one”

This is true. Most if not all games have this in there ToS.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Frediosz.2718

Frediosz.2718

Don’t try do wiser the AN is when it comes to law…

They know better then doing a move with “suspended” ain’t equal to “cancelled” even though we know what this mean, they said that Plebeian Weapons will come just didn’t say when and in the light of law – they will be delivered someday it may be 1 month it may be 10 years but its still a work in progress thing.

Whining on forums wont help at all – look at SAB and armour clippings – nothing has changed.
Only thing that can be done (instead of throwing poop and playing lawyers) is to quit game and that’s all.

You have been BAMBOOZLED and you still play… This kind of behaviour ain’t smart.
Deal with it and do only sensible thing that has left – quit (i would have if i’ve purchased HoT just to get my hands on those Plebeians and got bamboozled but i didn’t and i always welcome some more story to do over grinding gold/resources for items that i don’t need)

Maybe after a large part fo playerbase’s departure they will wake the hell up and instead of bloody outfits and BLT skinns they do them Plebeians. (or they wont)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Iozeph.5617

Iozeph.5617

Giving a ‘Mea Culpa,’(though they take pains not to openly admit wrongdoing or to apologise) or a ‘what=we’re=going=to=do-to-right-the-ship=now’ list doesn’t absolve one from the responsibility for potentially committing(as I hope they still might make this right rather than leaving the mess they’ve done in the original posting)fraud.

What I personally feel is the disconnect here -and what in turn has inspired such vitriol on the part of the community in the majority of postings here- is the circumstance and the timing of this announcement – a time when it seems they know how deep in the hole they were going to be in with this issue whether they spoke up or not. It speaks volumes.

I couldn’t care less for legendary weapons, but as others have said principle counts for something. It doesn’t score any points that one of the only times Anet has chosen to set down and talk to us is when they knew they were going to be caught out and clearly in the wrong by not making good on a bill of goods they sold.

Transparency, trust, and good communication aren’t things mentioned in passing in order to make them so. They’re something developed and then maintained over a long period of time with others.

Turning their back on this community, going over to Reddit where they’ve known- or at least have known til now -that for the longest time they’d be in a safe space, surrounded by willing sockpuppets- isn’t proper or professional communication.

They -You, Anet/Mo- didn’t want to be bothered/pestered by the unwashed masses that play your game. Now, it seems you’re having to for form’s sake. And it isn’t pleasant. It literally comes off in waves how distasteful it is for them to be posting here- even if that wasn’t necessarily the intent of their post. That’s trouble.

It’s what so many are having trouble with here. The original post doesn’t come off as an attempt at transparency. It comes off as a hackneyed attempt at CYA/damage control for a situation that was going to explode no matter what.

It’s an insult to the intelligence of everyone here- one heaped on top of injury. If just feels slimy.

(edited by Iozeph.5617)

Legendary weapons

mrstealth.6701

A ToS/EULA doesn’t always hold up to legal scrutiny, and can be found unenforceable. Perhaps more so when its terms are intended to absolve a company of responsibilities and circumvent consumer protections or other laws. They exist more as discouragement and a legal hurdle that potential plaintiffs can’t afford to get by in order to file suit for the actual issue.

Another issue with TOS/EULAs is that typically they aren’t shown to the customer till after purchase, and in many cases that is too late to get a refund. This is more applicable to boxed copies, but is still a potential issue with digital goods.

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

That said I think a lot of the more… passionate… people here put far too much value on their accounts.

It really isn’t for you to say how much value is appropriate for players to place on their accounts. Most people value things they’ve spent money on and significant time on. This isn’t unusual or inappropriate.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

@Wolfman

We are complaining that content we paid for is being put out to pasture so Anet can develop their next money maker. They need to deliver the goods they promised. I have no interest in making a legendary the new way but I know players who love it. So once again, it is not about legendaries but about Anet delivering on what they have advertised.

No, it’s about putting a minor part of the content we paid for on the back burner so ANet can keep the game stocked with enough new content between expansions to keep the majority of players interested enough to stay. If too many players leave then it’s a death spiral and it’s game over. Those are the stakes.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

if anyone is interested about the trade standards answer:

http://i.imgur.com/IL2BisD.png

they have to set a date for when they deliver, or you all can get a refund.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

Since certain people seem to not realise it, most of any given player’s support for the game comes from the value they add to it by playing. Over a year, you will easily contribute thousands of pounds’ worth of unpaid work to improving the game experience for other players, easily dwarfing the value of your purchases.

If you want to send a message, leaving the bulk of your contribution to the game intact is not a good way to do it.

As for the main discussion, the reality remains the same as it was twenty pages ago: the prepurchases weren’t mis-sold, but that doesn’t mean that people have no right to complain that the product they received is not as advertised, and people have every right to ask for a partial or full refund, and as has already been pointed out, they shouldn’t be required to close their accounts entirely in order to get that refund.

Legendary weapons

Spira.4578

It’s funny because:
If what they offer with the additional pack is the service to the game, then the core game owners should also have the same features included.
If however, we need to buy anything, we are literally buying the features that the core game owners don’t have access to.

At the same time I find it important to repeat myself, that as much as the Legendary weapons issue was the issue that made the upset players to speak up, there are other features that were also canceled.

Besides that, if the only thing they would have said in the past that we would eventually get the legendary weapons they would have more of a ground. In this case, however, they said that we’ll be getting the new legendary weapons in small groups in regular intervals, the current state indicates diferently, we’re neither getting a group of legendary weapons nor are we getting them in regular intervals.

Legendary weapons

Celtic Lady.3729

people have every right to ask for a partial or full refund, and as has already been pointed out, they shouldn’t be required to close their accounts entirely in order to get that refund.

Yeah, I agree with this. We paid our money for a specific list and it’s through no fault of our own that the company can’t deliver the services/products they’ve already sold.
Because of the nature of online gaming, we had to spend some of our money in good faith that the parts they had in their list of purchased items for the future would, in fact, be delivered in a timely manner. “Indefinitely” doesn’t really imply “a timely manner.” So, that good faith has not been realized.

In light of this, I don’t think a partial refund, at the least, is being unreasonable. And, no, we should not as players be “punished” for that refund by having our accounts closed.

And wanting to keep our accounts open despite the refund and our lack of support for these decisions does not in any way make us “overly emotional,” “passionate” (also being obviously used here to mean “overly and inappropriately emotional”), or any other of thousands of words that people like to use to attempt to purposely belittle us and shame us for having the aforementioned point of view on the company’s decisions.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Legal challenge: not going to happen. Everyone is an armchair law expert. Most of them are wrong.

Refund: also not going to happen unless you bought the game very recently. Even then, good luck.

If you believe anything else then, frankly, you are dreaming.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Then why are you even here?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Yes I think WoW is million miles ahead of GW2. GW2 started to spit on his Veterans and loyal players with HoT launch and keep spitting. I haven’t heard WoW cancelled something that they promised after expansion launch. And yes I will play WoW again when Legion come. Until then I will play BDO cause it beats the crap out of this game now.

Then I will repeat, as above: why are you even here?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Legal challenge: not going to happen. Everyone is an armchair law expert. Most of them are wrong.

Refund: also not going to happen unless you bought the game very recently. Even then, good luck.

you’re legally entitled to a refund. So yes, it is going to happen. Or else people can just charge back.

Legendary weapons

mtpelion.4562

you’re legally entitled to a refund. So yes, it is going to happen. Or else people can just charge back.

Per the terms and conditions of your transaction, you were entitled to receive “as is” access to the game server. They did not fail to deliver on that.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: HGLatinBoy.9174

HGLatinBoy.9174

The only reason why you guys are having trouble coming up with new Weapons Skins and fancy effects is because you decided to go with Precursor crafting and the goofy “Legendary Journey” quests. If you guys wanted to you guys could just drop that aspect of the game and just drop Precursors via RNG and just design the some new “Gifts of BLAH BLAH” to go with these new weapons. Problem solved.

Legendary weapons

Spira.4578

Per the terms and conditions of your transaction, you were entitled to receive “as is” access to the game server. They did not fail to deliver on that.

That’s incorrect. Otherwise core game owners would have the access to the same content as well. In this case, with the transaction we were entitled to receive specific features and content.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Assuming the ToS would actually hold up in court.

glhf trying to get a refund in any case, though. I really don’t see it happening.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Legendary weapons

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Gem buying suspended indefinitely? Gonna happen. A lot.

Pre-order for ex-pac 2 given the sharpest scrutiny with every single bullet point being something that might get ‘suspended indefinitely’? Gonna happen. A lot.

The butcher’s bill for this decision is in the far off future… and they’re gambling that they can win people back or that it’ll be forgotten before then… but its still a huge gamble and one that could very well gut their revenue when those 70 Ex-pac Devs finally do put down their pencils and hand in their work.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

Yeah, I’m a real monster I am. No empathy at all.

Except the way you phrase things and the things you have said aside of those quotes show that your…“empathy” is more in the line of “apathy”. You don’t care and a lot of your comments show that, because they come off as uncaring.

You can say “sorry for your loss” all you want. The rest of your posts show that you don’t actually mean that, or if you do, you mean it in a very limp manner where, again, you don’t care.

You also keep making snide remarks about the “more passionate people” as you call them.

But yeah, you’re totally over brimming with empathy. You’re such a caring fellow.

I’ll be sure to send my papers to the enthusiasm police for your sake.

But did you actually have anything to say that isn’t an attempt to dehumanize me to discredit what I might have to say?

Or do we just strongly disagree with one and other and you just had to get that out there? Because I read you, loud and clear buddy.

Thanks for the feedback.

Your bridge is on fire and burning to ashes. Shouldn’t you go check on it?

Legendary weapons

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

Snort. Fantasy? So you DIDN’T accuse him of using emotion rather than logic? I imagined that?

Thanks, but if someone would rather use an invented excuse to dismiss everything I had to say out of hand, there’s no point continuing to argue with them.

Pre-order for ex-pac 2 given the sharpest scrutiny with every single bullet point being something that might get ‘suspended indefinitely’? Gonna happen. A lot.

Indeed. I’m pretty sure they’ll have one of three different things on offer as a preorder bonus for the next expansion:

1. Something that makes me tell them in no uncertain terms where they can shove it, simply on general principle.
  2. Something that completely fails to make the preorder worth it.
  3. Something that does both of the above.

(edited by evilunderling.9265)

Legendary weapons

mtpelion.4562

Assuming the ToS would actually hold up in court.

glhf trying to get a refund in any case, though. I really don’t see it happening.

By default, a ToS (being a contract) is assumed to be valid. Governments grant heavy weight to signed contracts because they don’t want to expend the enormous amount of time and effort needed to wade through every aspect of them. You’d have to first run a large, expensive civil case that showed the ToS was in breach of law or adhesive in nature before you could even start the second suit seeking damages.

Lawyers have spent decades fixing the system to make sure you aren’t permitted to participate.

Legendary weapons

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Cause I paid 60€ + 45€ for this game and I am entitled to be upset and mad for the direction of this game and unfinished expansion and broken promises and cancelled stuff. Why are you even trying ? Go back to your fortress white knight, nothing for U here.

Please look up the term Sunk Cost Fallacy. It’s something I think worth keeping in mind during a lot of the discussion in this very vitriolic thread. Ymmv.

~EW

Legendary weapons

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Well I’m dating a lawyer (have helped him with his briefs, read plenty of his law books, and talked with him about this specifically etc), and you are semi-correct, semi-incorrect. There is sufficient grounds to file a suit in civil court against them for violation of tort law (aka not necessarily a crime, but someone suffered some ill as a result of the tortfeasor’s actions). That doesn’t meant that you are going to win, but someone could argue (as I pointed out in an earlier post) that they executed their end of the contract (paid $50) to legal detriment. AKA they took an action expecting the other party to fulfill their end of the bargain, and they did not. EVEN in cases where the understanding of the contract was incorrect by the party that acted, there are cases where the party that benefited from the actions of the detrimented party has to pay retribution. So you are wrong in saying that there is no basis for a legal claim.

The part that you are more correct in (sort of) is that it would make no sense to file this claim since Anet offers refunds. I highly doubt any court would offer punitive damages (especially seeing as the customer got access time to the game), so the most you would get is $50 (the suit would basically be symbolic and not financial) or whatever you paid for the xpac. The only reason you would ever file suit here, is if Anet refuses the refund, and you want to make a point. You’d have to hire a lawyer, or be one though which is going to cost you in and of itself far beyond the $50-$100 you paid. Which is what Anet banks on.

Same disclaimer as before: Not offering any professional legal advice in anyway, and I take no responsibility for actions that people take off of any interpretation of what I have written above.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

(edited by eleshazar.6902)

Legendary weapons

Just a flesh wound.3589

Gem buying suspended indefinitely? Gonna happen. A lot.

The butcher’s bill for this decision is in the far off future… and they’re gambling that they can win people back or that it’ll be forgotten before then… but its still a huge gamble and one that could very well gut their revenue when those 70 Ex-pac Devs finally do put down their pencils and hand in their work.

^

Considering how people to this day bring up the Manifesto, a 6 year old document made 2 years before the game launched, and throw it in ANet’s face for failure to keep promises, people will remember this for years to come. It’s going to be brought up with every promise they make and every expansion they sell. It’s one of those economic decisions that is penny wise and dollar foolish as it’s likely to cost them dollars in gems, real money and good will for every penny they save by putting Legendaries on “eventually.”

ANet may give it to you.

Legendary weapons

Celtic Lady.3729

Well I’m dating a lawyer (have helped him with his briefs, read plenty of his law books, and talked with him about this specifically etc), and you are semi-correct, semi-incorrect. There is sufficient grounds to file a suit in civil court against them for violation of tort law (aka not necessarily a crime, but someone suffered some ill as a result of the tortfeasor’s actions). That doesn’t meant that you are going to win, but someone could argue (as I pointed out in an earlier post) that they executed their end of the contract (paid $50) to legal detriment. AKA they took an action expecting the other party to fulfill their end of the bargain, and they did not. EVEN in cases where the understanding of the contract was incorrect by the party that acted, there are cases where the party that benefited from the actions of the detrimented party has to pay retribution. So you are wrong that there is basis for a legal claim.

The part that you are more correct in (sort of) is that it would make no sense to file this claim since Anet offers refunds. I highly doubt any court would offer punitive damages (especially seeing as the customer got access time to the game), so the most you would get is $50 (the suit would basically be symbolic and not financial) or whatever you paid for the xpac. The only reason you would ever file suit here, is if Anet refuses the refund, and you want to make a point. You’d have to hire a lawyer, or be one though which is going to cost you in and of itself far beyond the $50-$100 you paid. Which is what Anet banks on.

Same disclaimer as before: Not offering any professional legal advice in anyway, and I take no responsibility for actions that people take off of any interpretation of what I have written above.

This is the best summary from the legal end that I’ve read here so far. I see that legal action wouldn’t really be worth it. That doesn’t mean, however, that I don’t believe a company should honor their customers’ purchases regardless of whether not doing so will ever cost them legal action.