Legendary weapons stats same as exotics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

I think people forget this.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/guild-wars-2-legendary-weapons-for-gold/

Gamebreaker TV questions Anet for letting legendaries be sold as if legendaries were actually stronger than exotics.

This in fact is false. Legendaries are no more powerful than an exotic. The only thing a legendary has is special animation and sounds.

If I am wrong then GW2 Wiki is also wrong.

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

ANet has officially stated that Legendary stats will be bumped to Ascended when Ascended weapons are introduced.

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

ANet has officially stated that Legendary stats will be bumped to Ascended when Ascended weapons are introduced.

They actually stated that ascended weapons would help “bridge the gap” between exotic and legendary weapons. It’s my belief that Legendary weapons will be better than ascended weapons which will be better than exotics. Basically Orange items will one day be equivalent to current day Greens . Which is a huge shame. It makes spending resources and materials for rare exotics a set back .

Posted by: ShadowGryphon.6257

ShadowGryphon.6257

The problem I have with this is the fact that Legendary weapons should be the pinnacle and nothing should match them save another Legendary.
So, what’s the point in going after a Legendary weapon if I can get one of equal stats, easier, in Fractals ?
The entire purpose of pursuing a Legendary weapon is to obtain something that cannot be obtained through anything else but hard work and due diligence.

If someone is talking behind your back… Fart.
North Alabama Guild Wars Players
http://tinyurl.com/y9hj2h4b

Posted by: Athaume.1952

Athaume.1952

They actually stated that ascended weapons would help “bridge the gap” between exotic and legendary weapons. It’s my belief that Legendary weapons will be better than ascended weapons which will be better than exotics. Basically Orange items will one day be equivalent to current day Greens . Which is a huge shame. It makes spending resources and materials for rare exotics a set back .

If semantics dictates all discussion the world would be chaos. It could very well be that “bridge the gap” does not mean change stats or be a literal one step to the other. It could mean that Ascended are equivalent to a Legendary essentially bridging the gap in tiers so people can get a weapon that is = to a Legendary while still attempting to acquire the Legendary. As Anet did state that Legendary would be bumped to Ascended in strength. Just a thought. ;D

(edited by Athaume.1952)

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Their stats were higher but they bumped them back down to exotic level, I’m sure they’ll bump them back up once they roll out the rest of the ascended gear.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Killul.9685

Killul.9685

They have clarifed that they meant the time gap not the stat gap.

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

And not only will legendaries have their stat’s upgraded in the very near future they will also be BiS for the foreseeable future meaning they will be upgraded from content patches and expansions and remain relevant.

The slippery slope of gear progression becoming the meta end game content with its insatiable appetite for more… driving content pushes to be more gear driven than creative driven, Lost Shores come to mind but I digress.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

The entire purpose of pursuing a Legendary weapon is to obtain something that cannot be obtained through anything else but hard work and due diligence.

Legendary weapons can be purchased off of the TP…Gold can be purchased with gems which can be purchased with real $$$. Legendary weapons are no longer the product of hard work and due diligence, just who has money.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

If someone is really spending real life cash on gems to buy gold to buy a legendary off the trading post, then I feel bad for him.

As of right now the cheapest legendary weapon I see available is the bolt, for 3333 gold.

Currently 100 gems is 1 gold 75 silver. Let’s pretend there are no fees for selling gems (there are)

That means you need 190457 gems to get that much gold (rounded)

With the largest bulk option you get 4000 gems for $50.00

That means to buy the cheapest legendary on the trading post right now (bolt) you need $2,308.

When you add in trading post fees you’re probably looking at around $2,5000.

Do you REALLY think that someone out there is spending that much on a legendary weapon? I highly doubt it. And if there is someone spending that much on a legendary, I feel bad for him.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Do you REALLY think that someone out there is spending that much on a legendary weapon? I highly doubt it. And if there is someone spending that much on a legendary, I feel bad for him.

People already have…people spend thousands of $$$ in the RMAH in D3, $2500 to save 100’s and 100’s of hours of their free time is nothing to more people than you think.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

If someone is really spending real life cash on gems to buy gold to buy a legendary off the trading post, then I feel bad for him.

As of right now the cheapest legendary weapon I see available is the bolt, for 3333 gold.

Currently 100 gems is 1 gold 75 silver. Let’s pretend there are no fees for selling gems (there are)

That means to buy the cheapest legendary on the trading post right now (bolt) you need $2,308.

I know DOZENS of people who spend $1000+ on F2P games -.-

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

The problem I have with this is the fact that Legendary weapons should be the pinnacle and nothing should match them save another Legendary.
So, what’s the point in going after a Legendary weapon if I can get one of equal stats, easier, in Fractals ?

It was discussed publicly all along that it would only be cosmetic, the game at level 80 at the Exotic Level to be the end all stat wise. From there anything else was cosmetic differences. That is what they referred to as Horizontal. But something happened along the way.

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

They are talking about the time gap in order to acquire said items, not a gap in power.

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

Why would you feel bad for him? This means that he can spend thousands of dollars on a video game item without worrying about paying the bills, I would be jealous not pity him. This is basically saying you feel bad for a billionaire that buys 50 year old vintage cars for his collection.

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

I really think that they should have kept the idea of Legendary Weapons being an achievement for something cool and unique looking; a product of dedication. The draw to a Legendary was supposed to be the prestige of crafting one and the unique animation effects they produced while being wielded.

I hate that legendaries are being dumbed down to Gw2’s version of a pay to win item… I had hoped that Anet would show a bit more creativity and ingenuity with their designs than gear treadmills and “pay to win” (and soon they really will be an actual “pay to win” item, as they have stated they will be boosting the legendary weapon stats).

Now everyone is starting to feel the need for one, at least before it was like “oh they look cool, but whatever…” for many people, but with the proposed stat increases they will now instead feel “necessary.”

I just wish they would have made the Legendaries a bit more… legendary. You know, something that a few players get after playing and being dedicated to the game (not just farmed/botted and/or “cash shopped” through the Trading Post). It’s this kind of stuff that makes botting and gold buying through outside sources proliferate.

These kinds of things should be for the players that stick around for several months and don’t just hop in, grind for a couple weeks, get the “best gear” and leave until the next expansion, etc. They should take a bit of time, but really anything that can be obtained purely through the trading post and straight up farming just isn’t impressive at all; it really shows no real dedication when it’s easy to do so, and it just becomes a flavor of the month sort of thing.

(edited by Sollith.3502)

Theplayboy.6417

Spending $10,000.00 to some people is like one of us spending $10.00.

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

I work in the online gambling industry,
Some of you here make me chuckle…. you seriously got no idea how many hundreds of thousands $$$ people will spend on a whim just because they can, knowing they’ll lose it all anyway or will jump through hoops to get paid back.

You honestly think a measly $1000 or even $10,000 in an online game is a hurdle to some gamers? they probably just buy the legendary, play the game a bit, say “meh, not what I expected” and move on. They probably won’t even remember making this purchase.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Yes, in the last MMO I played there were several people who spent $5,000 + and a few who even spent $10,000+

The difference is that in those games they got a statistical advantage. They got gear so strong that very, very few people could compete against them.

I don’t know anyone who has spent that much on cosmetics.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Yes, in the last MMO I played there were several people who spent $5,000 + and a few who even spent $10,000+

The difference is that in those games they got a statistical advantage. They got gear so strong that very, very few people could compete against them.

Look how many discussions these weapons create.
Clearly this is far more than just cosmetics to some…

Posted by: Dedalus.3065

Dedalus.3065

Team Fortress 2.

Theplayboy.6417

Absolutely not. They should be cosmetic only. I should be able to log in and within 10 minute by talking to an NPC for less than 1 gold have a weapon of the same stats as your Legendary. Legendary should be cosmetic items only. You work for the skin and nothing else. This is how Guild Wars was and this is how Guild Wars 2 should be.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Ya do you guys even realize how utterly ridiculous that is?

There is only a handful of people in the world that make that kind of money…. they don’t call it the top 1% for nothing. I highly doubt many people have spent that kind of cash for a skin in a video game. And if they have well GREAT! More money so we get new content!

Sorry not sure why people have to be so negative…. its like your neighbor that works 20 hours a week that owns a 200k car while you work 60 hours a week and drive a civic…. get over it he clearly made better business desicisions in his life and is reaping the rewards… be happy with what you have and your own life and stop worrying about how others are getting what they get kitten

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Hmm, somehow down the road I feel that we will encounter true legendaries, weapons and armor. Named pieces that have some actual lore behind them. The current crop has ppl confusing a shiny item quality description with something that is actually legendary because of who wielded it, what it did to garner notable praise or infamy and how it came to be in your hands.

I know the word plays tricks with peoples minds.

Named Exotics suffer the same thing besides the armor pieces named after actual NPC’s from GW1.

I just hope that once ascended armor hits the shelves that they don’t have a million and one stats like some of the accessories, jeez…who wants to track all those stats. What needs to be done is shell out more weapon skills instead of more stats.

Posted by: Masaki.2153

Masaki.2153

Legendary weapons can be purchased off of the TP…Gold can be purchased with gems which can be purchased with real $$$. Legendary weapons are no longer the product of hard work and due diligence, just who has money.

and, AND, when you add in (or in this case take out) “percieved” (lol percieved,) drops to insanely low likelyhoods, MONEY is the only thing Anet want you using to get that legendary.

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

People aren’t grinding Legendary for it’s stats…we all know they PERFORM the same as most exotic weapons. It’s the skins we are after.

You can liken it to Ruby and Emerald Weapons from FFVII, you went through hell trying to beat both, and all you got was a useless gem with no stats.

But it showed everyone that you did it.

It’s just like that.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

People aren’t grinding Legendary for it’s stats…we all know they PERFORM the same as most exotic weapons. It’s the skins we are after.

You can liken it to Ruby and Emerald Weapons from FFVII, you went through hell trying to beat both, and all you got was a useless gem with no stats.

But it showed everyone that you did it.

It’s just like that.

truth, pure fluff for now…ohh the huvanity. Hopefully when they get upgraded to Ascended status…ascended items will be as easy to get as exotics currently are.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

exactly, just because they haven’t done it yet doesn’t mean they aren’t going to. So they are being sold for gold on the TP in a system where the only possible way you can get enough gold for that is if you are extremely lottery lucky or you buy gold from the gem shop. This is what is called P2W folks. That’s what people are talking about. When the only realistic means you have of getting some higher tier armor is getting it via real money. People can make all the arguments they want to about how you can spend 3/4 of a year to a whole year farming in wvw or dungeons but that’s not viable sorry especially if you have the permaDR bug across your entire account.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

exactly, just because they haven’t done it yet doesn’t mean they aren’t going to. So they are being sold for gold on the TP in a system where the only possible way you can get enough gold for that is if you are extremely lottery lucky or you buy gold from the gem shop. This is what is called P2W folks. That’s what people are talking about. When the only realistic means you have of getting some higher tier armor is getting it via real money. People can make all the arguments they want to about how you can spend 3/4 of a year to a whole year farming in wvw or dungeons but that’s not viable sorry especially if you have the permaDR bug across your entire account.

So how do the people who are selling these legendaries getting their legendary in the first place? Its not that hard to get a legendary people. The only things that are tough to get are the clovers and the precursor. I see full guilds running around with Legendary weapons in WvW.

The only reason why you don’t have one is because you spend to much time whining instead of actually trying to get the legendary.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Legendaries are only temporarily the same strength as exotics. What their end strength is equivalent to none of us know for certain, beyond the fact that it has been stated that Legendaries will always be Best in Slot. Maybe that means equivalent to ascended gear, maybe that means better than ascended gear… who knows.

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

Sure opens up both paths…..diligence and buying it.

Posted by: Dcollins.6973

Dcollins.6973

I am 90% done with my Juggernaut. Got the precurser, gift of juggernaut, 69 clovers, 100% exploration, bloodstone shard, gift of might / magic and 197 Obi Shards. Know how long it took me? So far 3 weeks of grinding and farming. I live in Cursed Shore farming karma, gold and crafting mats. Anything I do not need for the legendary I sell to make gold to buy more stuff for my legendary. I haven’t bought any gems trying to obtain my legendary. Honestly I believe that’s how it should be. The fact that the legendary isn’t soulbound on acquire is appalling and insulting imo!

Yes it’s just a skin, but it should be something sought after by those willing to do what it takes to get it. Not buy it with gems cause they’re daddy let’s them use the credit card on gems. You want to combat Gold Sellers / RMT Arena Net? Make legendarys bound on crafting it.

Sadly I think they shouldn’t call them legendarys. Other than cosmetics what’s so legendary about them? Nothing. They should be called “Shiney weapons” or something…

Honestly I dislike ArenaNet for this decision. It’s very sad.

ArenaNets idea of a legendary is appalling…
Illivatur – Juggernaut – Eternity – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Legendary weapons are no longer the product of hard work and due diligence, just who has money.

Hah! It never was.

All about luck with the RNG.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

It was explicitly stated that legendary weapons would be brought on par with Ascended weapons at the same time Ascended weapons are released.

What wasn’t mentioned, and what many players mistakenly took away from their comments, is that current legendary weapons will be brought on par with the level cap when level cap increases come. They made no such guarantee, and it’s probably worth saving some screenshots or something of people who assert that they did make such a guarantee.

What their end strength is equivalent to none of us know for certain, beyond the fact that it has been stated that Legendaries will always be Best in Slot.

All that was stated is that the legendary quality tier was always intended to be equivalent to BiS. It’s obvious that current legendary weapons won’t be buffed to increased levels when level caps are increased, because crafting a legendary weapon is the entire endgame, and grandfathering current legendary weapons into new level caps would totally undermine that.

(edited by Ansultares.1567)

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Ya do you guys even realize how utterly ridiculous that is?

*There is only a handful of people in the world that make that kind of money…. they don’t call it the top 1% for nothing. * I highly doubt many people have spent that kind of cash for a skin in a video game. And if they have well GREAT! More money so we get new content!

Sorry not sure why people have to be so negative…. its like your neighbor that works 20 hours a week that owns a 200k car while you work 60 hours a week and drive a civic…. get over it he clearly made better business desicisions in his life and is reaping the rewards… be happy with what you have and your own life and stop worrying about how others are getting what they get kitten

LOL. I just had to reply to this one.

The current US population is around 320 Million. Thus, the top 1% is about 3.2 Million.

Slightly more than a handful, wouldn’t you say

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Boa Cinderella.1298

Boa Cinderella.1298

If it’s true that “Legendary weapons will be better than ascended weapons which will be better than exotics” im out of that game. Because after these
diversified months of maxing my craftmanship (all on 400) I want to be able to craft max. items. Extravagant Legendaries would waste my limited time, im not a 7/24.

After these weeks of developing craftmanship I look foreward to play lovely with max. weapons, max. equip. I don’t have time to do that hard job for reaching these Legendaries, but I dont want to be excluded from max. Stats. I dont want to run breathless behind that item-progression the whole game. Who knows how this will continue?

I want to play from now on a long time with my maxed items. And if ArenaNet doesn’t care about players like me, I am shure I will find an alternative. Some may not even start to play GW2 if they realize this fracture in concept.

Boa

- Piken – [ONYX]

Dcollins.6973

If it’s true that “Legendary weapons will be better than ascended weapons which will be better than exotics” im out of that game. Because after these
diversified months of maxing my craftmanship (all on 400) I want to be able to craft max. items. Extravagant Legendaries would waste my limited time, im not a 7/24.

After these weeks of developing craftmanship I look foreward to play lovely with max. weapons, max. equip. I don’t have time to do that hard job for reaching these Legendaries, but I dont want to be excluded from max. Stats. I dont want to run breathless behind that item-progression the whole game. Who knows how this will continue?

I want to play from now on a long time with my maxed items. And if ArenaNet doesn’t care about players like me, I am shure I will find an alternative. Some may not even start to play GW2 if they realize this fracture in concept.

Boa

So because you can’t play 24/7 those of us who can play more than casually should be punished??? Wow. I forgot this was Boa Wars 2, not Guild Wars 2. My mistake sir, I will start sending you my money for the newest expansions!

I assume you’re MAD about having to farm Dungeons for tokens also? HOW RUDE!! ArenaNet should send you tokens cause you don’t have time for dungeons!! The nerve of them!! Where’s the petition to sign for you getting things handed to you because you can’t play for a long period of time!!!!

(edited by Dcollins.6973)

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

The meant the gap Costly-wise, not stat wise!!

getting a legendary takes like 1000 times longer than getting an exotic material and time wise!!

thats the gap Anet plans to shorten with the introduction of ascendants!!
but the stats will remain fairly equal between all 3

even now, ascendant rings are slightly better than exotic ones, the difference is minimal!

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

There are definitely people who would spend that kind of money on a game. Absolutely and no question. But they’ll be missing the point.

I see Legendaries as something to keep people interested in exploring the game. An excuse to keep playing and see the whole thing. One of the problems right now is that the precursors are hard to get hold of, which is preventing people from taking that journey.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Want to hear an amazing idea that none of you will agree with? Make a legendary weapon that can be got in wvwvwv, and lost in wvwvw to whoever kills you (most dmg, or whatever). That you get to keep as long as you are active in wvwvw or you die. That would be “legendary” to see. Right now I just murder all the twilight and sunrise people in seconds since I’ve yet to find someone with a legendary who can pvp

I usually target them first actually. It’s like a giant “look how awesome I am!” Stamp so I enjoy stomping them out

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

Posted by: Frostpyro.5942

Frostpyro.5942

Want to hear an amazing idea that none of you will agree with? Make a legendary weapon that can be got in wvwvwv, and lost in wvwvw to whoever kills you (most dmg, or whatever). That you get to keep as long as you are active in wvwvw or you die. That would be “legendary” to see. Right now I just murder all the twilight and sunrise people in seconds since I’ve yet to find someone with a legendary who can pvp

I usually target them first actually. It’s like a giant “look how awesome I am!” Stamp so I enjoy stomping them out

I love that idea and I don’t even enjoy pvp in MMOs lol

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Boa

So because you can’t play 24/7 those of us who can play more than casually should be punished??? Wow. I forgot this was Boa Wars 2, not Guild Wars 2. My mistake sir, I will start sending you my money for the newest expansions!

I assume you’re MAD about having to farm Dungeons for tokens also? HOW RUDE!! ArenaNet should send you tokens cause you don’t have time for dungeons!! The nerve of them!! Where’s the petition to sign for you getting things handed to you because you can’t play for a long period of time!!!!

Yes, because it should be RNG based, not player skill based when determining who is better in PVP/PVE. I hear that’s why all FPS give you better guns that deal more damage the more hours you clock in the game.

If you are so starved for real positive returns on time invested there is literally the whole rest of the world out there willing to give you something better the more effort you put in.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: paelen.3821

paelen.3821

Exotic? Legendary? Rares with superiors work fantastic!

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Because the game is not a gear grind. Or a drink-the-raid-aid game where you have to play with 20 other players you’d rather not spend time with over and over and over to get a chance at the drop you want.

Soul binding is bad.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

emm.. don’t forget that ANET did mention that they will in the future increase the level cap. even if they increase the stats of the legendaries, don’t you think it will become obsolete when there are new let’s say lvl 100 exotic. the only worth keeping then is the skin, which i’m not sure, but i suppose you could, transmute the legendaries ? no ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

People already have…people spend thousands of $$$ in the RMAH in D3, $2500 to save 100’s and 100’s of hours of their free time is nothing to more people than you think.

This.

My time is much more valuable than the money.

Posted by: Eddie.6701

Eddie.6701

This.

My time is much more valuable than the money.

I guess gaming is becoming a rich mans sport.

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

The sad irony really is that in WoW real money can strictly only get you cosmetic stuff.

If Anet actually had some honor and decency, ascended gear would look better than exotic gear instead of having better stats, and legendaries would be soulbound, not greedily sold on the the AH allowing few rich gamers to line Anet’s pockets.

Dcollins.6973

The sad irony really is that in WoW real money can strictly only get you cosmetic stuff.

If Anet actually had some honor and decency, ascended gear would look better than exotic gear instead of having better stats, and legendaries would be soulbound, not greedily sold on the the AH allowing few rich gamers to line Anet’s pockets.

This!!!!! So much this! This is so much awesome that it’s legendary!!!111 This man deserves a legendary just for how awesome this post is!

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

Good thing you cant buy skill in PvP

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]