Legendary, why is it legendary ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

Ok i know i may take a lot rage on this, but i really wish someone to explain to me, why are legendary items, legendary.
The way i see it, except SPs, karma and map 100%, that actually take some to to gain and are making player to spend some time on it, other requirements are just pure fail.
All of this “hard to obtain” items are closely related to, gem store. What is so legendary in that ?
What say u ?

Posted by: Wanko.8103

Wanko.8103

“Legendary” is a rarity status.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

They’re not ‘closely related to the gem store’. Yes you can use the gem store to buy gold and then buy the items but it’s entirely possible to get them purely through farming and never spend a penny. But most people who have gotten them, or seriously considered getting them, so far are not that patient.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

kiranslee.4829

How they are not related to gem store , if you can obtain like 80% of required materials over gem store, placing almost no effort into gameplay?

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Sure, everything ingame is related to the gem store. If you are willing to spend several hundreds of euros buying gems (the gems-to-gold ratio is terrible atm).

If there is anyone who is willing to sponsor Anet for that amount for a few shiney pixels, sure, they can have their shiny pixels. It’s not like the legendaries give you an advantage otherwise. I really don’t mind. I chuckle and move on, shaking my head at the waste of money, and have some admiration for those who managed to get a legendary without buying them with real life cash.

But I bet my left leg that most people are not willing to waste that much money on a fictional rainbow shooting unicorn bow in a non-existent fantasy world.

So your point is?

Posted by: Thirsty.2875

Thirsty.2875

How they are not related to gem store , if you can obtain like 80% of required materials over gem store, placing almost no effort into gameplay?

You mean to say you can obtain like 80% of required materials with gold. The unfortunate fact is in game currency will always be available via real currency for any game that it matters in and has the ability to have said in game currency change hands. ArenaNet does a better job than most other games (relating to in game economics) regulating it with fluctuating gem to gold exchange rates and their mystic forge recipes.

But to answer your question just look at ‘most’ of the legendary items, in a mass of 50+ people in WvW you can easily spot anyone with a legendary.

Spill The Blood <- Join The sPvP Guild

Posted by: YPC.6349

YPC.6349

There is nothing legendary in any video games. If you are looking for one, go back to real life.

kiranslee.4829

Im not trying to make point here, i honestly wanted to see how community that QQ for days now, over ascension gear, is on other side completely ok with “buy to be cool” policy on legendary.

But to answer your question just look at ‘most’ of the legendary items, in a mass of 50+ people in WvW you can easily spot anyone with a legendary.

Not to me, i hardly get to load all ppl in WvW

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

No, I’m feelin’ ya. It’d be cool if ya had ta run every Dungeon in the game once; had ta get every achievement, what ya can get on one character in the game, once; an’ only then didja open up another dungeon what ya had ta go through ta get yer legendary. Forget ingredients, forget precursors, make gettin’ it have nothin’ ta do with grind an’ everything ta do with bein’ awesome.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

YPC.6349

Im not trying to make point here, i honestly wanted to see how community that QQ for days now, over ascension gear, is on other side completely ok with “buy to be cool” policy on legendary.

vertical vs horizontal progression

Thirsty.2875

To the first part people are ok with ‘buy to be cool’ because you don’t have to buy gems to obtain the cool factor and if you did you aren’t buying better stats just a better looking item. The issue people have with the ascension gear is either they don’t want to have to put more effort in obtaining the top gear or that they are worried this is a slippery slope leading to a constant gear grind.

The second part is a whole other can of worms, I think they just thought mesmers were too powerful in WvW so they tried to give big zergs mass invis without them…. but once they do load in you notice.

kiranslee.4829

you don’t have to buy gems to obtain the cool factor and if you did you aren’t buying better stats just a better looking item.

That may be true for you, not for all, and not for me.
Hopefully , ascension gear will stay grind fest , and everyone who wonna get it will feel same pain as those who care for “legendary” , models.

YPC.6349

No, I’m feelin’ ya. It’d be cool if ya had ta run every Dungeon in the game once; had ta get every achievement, what ya can get on one character in the game, once; an’ only then didja open up another dungeon what ya had ta go through ta get yer legendary. Forget ingredients, forget precursors, make gettin’ it have nothin’ ta do with grind an’ everything ta do with bein’ awesome.

People want to do different things at this game. Few always think their favorite is the most “legendary” thing in the game, let it be dungeons, wvw, JP, open world boss, gold earning etc. But if they did put acquisition of lengendary based on one or few places, then they would kill the rest of the game, just look at fotm.

kiranslee.4829

People want to do different things at this game. Few always think their favorite is the most “legendary” thing in the game, let it be dungeons, wvw, JP, open world boss, gold earning etc. But if they did put acquisition of lengendary based on one or few places, then they would kill the rest of the game, just look at fotm.

Thats true. But. Why not add other ways to obtain items like that ? WvW achievements , pve achievements , mix achievements. This game have so many thing person can do, but so many are completely useless (good example are world bosses). I was always wondering , why world dragons have such bad AI and no use. Why not change need for like 250 T6 mats , for something , with some “boss” drop from some long lasting , and hard event , that leads to boss fight.
In short , why not make bosses that we have , work similar (smaller) scale as it was last event, weekly , monthly or something like that.
Thing is , GW2 have base , NEVER to be grindy , i dont understand why not use it.
And ofc , leave option to be grind fest, who love to do it ….

Posted by: yarpen.1364

yarpen.1364

for now you can just spend real money and make legendary in probably less than week (karma + tokens + world map).
Or you can farm mats, gold, precursor (or gold for it) for ages.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

and how are you going to do that? Gem store does not sell a single material that you’ll need to make it. I was looking into making at least one dagger for myself. List of things that I’ll need:
1. Gift of Metal
250 Orichalcum Ingots
250 Mithril Ingots
250 Darksteel Ingots
250 Platinum Ingots

All are items gotten in game and not sold in the gem store. The only thing you can use the gem store for here is gold.

2. Vial of Liquid Flame
250 Ghost Peppers
100 Molten Lodestones
100 Destroyer Lodestones

Most of these ingredients to make the components listed above will require you to spend skill points (!) and money. No item is sold on the gem store.

3. Gift of Baelfire
500 Flame Legion Charr Carvings

you need components from chests only found in a specific dungeon, NOT on the gem store.

4. 100 Icy Runestones

Buyable item, 1 gold each. Not on the gem store.

5. Superior Sigil of Fire

This one you need to randomly drop. Not on the gem store. Not craftable.

6. Gift of Fortune
77 Mystic Clovers
Recipe for 1 (1/3 Chance)
1 Obsidian Shard
1 Mystic Coin
1 Glob of Ectoplasm
6 Philosopher’s Stones

Here you will once again need to spend skill points, karma (2000 for an obsidian shard) and money. No items on the gem store.

7. Gift of Magic
250 Vial of Powerful Blood
250 Powerful Venom Sacs
250 Elaborate Totems
250 Pile of Crystalline Dust

Regular ingredients, all you need is money. NOT on the gem store.

8. Gift of Might
250 Vicious Fangs
250 Armored Scales
250 Vicious Claws
250 Ancient Bones

9. Gift of Mastery
1 Bloodstone Shard (200 skill points needed)
250 Obsidian Shards (525,000 karma needed)
1 Gift of Exploration (100% World Completion)

where can I find these on the gem store exactly?

10. Gift of Battle
500 Badge of Honor

requires WvW. NOT on the gem store again.

11. Spark (weapon)

a higher exotic weapon that you can get randomly by combining 4 exotic daggers in the forge. NOT on the gem store.

So how does it relate to the gem store?

Thirsty.2875

you don’t have to buy gems to obtain the cool factor and if you did you aren’t buying better stats just a better looking item.

Hopefully , ascension gear will stay grind fest , and everyone who wonna get it will feel same pain as those who care for “legendary” , models.

How is that not true for you or everyone else? Do you lack the ability to do anything in this game? Everything you do gives you money you just lack patience not the ability to get the cool factor without buying gems.

kiranslee.4829

Similar problem as this is commander rank book. there are planty of ppl in WvW sho cant farm it , and deserve it far mroe then those “commanders” that bought it.
If you think, guy who spend tons of money to buy siege items, lead ppl around , and over all makes it fun time for many more then just himself, is not rewarded in GW2, even worse he lose (money) trying to be fun and cooperative player.

Posted by: ocfallwind.4821

ocfallwind.4821

Someday when ANet raises the level cap, will all the L80 Legendary become obsolete?

yarpen.1364

and how are you going to do that? Gem store does not sell a single material that you’ll need to make it. I was looking into making at least one dagger for myself. List of things that I’ll need:
1. Gift of Metal
250 Orichalcum Ingots
250 Mithril Ingots
250 Darksteel Ingots
250 Platinum Ingots

All are items gotten in game and not sold in the gem store. The only thing you can use the gem store for here is gold.

2. Vial of Liquid Flame
250 Ghost Peppers
100 Molten Lodestones
100 Destroyer Lodestones

Most of these ingredients to make the components listed above will require you to spend skill points (!) and money. No item is sold on the gem store.

3. Gift of Baelfire

you need components from chests only found in a specific dungeon, NOT on the gem store.

4. 100 Icy Runestones

6. Gift of Fortune
77 Mystic Clovers
1 Obsidian Shard
1 Mystic Coin
1 Glob of Ectoplasm
6 Philosopher’s Stones

Here you will once again need to spend skill points, karma (2000 for an obsidian shard) and money. No items on the gem store.

7. Gift of Magic
250 Powerful Venom Sacs
250 Elaborate Totems

8. Gift of Might
250 Vicious Fangs
250 Armored Scales
250 Vicious Claws
250 Ancient Bones

9. Gift of Mastery

10. Gift of Battle
500 Badge of Honor

11. Spark (weapon)

a higher exotic weapon that you can get randomly by combining 4 exotic daggers in the forge. NOT on the gem store.

simple
buy gems→ change for gold → buy mats in 5 minutes. in same way buy precursor.

karma, skillpoints, map 100% isn’t problem at all.
it’s hard to say how much gold is needed but it’s a lot. 1 lodestone is around 1,5 gold, powerfull blood around 25 silver . And because you can buy gems and convert it to gold, for now legendary in 95% can be bough buy cash (because can be bough by gold).

Thirsty.2875

Someday when ANet raises the level cap, will all the L80 Legendary become obsolete?

They won’t… problem solved

There is no reason for them to do so.. they will introduce new skills and probably revamp the traits or add other types of character progression in a similar manner but there is no reason to raise the level cap.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

How is that not true for you or everyone else? Do you lack the ability to do anything in this game? Everything you do gives you money you just lack patience not the ability to get the cool factor without buying gems.

In a “skill-based” game why are so many of the rare items RNG/farm instead of rewarding skilled players?

Thirsty.2875

it’s hard to say how much gold is needed but it’s a lot. 1 lodestone is around 1,5 gold, powerfull blood around 25 silver . And because you can buy gems and convert it to gold, for now legendary in 95% can be bough buy cash (because can be bough by gold).

Have you tried to farm half a mil in karma? Do you have 100% map completion? Those things take time. Buying gems and converting them to gold to buy a legendary would take hundreds of dollars I saw a report of one person spending over a thousand dollars worth of gems on their legendary.

The point everyone is trying to make that you don’t seem to get is that you do not HAVE to buy gems to get the legendary I know a few people who have them without spending a dime on gems but they put a lot of work into the game.

kiranslee.4829

In a “skill-based” game why are so many of the rare items RNG/farm instead of rewarding skilled players?

Thats my problem here.
Grind and RL money win over skill and fun.

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

They’re just very expensive weapons with special skins.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

Legendary items are really taking on a new role at the moment if you think about it.

They are the item tier that frees you from the grind, if you can stand the grind to get one in the first place.

Since they have stated that Legendary weapons were always meant to be equivalent to the top tier items in the game, that basically means you’ll get a free upgrade whenever a new tier of gear is introduced into the game.

Mirta.5029

simple
buy gems-> change for gold -> buy mats in 5 minutes. in same way buy precursor.

Skill points – you’ll need over 300, means that one way or another you’ll be spending a lot of time in the game completing the full map and doing WvW, if you’re already doing that, why not to just save mats up? Also how rich are you? Gems for money is really expensive so what’s the point of getting it, if you will still spend forever for the badges, full completion and skill points?

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

I crafted mine a few days ago and I’ve never used the gem store.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

ComeAndSee.1356

Legendary items are really taking on a new role at the moment if you think about it.

They are the item tier that frees you from the grind, if you can stand the grind to get one in the first place.

Since they have stated that Legendary weapons were always meant to be equivalent to the top tier items in the game, that basically means you’ll get a free upgrade whenever a new tier of gear is introduced into the game.

Well, they have to give you a reason to get them. What’s the point of getting a Legendary if you can get Ascended weapons for free once they’re available.

yarpen.1364

Have you tried to farm half a mil in karma?

Do you have 100% map completion? Those things take time. Buying gems and converting them to gold to buy a legendary would take hundreds of dollars I saw a report of one person spending over a thousand dollars worth of gems on their legendary.

The point everyone is trying to make that you don’t seem to get is that you do not HAVE to buy gems to get the legendary I know a few people who have them without spending a dime on gems but they put a lot of work into the game.

yes I had half milion karma, spend most of it for karma armor, cultural weapons etc.
After changes in dailys and montly + karma in dungeons it’s just easy to farm it.
Map at 100%? I have 75% or something similar. I prefer making alts, got 4 on 80 level in exotic gear. If I wanted 100% i could do it in maybe 3 days.

IMO legendary on player should mean that this guy/girl spend a lot of time in game, are good players in most aspects, they did some hardcore things. Reward for effort and skill.
For now it isn’t. It can be bough with money in 95%. And those 5% aren’t connected with effort and skill at all.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Have you tried to farm half a mil in karma? Do you have 100% map completion? Those things take time. Buying gems and converting them to gold to buy a legendary would take hundreds of dollars I saw a report of one person spending over a thousand dollars worth of gems on their legendary.

By the time you reach 100% map completion alone you’ll have at least 250k karma if you didn’t manage to leave out almost every event. But this actually takes time, yes, and if somebody is willing to pay for gems to achieve most of the other stuff (and he’s gonna pay a lot I guess, could somebody do the math please?) that’s fine for me. Paying on the TP isn’t better or worse than grinding for countless hours. If we were talking about skill vs gems, ok – but since most of it is just grind, I don’t care if somebody wants to spend money on it.

IMO legendary on player should mean that this guy/girl spend a lot of time in game, are good players in most aspects, they did some hardcore things. Reward for effort and skill.
For now it isn’t. It can be bough with money in 95%. And those 5% aren’t connected with effort and skill at all.

It’s luck to get the precursor (or grind for gold) and more grind for the rest. Not really much skill involved. Even a half-brained monkey could achieve a legendary, actually.

There is no reason for them to do so.. they will introduce new skills and probably revamp the traits or add other types of character progression in a similar manner but there is no reason to raise the level cap.

It’s already more or less official that the level cap will be raised with an extension.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They are now saying that is not only a possibility, but a certainty (eventually). Also, notice that while they did say the legendaries will always be upped to new top tier, they never said anything about upping their level.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

Because they are a legendary grind, ’nuff said.

Thirsty.2875

They are now saying that is not only a possibility, but a certainty (eventually). Also, notice that while they did say the legendaries will always be upped to new top tier, they never said anything about upping their level.

I apologize I was wrong… I just looked it up and found out but I am completely baffled by that decision and it makes me a very sad panda

kiranslee.4829

A bit back to topic.
Colin Johanson: We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.
This is why i said its gem related.
Doing 100% is fun, in time u done it , u already have 200SP. Playing a bit more and we are done with fun events/dungeon runs (karma).
What is left for legendary craft then if not grind xxxx mobs for xxx mats ?
Gem store ?

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

It’s actually not constructive to quote this out of context. What was meant is that you don’t have to grind to achieve everything in GW2. Legendaries are one exception. It’s currently also true for some other things, like Infusions, but they already said during the AMA that the high ecto requirement is not exactly what they intended and that this will be reworked.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

Ok i know i may take a lot rage on this, but i really wish someone to explain to me, why are legendary items, legendary.
The way i see it, except SPs, karma and map 100%, that actually take some to to gain and are making player to spend some time on it, other requirements are just pure fail.
All of this “hard to obtain” items are closely related to, gem store. What is so legendary in that ?
What say u ?

That is how this game is designed. Look at the outrage when ascended gear came out and it couldn’t just be crafted.

It’s not “legendary” at all.

It’s just a label.

ComeAndSee.1356

It’s actually not constructive to quote this out of context. What was meant is that you don’t have to grind to achieve everything in GW2. Legendaries are one exception. It’s currently also true for some other things, like Infusions, but they already said during the AMA that the high ecto requirement is not exactly what they intended and that this will be reworked.

You don’t NEED legendaries, it’s just a carrot on the stick for dedicated people. They’re just for looks because their stats are marginally better than the current exotics.

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

They are legendary because all ppl haveing one atm are legendary… FAILERS! Really I played with some by now. they fail in fractals they fail in arah path 3 farming 3 deaths while we killed the other boss duo .. I think that what’s make em legendary atm !

first scale 81 fractals

Mirta.5029

They are legendary because all ppl haveing one atm are legendary… FAILERS! Really I played with some by now. they fail in fractals they fail in arah path 3 farming 3 deaths while we killed the other boss duo .. I think that what’s make em legendary atm !

Or they are squishy. It’s a fail if they’re warriors or guardians, but if you were running with an elementalist, that means that they couldn’t dodge once and got hit once. It’s pretty much insta death on a squishy.

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

vertical vs horizontal progression

Seriously dude…WTF does player culling have to do with progression? This is becoming “el nino” for this board…its getting absurd

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

A bit back to topic.
This is why i said its gem related.
Doing 100% is fun, in time u done it , u already have 200SP. Playing a bit more and we are done with fun events/dungeon runs (karma).
What is left for legendary craft then if not grind xxxx mobs for xxx mats ?
Gem store ?

I think its your opinion, its meant to do a little at a time. Set a goal, get one lodestone per trip out, make 10 gold any way you want per day…that isnt a grind. If you are using the gem store or grinding, it is your own decision. Stop pretending the developers are threatening you with metal bludgeoning instruments to farm gold all day.

Legendary is a game term, you are using meta examples though to lessen its impact. Think about this in game…"I have slain thousands of corrupted beasts to procure their hearts, traveled the world from the frosted peaks of the Norn to the undead wastes of Orr, found the ancient blade of dusk after killing thousands to get to it, forged sacred metal from ores that line the earth, and captured the essence of night into a blade…all of this to create a sword that captures the night sky within its mirrored blade..I have created ‘Twilight’…..that sounds pretty kitten epic to me. The problem is, its not legendary to you..thats hard to do though, in truth no matter how “legendary” they make it..it will always just be a series of tasks to create.

(edited by Ditton.3149)

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

As stated above it is a videogame, nothing is ever legendary in it.

If they actually made hard content for legendary gear then all of you would be whining about how hard it is, how you should be able to solo it if given enough time, etc.

edit – oh, i’m sorry, since the majority of forum users are what they are, replace “hard” with “annoying”. it’s so “annoying” to get the timing down on boss fights and to do so repeatedly. It is so “annoying” to have a timed jumping puzzle.

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR

(edited by vvp.8512)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I think its your opinion, its meant to do a little at a time. Set a goal, get one lodestone per trip out, make 10 gold any way you want per day…that isnt a grind.

I have over 400 hours on my account. I have about 20 gold total across all my characters, and show only very slight increases daily. There is no “make 10 gold daily any way you want”. You have to farm for it. If you find it boring, you are out of luck because there is no other way.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mirta.5029

I think its your opinion, its meant to do a little at a time. Set a goal, get one lodestone per trip out, make 10 gold any way you want per day…that isnt a grind.

I have over 400 hours on my account. I have about 20 gold total across all my characters, and show only very slight increases daily. There is no “make 10 gold daily any way you want”. You have to farm for it. If you find it boring, you are out of luck because there is no other way.

I decided not to worry about gold. Tried farming, that’s boring. Now I run dungeons and play WvW for fun and the money just comes slowly. Sure I only earn 2 gold a day, but hey I have exotics, I feel comfortable, why do I need it anyway? When I have enough I’ll probably head for either a legendary, jewelry (they’re crap on all my chars) or prettier exotics (Rata sum has very pretty exotics for 100 gold, I could transmute them to have my stats that I like and their looks ), there’s no rush though. I enjoy the game, so why to complain?

Posted by: Zirina.6594

Zirina.6594

It is quite easy to make ten gold a day. Plainly put for the last three or four days I have made 10-12 gold simply by doing 2 or 3 fractals runs (I mean like the even levels that have the jade maw) and simply salvaging/ selling anything that drops. That totaled two hours of my game time with plenty left over to do whatever else I felt like doing.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

FIRST get your 500 dungeon drops, 500 badges of honor, million karma, hundreds of sp, 400 crafting twice, gift of exploration.

Then the materials sink won’t seem so big.

I would’ve hoped, given the term legendary that there would be rich stories of these items, retold through the years. That perhaps they appear in the GW novels, were crafted by Destiny’s Edge, or something like that.

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

1. Gift of Metal
250 Orichalcum Ingots
250 Mithril Ingots
250 Darksteel Ingots
250 Platinum Ingots

2. Vial of Liquid Flame
250 Ghost Peppers
100 Molten Lodestones
100 Destroyer Lodestones

3. Gift of Baelfire

4. 100 Icy Runestones

6. Gift of Fortune
77 Mystic Clovers
1 Obsidian Shard
1 Mystic Coin
1 Glob of Ectoplasm
6 Philosopher’s Stones

7. Gift of Magic
250 Powerful Venom Sacs
250 Elaborate Totems

8. Gift of Might
250 Vicious Fangs
250 Armored Scales
250 Vicious Claws
250 Ancient Bones

9. Gift of Mastery

10. Gift of Battle
500 Badge of Honor

11. Spark (weapon)

simple
buy gems-> change for gold -> buy mats in 5 minutes. in same way buy precursor.

The gem-gold exchange rate is really bad.

You’d have to drop at least $500 and still have to farm stuff.

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

$500 Dollars isn’t much, and his point still stands. You can purchase some of the necessary materials to create a legendary through the use of the gemstore.

In an ideal MMO, a legendary weapon should have some sort of quest to acquire it. The current acquisiton method if you wish to attain the materials for the more aesthetically pleasing legendaries, will cost you around 1000g or more.

My friend who will be crafting his twilight later this week, has spent 900 hours, and had to play the trading post for over a month, buying low and selling high, just to afford his t6 mats(250 stacks of each) as well as the ectoplasm and lodestones.

I have a similar play-time(867 hrs) and we’re always playing together, yet I’m nowhere near completing my sunrise, outside of the karma,WvW, and Dungeon gifts.

Although this is completely anecdotal, It paints a small picture as to how much of a goldsink everything else for a legendary.

Posted by: mattbnh.9247

mattbnh.9247

I think Anet is missing a huge economic opportunity here. They should sell sponsorships to the legendary weapons. Who wouldn’t want the ‘Legendary Geico Insurance Greatsword’ or the ‘Legendary Pepsi Focus of Fizzle’? Wouldn’t it be great if we could send soup labels to Anet and get a "Legendary Progresso Traditional Soup Ladle of Karka Bashing’?

(don’t miss the sarcasm, please)

More seriously, if a weapon is the pinnacle of the game, and people are making this big a fuss about how hard it is to craft or how expensive it is to buy, after the game has existed less than six months, get a grip. The game is supposed to last years, not weeks.

Hey, I want to see the next season of Game of Thrones, and read the next book in the series, but I just have to be patient. I also am not playing GW2 to ‘finish’ it so i can move on to the next game that pops out. I want it to last.

I don’t expect to log on every night and have something spectacular drop into my inventory because I deserve it.

I can fully understand the frustration with dropping hundreds of weapons into the Mystic Toilet and never getting back what you need – that is a suck mechanism that degrades the game. I fully expect Anet to fix or supplement this in time., because that is what they did with GW1, over time. Meanwhile, I just don’t go there.

But other than that, I think people are wasting too much energy churning about this, and ascended, and FOTM, and not enough energy enjoying what’s good in the game.

“That’s more than I really needed to know.” – Adventurer in LA