Legendary weapons Account Bound?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chibii.3698

Chibii.3698

Hi, I have recently obtained a legendary weapon and am wondering if Anet have any plans on making Legendaries account bound. I only ask this because for me, and many others getting a legendary was a multiple character process and it would be nice to be able to share this achievement with more then 1 character.

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

“Once equipped, the item becomes soulbound, although Dev Lindsey has hinted that they may be changed to account bound in the future.” Source: Legendary Weapon

I don’t think in the future legendary weapons will be account bound. Right now legendary weapons are soulbound on use, so players can sell them on Trading Post. If they make them account bound, you will not be able to buy/sell them on TP again.

(edited by White Wolf.3291)

Posted by: Lechtrixx.1053

Lechtrixx.1053

I believe Legendary weapons should be soulbound and this is my reasoning …
a player goes to the extent of aquiring all the necessary items to create such a weapon ..
then the weapon they create by default should be a weapon they only can use according to their profession. But then, creating a weapon that only they can use means they have to exercise forethought and planning ahead to avoid making the mistake of crafting something they can never use.
This is part of the problem I see with crafting and the trading post … I see legendary weapons for SALE … because they made the mistake of poor planning or was it because of greed and they could craft such a weapon out of hubris.
Do they call that “kitten pew pew” as a way to attempt and regain all of (or most) of the items and gold lost in a bad decision?
I’d have to say, tough kittens. You have to learn from mistakes and own up to them.

Dru Windshadow: Human: Ranger lvl 80
San Twocut: Human Thief lvl 80
Djorn Wolfson: Norn Guardian lvl 80

(edited by Lechtrixx.1053)

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

“Once equipped, the item becomes soulbound, although Dev Lindsey has hinted that they may be changed to account bound in the future.” Source: Legendary Weapon

I don’t think in the future legendary weapons will be account bound. Right now legendary weapons are soulbound on use, so players can sell them on Trading Post. If they make them account bound, you will not be able to buy/sell them on TP again.

I believe what the OP meant was “Account Bound on Use.” This means that once equipped on one of your characters, all of your characters can use that said item, but you can no longer sell/trade that item.

I would support something like this.

Posted by: Chibii.3698

Chibii.3698

I believe what the OP meant was “Account Bound on Use.” This means that once equipped on one of your characters, all of your characters can use that said item, but you can no longer sell/trade that item.

I would support something like this.

Yes, this is exactly what I meant.

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

But there is no such thing “account-bound on use”, it’s like design a new system again just to put account-bound on use in a few items. If you are expecting this, wait maybe 2/3 years..

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

But there is no such thing “account-bound on use”, it’s like design a new system again just to put account-bound on use in a few items. If you are expecting this, wait maybe 2/3 years..

The system is already in the game.

Look at the Permanent Bank Access/Access Express/Lion Merchant/Stylish Contracts.

Once theses are used, you cannot resell them and they bound to your account.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I’ve been a proponent of “account bound on use” for difficult/expensive things for quite a while now.

Would really help the longevity of the game regarding alts. Sure they don’t NEED them but picture someone a couple years from now, all kitted out, maybe has several legendaries. They’ll lose an awful lot if they decide to change “mains”. Would be a lot more palatable for them if their alt could use their legendaries, any they can equip at least.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

I have suggested the same thing way back in september. It would be nice, but I don’t think they will add this.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Thing is, lots of players will find that the stats a Legendary comes with are not good for their build (all Legionaries have Soldier’s stats). Which means they transmute the Legendary. Transmuting always soulbinds the item.
Or they decide the stats are good, but the sigil is wrong. Changing the sigil always soulbinds the item.

Even if the stats and sigil are good for one character someone has, I think there will be very few people where the stats and sigil are good for multiple characters. Of those few people, how many of them will put up with hassle of moving the Legendary around as they switch characters ?

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Thing is, lots of players will find that the stats a Legendary comes with are not good for their build (all Legionaries have Soldier’s stats). Which means they transmute the Legendary. Transmuting always soulbinds the item.
Or they decide the stats are good, but the sigil is wrong. Changing the sigil always soulbinds the item.

Even if the stats and sigil are good for one character someone has, I think there will be very few people where the stats and sigil are good for multiple characters. Of those few people, how many of them will put up with hassle of moving the Legendary around as they switch characters ?

Changing a sigil on a legendary won’t dissuade people from making an alt. Getting a new legendary will.

Fortunately for legendaries, they’re PVT weapons. While not every build wants that, it’s something many professions can put to use.

As for it making them soulbound by changing sigils, we have the karka accessory that remains account bound when a jewel is put into it, code is there.

Posted by: Nothink.7421

Nothink.7421

As for it making them soulbound by changing sigils, we have the karka accessory that remains account bound when a jewel is put into it, code is there.

this ^

Also, i’m totally supporting the idea on making them “account bound” and it should have been designed like this since start to me.

Gifts to create legendaries were mades “account bound” and all of their recipes too for a good reason : Having other chars/alt will greatly help your grind during a legendary fabrication, so why we couldn’t use our hard and long awaited reward on them also?

On a personal note, i’m one step (Dawn) away from my Sunrise :p and i would love the idea to be able of using it on other characters of my account one day.

(edited by Nothink.7421)

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I don’t have a legendary yet. But I think they should be account bound. Would be nice to be able to get all 8 classes to level 80 and then all the legendaries and always use them with the char you are playing.

If you have 2 classes that could use 1 weapon then you will have to make them twice… that is a bit too much. Also nobody will legendaries of weapon types that are not used that often.

If it they were account bound everybody could just have a longterm goal: Get legendaries of every weapon type. And maybe an achievement there and at the login screen show the weapons instead of that treasure chest.

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

I have suggested the same thing way back in september. It would be nice, but I don’t think they will add this.

They’ve said that it is something they’re considering. Google it. Take heart!

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Would be nice to get an actual Dev response in this thread. Seems appropriate as the request isn’t unreasonable.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Yeah. And someone mentioned it would not be possible to sell them anymore if they were account bound(they are soulbound on use now and can be sold at tp):

I don’t think they were meant to be sold. Someone should work for them… and not only farm money but also get for example the skill points for that one item you need to buy for 200 skill points.

If it is possible to sell them it means making skill points to money since they are calculated within the price. Making karma to money is not okay but making skill points into money is okay?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Would be nice to get an actual Dev response in this thread. Seems appropriate as the request isn’t unreasonable.

No matter what they say, the response will be a wave of complaints and counter-complaints that will be the forum equivalent of civil war. Followed by months of speculation about when it will happen, complaints that it shouldn’t happen, complaints that it hasn’t happened yet, threats to leave the game if it happens, threats to leave the game unless it happens immediately, and the whole thing starts over again if they announce that they changed their minds and are going in a different direction.

If the devs are smart (and it’s a pretty sure bet that they are at least above average) they will not say anything about this until the changes, if any, are ready to go live. Most of the above will still happen, but at least it will only happen once.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

I am still waiting for this. I want my legendary to account-bound on use. I worked my kitten for this, i want to be able to ware it on any of my characters and brag about it. Now i am limited to a character i don’t even play anymore. Was this the intent for the hardest and most painful item to get in this game?

The uses of legendaries are limited anyway…for ex u have a GS, u can’t use it on a necro and so on…The very few classes that can use a certain type of legendary i expect should be able to use it regardless of soulbound. It should be accountbound

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

IIRC you can transmute the skin, making it accountbound and getting different stats but you’ll lose the legendary status thus making it not eligible for the statupgrade when they introduce ascended weapons

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Soulbound on Use! → How it is now
Account bound on use → Maybe
Account bound on craft! – The way i see it should be

But the gem fairy needs cash. Not going to happen thou

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Rebound.3409

See no tie between accountbounding legendaries and gem cash…actually i see an occasion for them to introduce an item for cash, that does that.

kokiman.2364

Soulbound on Use! -> How it is now
Account bound on use -> Maybe
Account bound on craft! – The way i see it should be

But the gem fairy needs cash. Not going to happen thou

Those 6g for 5 Stones sure do hurt!

GuildWars 2

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

Kind of a joke that it’s not account bound on crafting.

kokiman.2364

Kind of a joke that it’s not account bound on crafting.

This will only change if they make all exotics accountbound on use.

GuildWars 2

Rebound.3409

We are talking about legendary status items not 1-2g exotics. Wrong thread. Nobody cares about exotic items’s status but ppl do care about an over 1500g worth item they worked their kitten off for.

Posted by: Shezu Tsukai.8291

Shezu Tsukai.8291

The Legend of the Credit Card until Legendaries are account bound on creation.

Verum et Vitae

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The Legend of the Credit Card until Legendaries are account bound on creation.

Exactly. Legendaries should not be able to be sold or traded.

I’m hoping they do make them account bound at some point.

Shouldn’t a legendary be something your character(s) have worked hard towards. Many of the crafting items are account bound and are symbolic of your journey towards crafting this truly unique item and should be bound to your account upon crafting.

Being able to buy them on the TP makes them much less special.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

What incentive does ANet have to make legendaries account bound? A legendary grind keeps some people in the game. If someone wants a legendary on two characters then they will play twice as long.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Rebound.3409

U clearly are someone who doesn’t know what a legendary takes to make. Nobody in his right mind will craft 2 of the same legendaries just to equip it on 2 different characters. Only legendaries worth crafting twice are 2x daggers or pistols and u put them on the same character.

Even so why should i and 90% of ppl should accept that hilarious fact u stated? Just because some guy has nothing better to do then to make 2 identical legendaries with the purpose of equipping them on different characters, all have to suffer?

Start AND finish working on a legendary before u come here acting like u know every answer to every question. U risk sounding like a clown.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

account bound on use and ta da, the problem is solved

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

Bump because, I made my legendary today and I would really appreciate if they were to become AB on use. Make it happen, there is no reason not to.

Posted by: Joepapa.2586

Joepapa.2586

Here you can find a human guardian in full ascended armor and legendary greatsword
http://youtu.be/i7jj-u3ilrg
The sword is acc. bound.

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Here you can find a human guardian in full ascended armor and legendary greatsword
http://youtu.be/i7jj-u3ilrg
The sword is acc. bound.

Where is his “Koss on Koss” ascended backpack?

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

Seems like somebody swapped a legendary weapon over to their necro.

Posted by: Milferd.3780

Milferd.3780

Making things account bound gave players way less to do like account wide achievements and other shared between characters changes. It might have not been a very good idea for developers to give players way less to do even if players like it.

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

Making things account bound gave players way less to do like account wide achievements and other shared between characters changes. It might have not been a very good idea for developers to give players way less to do even if players like it.

i started working on ascendet armor and my third legendary (twilight) just because now all my light/heavy charakctes can share their armor/weapons and skins , the only reason i didnt start working on twlilight before was because i could not decide if my mesmer or my warior or my guardian would get it , now all of them can have it , thank you anet

oh and that apply to ascendet armor too , didnt have one before , no i will make one bersek set for light and heavy armor , cause acc bound ,yay