Legendary with crafted precursur

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cyclop.5934

cyclop.5934

I have probably a stupid question. Can I sell a legendary weapon if I use crafted precursor.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yes as long it isn’t any of the new batch of legendaries – ie, Nevermore, Hope and Astralaria since they are account bound when made.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If it’s one of the old ones you can, if it’s one of the new legendaries released with HoT you can’t because they’re account bound.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Liet Talen.7284

Liet Talen.7284

Only 1st Gen legendary weapons, those forged by using a precrusor, specific weapon gift, gift of fortune and gift of mastery, can be bought/sold/traded.

Any legendary weapon created using the collections is considered 2nd Gen and is account bound, cannot be bought/sold/traded.

That’s how I understand it. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Only 1st Gen legendary weapons, those forged by using a precrusor, specific weapon gift, gift of fortune and gift of mastery, can be bought/sold/traded.

Any legendary weapon created using the collections is considered 2nd Gen and is account bound, cannot be bought/sold/traded.

That’s how I understand it. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

The first bit you state is correct, the second is not. A legendary can be sold if forged using a precursor made via a collection as long as it isn’t a HoT legendary.

A second generation legendary currently are only the HoT ones. The originals are first generation regardless of how the precursor is created – collection/forged,/drop

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Unless you count the 4th collection for the gift. But yeah, you’re not awarded a legendary weapon from a collection.

Posted by: Artanis.4963

Artanis.4963

I have probably a stupid question. Can I sell a legendary weapon if I use crafted precursor.

The launch legendary weapons work exactly the same as before Heart of Thorns: you can sell the precursor weapon or the legendary weapon itself (even if you used the collection and creating recipe to make the precursor).

Only the new legendary equipment is different. For the new ones, both the precursor and legendary item is account bound on acquire.