Less outfits, more armor pieces.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Let the players worry about clipping. Seriously, Id rather mix and match than be stuck with a onesie outfit.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Is it that time of the month again?

google search – armor outfits site:forum-en.guildwars2.com

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You’re assuming armor is made by the same people that make gemstore items. It’s likely that it’s not since armor is one of the most expensive items they make and gem store outfits can be made for much less time and cost, which means it can be made by a different set of people not trained on how to make armor.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

While I would 100% love less outfits more armor. As others have said over and over in other threads about this same topic it is unlikely to happen. A quick forum search will show you all the reasons why.

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

I just tried this, when you search the forum for “outfit”, you get two posts from this thread only, so using the forum search doesn’t help at all (anet please fix forum search functions).

I’m actually pretty cool with the way that outfits are being produced, but I would like more exchangeable armour pieces too. Whatever can be done would be great.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I just tried this, when you search the forum for “outfit”, you get two posts from this thread only, so using the forum search doesn’t help at all (anet please fix forum search functions).

I’m actually pretty cool with the way that outfits are being produced, but I would like more exchangeable armour pieces too. Whatever can be done would be great.

The forum search is broken and iirc they don’t have a business relationship with the company who made it and the Devs are not trained in the forum code. If you want to locate topics you’ll need to google.

At any rate, because armor takes so long (9 months to make a full set for 5 races and 2 sexes) and is so expensive it’s unlikely we’ll see full sets outside expansion releases. Outfits take a month or less to make and are (probably) made by a different, gemstore team. If it’s different teams then reducing the number of outfits won’t increase the number of armor sets.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

Aren’t they also working on legendary armour at the moment? Wouldn’t that specifically hamper the devs ability to create non-legendary armour?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Let the players worry about clipping. Seriously, Id rather mix and match than be stuck with a onesie outfit.

And many would rather have onesie outfits rather than major clipping issues. Tastes vary.

For better or worse, ANet designed a game that includes some really intricate animation on dye options for armor, along with 5 cultural variations (and at least 3 additional gender versions). As a result, it takes a lot longer to produce armor even if ANet didn’t worry about clipping among armor pieces — and it’s hard to imagine them releasing a shoddy version of armor in which they haven’t spent time mitigating clipping.

tl;dr not everyone agrees and changing it wouldn’t be as simple as the request suggests

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There’s a Sticky above (and in some other sub-forums) explaining how to search the Forums.

Good luck.