Lemongrass: The numbers don't lie.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

There is a reason why its worth more then three times the amount of any other food in the game right now… can you really not see how strong this food is? Please nerf it down to 20% and or more reasonable levels.

Or make it to where it only reduces one condition’s duration to 40% every second.

Please make a reason to use other foods, or bring them up-to-par.

Attachments:

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

and thats when you run a power spec and laugh at people using expensive food.

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

i think the best answer is: can you see that others foods are totally useless?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Are you like, obssesed with Lemmongrass. This is at least the third thread you have made on the subject. Give it a rest already. It’s been discussed to death. Making multiple threads on the same subject is against forum rules.

You already have:
Lemongrass food nerf and I think lemongrass is too potent

Enough already. We get it. You think Lemmongrass is too strong.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Uh… you do know that lemongrass is most often used by power specs right?

They are less likely to be dependent on a specific food to make their build viable (Boon bots tend to use some like chocolate omnom for the 20% boons, condition builds frequently run rare veggie pizza for the +40% condition). With that already in place than -40% condition duration is an ideal use of the slot in WvW effectively rendering condition builds harmless

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

The components needed to make Lemongrass food are rare. No one is doing the 45-75 zones anymore so the cooking components from those zones are ridiculous.

Dill sprigs 15sp
Rosemary sprigs 10sp
Chili peppers 9sp
Lemongrass 5sp

etc

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Wait. If 14 silver means Lemongrass Poultry Soup is OP, what does that say about Curry Butternut Squash Soup and Curry Pumpkin Soup which sell for 14.5 silver?

Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup must be the “I Win” consumable since it is selling for 24.5 silver.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Uh… you do know that lemongrass is most often used by power specs right?

Of course it is. And that’s their choice.

Lower condition duration on the enemy still mean very little to anyone not focused on condition.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

Bowl of Garlic Kale Sautee
/thread

Attachments:

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Looks like the op got owned.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Daecollo.9578

Not really owned, if you check the duration on that food you will notice thakittens a 1h instead of 30m, and also costs several times more ingredients.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Curry_Butternut_Squash_Soup

That is the comparison, its exactly the same as food mentioned above except costs far far less.

I did not get “owned” I simply woke up and read something stupid.

Bowl of Karlic Sautee is also a 1h duration one

The 30m one is Rare Veggie Pizza, which is 4 silver.

Please don’t compare food that has different durations, compare it to the food that has 30m duration.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a higher then 30m -40% duration food.

Please stop defending OP food. Just let it get nerfed for the sake of a game, Immunity to Chill, Cripple, Immobilize has to be boring after a while.

Its like saying: OMG THIS IS 1g!

Attachments:

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Daecollo.9578

Please don’t compare food that is double the duration and costs 5 times the ingredients.

There is food already with the same stats that you compare it to.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

It’s not fun when warrior actually get close enough to land one hit. Nerf this op food.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Daecollo.9578

Its no fun when kitten chill is turned into 0s.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Oh, no wonder why people in wvw are going down so fast, when I just chop them down with my nonexistent burning condition damage. Please keep buying this food.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Daecollo.9578

I play a condition necro… made completely useless because of this food. Wish I had the numbers to chop people down.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve reconsidered and want to thank you for posting this thread again. I’ve looked into this food and made a bunch of them for my warrior. It should come in handy. Before you brought it to my, and many other people’s attention I’m sure, I was unaware it was so useful. ^^

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Coming from someone who crafts most of their own consumables, the price of Lemongrass has little if anything to do with demand. It’s expensive because Lemongrass itself is pretty rare (there’s only one map zone I know of in the entire game with a Lemongrass loot table, and that table has a lot of other entries competing for space).

It’s the same for Curry Butternut, which is expensive because Peppers were shifted off from Karma vendors and onto very (very) rare loot tables in low level Ascalon. Take a look at the price of Lemongrass and Chili Pepper and compare them to their recipes if you don’t believe me.

I also find it rather absurd that condi builds in WvW complain about Lemongrass when they’re usually running Veggie Pizza (+40% duration). If you’re trying to overclock your character with consumables and someone else is doing the same, then why the hypocrisy?

Posted by: Naranek.3467

Naranek.3467

Question. Does this work with transferred conditions? Because if it does, I am making about 100 and giving them to my guardian; “Save Yourselves!” in the middle of a zerg just got a lot better!

Posted by: Vatras.2806

Vatras.2806

Hey there

Daecollo, maybe you remember me

Daecollo tries now for about 3 months to nerf Lemongrass, because his Omnomberry Ghosts were nerfed. Here are his oter topics:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/I-think-that-Lemongrass-is-too-powerful/first#post2024861

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Lemongrass-Food-Nerf/first#post2103056

Conclusion: He has no interest what so ever in nerfing lemongrass, he just wants revenge for his Omnomberry Ghosts. So don’t believe him. Lemongrass is not OP and was never OP. Just keep it as it is.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I also find it rather absurd that condi builds in WvW complain about Lemongrass when they’re usually running Veggie Pizza (+40% duration). If you’re trying to overclock your character with consumables and someone else is doing the same, then why the hypocrisy?

So many lemongrass threads explaining the difference between pizza and lemongrass and you are still asking this?

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Coming from someone who crafts most of their own consumables, the price of Lemongrass has little if anything to do with demand. It’s expensive because Lemongrass itself is pretty rare (there’s only one map zone I know of in the entire game with a Lemongrass loot table, and that table has a lot of other entries competing for space).

It’s not just the Lemongrass. The poultry stock is also expensive because Rosemary is from a mid-level herb node that only has a chance to drop. It’s basically in the same boat as Dill Sprigs, Chilli Peppers, Vanilla Beans and Sesame Seeds. If you farm the medium nodes, you can make 6x more than the high level nodes like Omnomberries because omnoms have their own special node and everyone is in the high level areas usually.

IMO, the devs should probably make more nodes specifically for these specific ingredients…or increase the yield from them. You can easily make 10g in half an hour if you know where the nodes are and can move between them fast enough but that’s only because they are so rare.

Take a look at the price of Lemongrass and Chili Pepper and compare them to their recipes if you don’t believe me.

Definitely right! Or just something cheap like Rosemary which are mainly used in low level recipes and yet it’s nearly as expensive as Lemongrass. Dill Sprigs aren’t even used in any good high level foods and yet it’s price alone is higher than the food Lemongrass poultry soup.

also find it rather absurd that condi builds in WvW complain about Lemongrass when they’re usually running Veggie Pizza (+40% duration). If you’re trying to overclock your character with consumables and someone else is doing the same, then why the hypocrisy?

Won’t really comment on this as it’s been beaten to death. I will say though that some foods don’t feel equal. There are just foods out there that aren’t even worth making…in fact, they will burn your gold for no purpose than to exist.

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

There is nothing, and I mean nothing over-powered about Lemongrass soup in a build.

Yes, it is extremely helpful in a defensively focused build. However, this little sweetie requires a mandatory Melandru x6 Rune set up in order to reach full potential. As a result, you give up a TON of options (and dps), in order to run it. And yes, I do run the lemongrass soup on one of my 3 toons; but trust me, I had to accept a significant trade off of much lower dps to do so. On my other 2 toons, the handicap to my build was far too high to run the lemongrass/melandru combo. The bottom line is, it is no more, nor no less, over-powered than many other food/rune combos out there.

Honestly, anyone hyper-ventilating and QQing over this food/rune combo as the so-called reason they are being stomped in WvW is looking in the wrong area. The QQing sounds far more like a significant L2P issue, than anything else.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

Daecollo.9578

Its very overpowered.

Ision.3207

Its very overpowered.

L2P

Posted by: RAWR.4273

RAWR.4273

Please keep making more threads so people can buy all my lemongrass soup. I have like thousands more but they are selling steady.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The difference between pizza and lemongrass is that pizza still caps out at 100% condition duration, whereas lemongrass takes effect after all duration boons. In this line, Lemongrass trumps Pizza because Pizza just makes Lemongrass take more away.

Although I don’t have much of a problem with lemongrass when I go WvW with my condition necro. I think the big thing people are forgetting is that when you go for lemongrass and get condition resistance, you loose out on the buffs you can get from other foods. There are some pretty strong ones, such as might on dodge + 40% endurance regen rate (Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew), Lifesteal on Crit (Omnomberry Ghost), the ability to cause constant might gain + chill (Ghost Pepper Popper), 85 HP/Sec (Mango Pie), or the raw power that Butternut squash gives.

For something like a Warrior that has little condition removal, this food is amazing. But for something like an engineer or a necromancer, they’ll want longer condition duration + damage. The thief wants raw power. Guardians and Elementalists already ignore conditions, so they go for more power or the HP regen or the extra dodges. I don’t know what rangers and mesmers go for, but if their behavior is any indication they go for raw power, too.

So all in all it is great if you are a warrior. If not, they’re something else you’ll want to get instead.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Leo G.4501

Its very overpowered.

Whether it’s OP or not, you have to admit that you were wrong in your main assumption thakittens price is the proof. You can at least admit that.

Please keep making more threads so people can buy all my lemongrass soup. I have like thousands more but they are selling steady.

I mainly just sell the poultry stocks. The regular stock tends to fluctuate so I may use purchased or make my own so that I can make it into herbed stock and sell that. I usually never make the soup because I’d have to buy the lemongrass and I can just make that much from the stock…but if I do come across the grass, I try and squeeze as much profit out of them so I can make a s*** ton of stock to sell

It always sells fast. The problem though, is of course Rosemary and Sage.

For something like a Warrior that has little condition removal, this food is amazing. But for something like an engineer or a necromancer, they’ll want longer condition duration + damage. The thief wants raw power. Guardians and Elementalists already ignore conditions, so they go for more power or the HP regen or the extra dodges. I don’t know what rangers and mesmers go for, but if their behavior is any indication they go for raw power, too.

So all in all it is great if you are a warrior. If not, they’re something else you’ll want to get instead.

Personally, I’d have loved to keep my non-cooldown might/chill on crit pepper poppers on my Ranger. If not, they really should buff it to something like 66% chance instead of 40%. It helps keep foes chilled for just a little bit so my pet can catch them. I wanted to use the extra might to proc more might on my pet (with a trait to ‘transfer’ boons to pets) but it’s overall not an effective food anymore. It still works but probably only well with a chill build.

Leo G.4501

I’m taking it on good faith that this is actually how the buffs work, but I would imagine the difference was supposed to be balanced around the fact that there are many, many ways to buff up condi duration, from traits to equipment to runes to weapons and foods, while there are essentially a few traits, a rune template and one consumable for decreasing it.

This is the case, most likely.

If anything should be nerfed, I’d hope it’d be Melandru runes, breaking up it’s -duration to specific conditions like the 2-slot bonus be -15% bleed, chill, blind and cripple and the 6-slot bonus be -15% poison, burning, confusion and weakness.

You can wrap the -stun duration into the 6 slot bonus (for -25% stun duration) and maybe add as the 4th slot bonus something like Gain protection when you drop to a certain amount of health, or +20% Stability duration.

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

:O I missed something here. How can a condition be reduced to 0 seconds? I’m only seeing -65% overall which is good but that isn’t 0.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

:O I missed something here. How can a condition be reduced to 0 seconds? I’m only seeing -65% overall which is good but that isn’t 0.

Dogged march gets it to 98% reduction, if that trait stacks additively. It’s relevant because apparently everyone is a warrior and every warrior takes that trait, as compared to that one Warrior who is sick to death of being kited and burned a rune set, consumable buff and 10 trait points so it would stop happening.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

This kind of food shouldn’t exist imo. Food being stronger than traits is just a broken concept. I would like a 40% reduced crit dmg food, everyone would be crying.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Dogged march gets it to 98% reduction, if that trait stacks additively. It’s relevant because apparently everyone is a warrior and every warrior takes that trait, as compared to that one Warrior who is sick to death of being kited and burned a rune set, consumable buff and 10 trait points so it would stop happening.

Also an elementalist trait that does the same, Geomancer’s Freedom. The ele trait lacks the secondary effect of 3s of regeneration(10s cd).

As for the subject of condition duration both for increase and decrease it seems like they durations for damaging conditions and control conditions should be separate.

Leo G.4501

This kind of food shouldn’t exist imo. Food being stronger than traits is just a broken concept. I would like a 40% reduced crit dmg food, everyone would be crying.

Consumables have always, in nearly all RPGs, been relatively powerful because they are consumable (i.e. finite).

A trait is not meant to be considered in a vacuum. A trait is a part of a set and should be considered as a piece of a build.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

The problem is two-fold. First 40% reduction is not the same as 40% increase. Starting at base damage, a 40% reduction is the equivalent to a 67% increase.

The second problem is the way things stack additively in this game, especially with % decrease. 100% decrease is completely negates the ability, while 100% increase simply doubles the duration. So someone with 100% duration reduction vs. someone with 100000000000000000000% duration increase would mean that the duration would still be 0. That’s horrible game design.

Lets see how it is in practice with just Melandru runes. Melandru runes reduce duration to 75%. Another 40% on top of that then becomes the equivalent of 114% increase. That’s almost 3x as strong as the duration increase food.

Duration decrease food should be slightly more powerful than duration increase food. That’s because you can make a build around duration increase and it affects the majority of your damage, but you can’t do the same thing for your opponents. The real problem is not the 40% value, but the additive stacking.

I’m skeptical that ArenaNet both understands the issue and has the capability to fix it. They will probably just nerf the food to 20% or something instead of addressing the underlying problem. Then the next time something like this happens they’ll again have to nerf the food/trait/ability on a case by case basis. Oh well, math is hard I guess.

(edited by Yaki.9563)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There is a reason why its worth more then three times the amount of any other food in the game right now… can you really not see how strong this food is? Please nerf it down to 20% and or more reasonable levels.

As it has been pointed to you many times before in every post you have made about it so far, it’s a matter for the suggestion forum, not this one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s too strong because of how the duration is calculated. Say I have +40% cond duration and they have -40%. 1.4 × .6 = .84.

It not only counters it, but then reduces it even more. A fix for how that is calculated would solve the problem… but it’s probably easier to just nerf the food down to where it would just even out.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s too strong because of how the duration is calculated. Say I have +40% cond duration and they have -40%. 1.4 × .6 = .84.

It not only counters it, but then reduces it even more. A fix for how that is calculated would solve the problem… but it’s probably easier to just nerf the food down to where it would just even out.

It hasn’t been proved that it even works that way yet. Everything else uses the unmodified value as a base for modification, so why the -40% should work differently?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

While out and about I think they actually may have reduced the number of herb locations notably in the lower levels but I can’t be sure.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

If there also was a +40% crit damage food, I’d be very happy.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

They should only have to remove the Food buffs upon death in wvw .See how many people still keep buying and using them….

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

In This Thread:

People arguing over chicken soup and pizza.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

lemongrass vs pizza is like… protection vs +dmg%
i do think that 40% duration on consumable are a little too much..
changing this food calculation would mean nerving protection from its current state though..

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

lemongrass vs pizza is like… protection vs +dmg%
i do think that 40% duration on consumable are a little too much..
changing this food calculation would mean nerving protection from its current state though..

care to explain that part?

@topic:
its just kittened that this food still exists in the game, especially when it stacks with all the other -cond.duration-things. It’s waay too overpowered and can completely counter a class/build.

Foodbuffs should never have that much of an impact on the game.

Imo both kind of foods should be nerfed to +-10% cond.duration (boon duration food should be brought down to 10% max aswell).

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Mmm much simpler solution. Remove all consumables from WvW.

Ision.3207

rofl … unreal …

Oh lord, no consumables in WvW; is that the solution (lol)? …. hmm, I wonder what classes would benefit the most from this, and which ones would suffer the most ? Tell ya what; not only no consumables, but also, no Runes, no Sigils and no Elite skills either … ;-)

ahahahahahaha

Christ, ya just gotta love it … whenever some noob thinks he has the ultimate build but then encounters someone with a perfect counter-build —- the noob screams bloody murder about X being OP, and wants something nerfed … LOL.

I guess QQing is easier than changing your build and learning to adapt/play better.

(edited by Ision.3207)

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Mmm much simpler solution. Remove all consumables from WvW.

No need to remove all consumables just because 2 or 3 are so OP.

Having more choices and possibilities to customise your build with consumables is good, as long as no specific consumable is a must-have

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I try to explain this rationally to people and it normally falls short… I feel like I commented on this last time it came up, possibly the same poster.

It has been proven the effect of minus duration applies after the + duration has been added in. It also only makes sense when you consider how the effects interact with one another.

I cast cripple on you, and its duration which is normally 10 seconds, is applied at 20 seconds, because I have +100% duration.

Your counter-food, has an effect applied, with a source duration of 20 seconds, uses its -40% multiplier, and now the effect is only 12 seconds.

You can take that further to the extreme cases where people are getting this number very high, as were mentioned above and nearly negating all (of some) conditions.

While I will say it is quite an investment to get to those super high -condition duration builds, they also completely negate effects with shorter durations, to the point you just need to build the rest of your stats around sustain, and avoidance on physical damage, and you are essentially impossible to kill. (see elementalists with high uptime on protection with high healing power).

The food should just interact with the base duration, and reduce that, of each of the effects. That way it is even with the +duration food. Or make it so it doesn’t stack with other -duration effects.

If you don’t see this as a powerful food, then you are ignoring the stat budget for how to get -40% duration from other sources. The same can be said of +40% duration, which is equally overbudget, but easier to get within the game stat budget.

Show me any rune combination, with gear included, and stats that can get you to -40% duration on incoming conditions? (Leaving specific traits out).

Now doing the same thing with +duration, you can find several avenues that end in +40% duration or more. Condition duration tree can be up to 30%, Giver’s weapons can give 10% duration a slot, Lyssa/Madking together can get you 20%.

But with duration, you are capped at 100% by the game, so you cannot do better than that, while with -duration, your cap is that you are effectively immune to conditions. The problem here is the extreme cases and the stacking.

Posted by: Taran Redleaf.7912

Taran Redleaf.7912

I like Lemongrass just the way it is. I disagree completely with the OP of this thread.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I play a condition necro… made completely useless because of this food. Wish I had the numbers to chop people down.

Nerfing this food will have little impact for a conditionmancer in WvW. I don’t play mine there because condition removal is pervasive. One try was enough for me.

It’s nice to think nerfing this food will make a big difference for condition builds but it won’t. Might as well forget about Epidemic as the conditions will be gone before you can hit the button.