Legendary weapons stats same as exotics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boa Cinderella.1298

Boa Cinderella.1298

@Alex
Thank you for this information. “… WoW real money can strictly only get you cosmetic stuff.”

It’s amazing, that just WoW seems to have a better, a fair balance between casual players and hardcore ones in matters of attribs of equip.

Is there an alternative for me, since GW broke their popular concept by introducing better stats on Ascendet Items? To feel excluded from max. stats while not playing fractals is one thing, but to have an alternative in a game that fits good to what I understand as ‘play together’ sounds interesting.

ArenaNet, I dont know who consulted you maintaining the mentioned cause for splitting our gw2 community. Give Exotic, Ascended and Legendary same max. attribs or give crafters the possibility to build the same stats without spending eternal time to finish.

Boa

- Piken – [ONYX]

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

I still can’t believe people complain about +5% (if even) boost to a character.
This is what seriously making some of you quit?

Are we real here? where’s the hidden camera?

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Do you REALLY think that someone out there is spending that much on a legendary weapon? I highly doubt it. And if there is someone spending that much on a legendary, I feel bad for him.

People already have…people spend thousands of $$$ in the RMAH in D3, $2500 to save 100’s and 100’s of hours of their free time is nothing to more people than you think.

This.

My time is much more valuable than the money.

I guess gaming is becoming a rich mans sport.

It really always has been, some people in certain online games buy entire planets for millions of real life cash… it’s crazy. You just don’t hear about it much because those games are pretty much based around pure economy.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Boa Cinderella.1298

@Horheristo

Let it be our own decision where we want to be generous in this game and elsewhere. You may not know where I supported players and community selflessly.

ArenaNet (and you) has to realize that there is an inequity in concept, that can’t be called ‘insignificant’. And it is 7 Weeks ago since we wait on an appropriate fixing, even if you vote for not to fix it.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/arenanet-responds-to-gear-grind-speculation/

I advise strictly against a new (vertical) tier of attribs/stats on equipment within less than a year. But Ascended can’t be stopped, i think. And if they continue, it would be better to get the needed stuff within a forseeable time by casual players. Why should casual players that spend some hours a weak be excluded from max. attrib equip? I don’t talk about rare skins, i just talk about maxed attribs.

After the vague explanation of Chris Whiteside (no concrete timeline) and the fact that more than seven weeks passed by without compensation, I have reason to doubt the development of this game to something that I want to spend time and money for.

It still looks for me more like Fraktal-Wars or 7/24-Wars, but I want some Come-Together-Wars to play with a various people Guild.

Boa

- Piken – [ONYX]

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

All I would like to say here, is that I nearly own my 3rd legendary, and I still don’t have a single ascended piece.

Why? because I firmly believe in what I said.
we’ll see when I’ll be arsed enough to bother getting the minimal ignorant boost that the ascended offer.

This is why I think you’re taking it out of proportion, but you of course, entitled to your own opinion and stick to your guns.

Posted by: Dcollins.6973

Dcollins.6973

Boa is from the generation of gamer who feel entitled to things without working for them.

Honestly Boa even if you spent your time going after a legendary, you’d still obtain one without having to play 24/7… some people want to grind it out as soon as possible. My Guild Leader says it’ll happen when it happens, and he’s casual like you are.

The fact that you want max stats right off the bat is disturbing to me…

ArenaNets idea of a legendary is appalling…
Illivatur – Juggernaut – Eternity – Jade Quarry

Boa Cinderella.1298

@Dcollins

You seem to be a very young and unexperienced player, since you failed to realize that anyone got the Champions of Gods title in GW1 for free. But maybe you have time left to look there – at the Hall of Monuments page – and put in the my name and you have learned something for your life.

A wrong presumption on the background of the opponent discutant was sometimes the worst of argument in a debate. Please don’t snub those players, that bought, loved and played GW1 year by year and well know about a fair concept.

The indifferent thinking of your own Guild-Master can’t be the scale of the entire GW-community. But it can be a hint why you still belong to that guild.

Boa

- Piken – [ONYX]

Dcollins.6973

I’m not going to list the many years I have in many MMOs because it’s irrelevant and off topic. If you think Legendary weapons should just be handed out because you don’t want to spend the time to go after them than you sir are the one with the problem. Countless others have gone after them, and I am sure that not all of them are hardcore elite players. So if casual players can get a legendary weapon, so can you. Stop whining about not having it at the start of the game. This isn’t GW1 where you only have 20 levels. This is GW2, and I think you need to realize they are not the same game.

By the way.. My Guild Master has the same 50/50 as you do. You can type his name in, Ihsahn Ash —- tera ( remove the —-, it’s all one word but they thought it was a curse word??? ), if you think it’s such a bad guild. You see he taught me that in GW1 you didn’t have to have the best of the best right at the start because working towards a goal was what made that game fun. That and vanquishes. That’s why he bought me GW1 and the expansions and is already helping me get to 50/50. Than you come along sir and want it all handed to you. Childish, you sir are the very young and inexperienced player.

Lastly…. please, in the politest way possible, learn some proper grammar. It’s hard to understand what you’re saying.

(edited by Dcollins.6973)

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

I neither like nor hate the fact you can now buy Legendaries on the TP. The main reason is that these nice looking skins are nothing more than an end game item designed to get people playing the game. You dont have epic quests to do, just a grind (I use this term positively) in a few different aspects of the game. Legendary weapons are not legendary!

For me I see no difference between grinding out a Legendary, grinding out money irl to buy gold (stupid if you ask me) or grinding out gold in the game. This view would be massively different had you have to complete quests, stories, boss fights, jumping puzzles etc etc to acquire the weapon but you do not. ANET missed an opportunity with Legendaries, we all know this but as it stands Legendaries are just nice skins, nothing more. When ascended weapons come in you’ll be able to transmute current weapons with ascended, so the whole power argument is null and void.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I think people forget that not the stats on the legendaries (which are the same as exotics right now) make them better but the journey to obtaining it does.

Of course there is still the possibility to buy one with alot of money but that doesnt make you a better player because right now they are more or less cosmetic items with the same stats as exotics.

For me, obtaining a Legendary is a long term goal that i started pursuing after hitting lvl 80.
In order to get all the ingredients, you have to master alot of different aspects of the game.
I had to get world completion first, which made me visit all maps of Tyria. I wouldnt have done that otherwise, as my character was already lvl 80.
Then i started to lvl my crafting professions, because i didnt craft before. After maxing my first 2 professions, i got very good in lvling the other ones with investing minimum ingredients and money, which, in my opinion makes me a legendary crafter.
Before Guild Wars 2 I also didnt like PvP/WvW very much, i was usually focussed on PvE. But I had to get into WvW to get world completion as well as my 500 batches.
Now I really like WvW and even though I am propably not the best at it, I am way better at it than before.
I also got way better at farming all the other resources and I learned how to use the trading post more efficiently.

So for me, trying to get a legendary is a long term goal and all the ingredients that i need make me playing/mastering many different aspects of the game. So once I finally have my first Legendary, it wont make me better because of high stats but my personal skills of playing the game will have improved alot along way.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Boa Cinderella.1298

@Wanze
Thank you for your nice statement. I share your thinking about reaching out for these Legendaries, and for those players I preserve my respect. Not for those who still want to have better attribs than casual players. It’s the longterm adventure of that big game and maybe there is a Legendary waiting for me some day on that walk if I see a reason to continue it.

- Piken – [ONYX]

Dcollins.6973

@Wanze
Thank you for your nice statement. I share your thinking about reaching out for these Legendaries, and for those players I preserve my respect. Not for those who still want to have better attribs than casual players. It’s the longterm adventure of that big game and maybe there is a Legendary waiting for me some day on that walk if I see a reason to continue it.

What??? You don’t know what you’re arguing about do you? You sir are a troll.

Earlier you said this:

If it’s true that “Legendary weapons will be better than ascended weapons which will be better than exotics” im out of that game. Because after these
diversified months of maxing my craftmanship (all on 400) I want to be able to craft max. items. Extravagant Legendaries would waste my limited time, im not a 7/24.

After these weeks of developing craftmanship I look foreward to play lovely with max. weapons, max. equip. I don’t have time to do that hard job for reaching these Legendaries, but I dont want to be excluded from max. Stats. I dont want to run breathless behind that item-progression the whole game. Who knows how this will continue?

I want to play from now on a long time with my maxed items. And if ArenaNet doesn’t care about players like me, I am shure I will find an alternative. Some may not even start to play GW2 if they realize this fracture in concept.

Boa

Dcollins.6973

@Wanze

What??? You don’t know what you’re arguing about do you? You sir are a troll.

Earlier you said this:

If it’s true that “Legendary weapons will be better than ascended weapons which will be better than exotics” im out of that game. Because after these
diversified months of maxing my craftmanship (all on 400) I want to be able to craft max. items. Extravagant Legendaries would waste my limited time, im not a 7/24.

After these weeks of developing craftmanship I look foreward to play lovely with max. weapons, max. equip. I don’t have time to do that hard job for reaching these Legendaries, but I dont want to be excluded from max. Stats. I dont want to run breathless behind that item-progression the whole game. Who knows how this will continue?

I want to play from now on a long time with my maxed items. And if ArenaNet doesn’t care about players like me, I am shure I will find an alternative. Some may not even start to play GW2 if they realize this fracture in concept.

Boa

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

The sad irony really is that in WoW real money can strictly only get you cosmetic stuff.

Not true. You can buy the Guardian Cub and sell it in game on the AH. Then you can use that gold to buy anything off the AH. Exactly the same as buying Gems, selling them for gold and using that gold on the TP in GW2.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

ANet has officially stated that Legendary stats will be bumped to Ascended when Ascended weapons are introduced.

They actually stated that ascended weapons would help “bridge the gap” between exotic and legendary weapons. It’s my belief that Legendary weapons will be better than ascended weapons which will be better than exotics. Basically Orange items will one day be equivalent to current day Greens . Which is a huge shame. It makes spending resources and materials for rare exotics a set back .

They have clarifed that they meant the time gap not the stat gap.

Then why is there a stat gap in the first place?

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

ANet has officially stated that Legendary stats will be bumped to Ascended when Ascended weapons are introduced.

They actually stated that ascended weapons would help “bridge the gap” between exotic and legendary weapons. It’s my belief that Legendary weapons will be better than ascended weapons which will be better than exotics. Basically Orange items will one day be equivalent to current day Greens . Which is a huge shame. It makes spending resources and materials for rare exotics a set back .

They have clarifed that they meant the time gap not the stat gap.

Then why is there a stat gap in the first place?

I belive that was about Legendary weapons time gap, and they lowered the stats while ascended items are being release.

About ascended, besides doing fractals once in a while (fotm4), im not going into it, just becouse it does not have the stats i use for my Guardian build it would be a cut in the stats i use, so i will w8 for new gear being released.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

If someone is really spending real life cash on gems to buy gold to buy a legendary off the trading post, then I feel bad for him.

As of right now the cheapest legendary weapon I see available is the bolt, for 3333 gold.

Currently 100 gems is 1 gold 75 silver. Let’s pretend there are no fees for selling gems (there are)

That means you need 190457 gems to get that much gold (rounded)

With the largest bulk option you get 4000 gems for $50.00

That means to buy the cheapest legendary on the trading post right now (bolt) you need $2,308.

When you add in trading post fees you’re probably looking at around $2,5000.

Do you REALLY think that someone out there is spending that much on a legendary weapon? I highly doubt it. And if there is someone spending that much on a legendary, I feel bad for him.

Spending $10,000.00 to some people is like one of us spending $10.00.

Ya do you guys even realize how utterly ridiculous that is?

*There is only a handful of people in the world that make that kind of money…. they don’t call it the top 1% for nothing. * I highly doubt many people have spent that kind of cash for a skin in a video game. And if they have well GREAT! More money so we get new content!

Sorry not sure why people have to be so negative…. its like your neighbor that works 20 hours a week that owns a 200k car while you work 60 hours a week and drive a civic…. get over it he clearly made better business desicisions in his life and is reaping the rewards… be happy with what you have and your own life and stop worrying about how others are getting what they get kitten

LOL. I just had to reply to this one.

The current US population is around 320 Million. Thus, the top 1% is about 3.2 Million.

Slightly more than a handful, wouldn’t you say

Cheers.

Ya and less then 1% of that 3.2 million probably play…. just pointing out the obviously flawed logic you have. I doubt there are many in that 1% that are sitting and playing GW2 lol.

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

The sad irony really is that in WoW real money can strictly only get you cosmetic stuff.

Not true. You can buy the Guardian Cub and sell it in game on the AH. Then you can use that gold to buy anything off the AH. Exactly the same as buying Gems, selling them for gold and using that gold on the TP in GW2.

Cheers.

Good luck buying your BiS gear with gold from the AH. Oh wait, you can’t.

If you want the best gear in WoW you have to raid or PvP for it, no gold or cash will get you there or even help you get there.

Not to mention, that there is absolutely no way any amount of gold or real life cash could get you a legendary in WoW.

Point is, there was no incentive for Anet to make legendaries BoE other than blatant greed.

If legendaries in GW2 were soulbound and a huge timesink instead of a monstrous money sink all would be well, but they are not.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

The only thing raising legendaries stats and adding Ascended gear will improve is the elitist gap and fracturing of the communities even more, i don’t know about you guys but all these mechanics seem to do is add hate and elitism to what was a pretty ok community before Nov 15th.

I feel pretty sad looking at what these Legendaries and fotm have caused to this game..

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I actually wouldn’t have a problem with legendaries having an extra stat tier, so long as they are ONLY available in PVE, and that includes not being allowed in WvW.