Less then 1Kb/sec on Update anyone?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Well over an hour as well and 25,500 and counting. How is the download a different size for everyone?

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

How to switch back 32bit client? I’ve deleted mine since the 64bit released. It’s a pain to watching 2kb/s for downloading the patch.

The same way you downloaded the 64bit client. Scroll up to the top of the screen, click the MY ACCOUNT button, login when it askes you to, click Download Client in the box on the right hand side or click Game Content on the header bar, both will take you to the page where you can download the client.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

32-bit client – 23.7MB
64-bit client – ?? because it’s not done yet

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

New post

ChrisCleary Reddit post
We are aware of the patching issues with the 64 bit client and are working on it. I’ll update this thread when I get more info, but for now the 32 bit client is your only option.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Tapioca.9062

Anet official response on reddit: “We are aware of the patching issues with the 64 bit client and are working on it. For now, the 32 bit client is able to be patched.”

And, of course, their official response is posted first on Reddit and not here. At this point Reddit really is the new official forum.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

2 hours and still downloading at 8kb/sec. WTG ArenaNet – always living up to your reputation of don’t fix anything without breaking something else!

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

About 2 hours at 5Kb. Thanks Anet, you guys have been great recently.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Chuo.4238

Anet official response on reddit: “We are aware of the patching issues with the 64 bit client and are working on it. For now, the 32 bit client is able to be patched.”

And, of course, their official response is posted first on Reddit and not here. At this point Reddit really is the new official forum.

Yea they’ve always been stupid that way. Communication is NOT one of ArenaNet’s strong points, and never has been.

On another note, ArenaNet have finally given us a choice of how we’ll not be able to play!

A) Ridiculously slow download for the 64 bit client, preventing playing, or
b) Go back to the 32 bit client and crash every few minutes, preventing playing!

Yes, I’m having a laugh at this whole thing…

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Another official reddit update: “Yup, sorry 64-bit client is not patching. That 1k or 2k a second is probably the error code – it’s never going to finish! We’re working on fixing it.”

quaniesan.8497

New post

ChrisCleary Reddit post
We are aware of the patching issues with the 64 bit client and are working on it. I’ll update this thread when I get more info, but for now the 32 bit client is your only option.

LOL, investigate? what is there to investigate. 64 bit client has issues of downloading patches before, shouldn’t you guys know or at least aware of potential issues by now?

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

For a brief moment I was so happy to see a thread complaining about the patch speed… until I saw the patch notes.

“Fixed a server crash.”

Guess it won’t be until next week that we see a fix for the various collections.

Chuo.4238

For a brief moment I was so happy to see a thread complaining about the patch speed… until I saw the patch notes.

“Fixed a server crash.”

Guess it won’t be until next week that we see a fix for the various collections.

They fixed the server crash. If you can’t log in, the server can’t crash. Fixed.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

“Fixed a server crash.”

They fixed the server crash. If you can’t log in, the server can’t crash. Fixed.

That’s pretty zen.

“If a server crashes but nobody is on it, has it truly crashed?”

quaniesan.8497

“Fixed a server crash.”

That’s pretty zen.

“If a server crashes but nobody is on it, has it truly crashed?”

That’s pretty zen, indeed.
" Granted it truly crashed, but nobody was on it, has it truly ever existed"

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Dang. Thought I could redownload the client from the My Account page here on the forum but alas it isn’t the most recent version and it wants to update still :S

I’ll see how long I get going on the 32-bit client before it crashes

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

This is becoming a regular thing. Wish they wouldn’t do end of day updates.

Attachments:

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

its downloading fine now, after the update they just released (1 min ago).

Posted by: Tinkerbee.2873

Tinkerbee.2873

I think the new build has fixed the 64bit

Tinkerbee

Posted by: XtremeDump.9587

XtremeDump.9587

yeah this sux, been trying to download for the past 2 hours. gonna play the 32 bit also and just wait for the crash. MY REV HAS kitten TO DO CMON ANET!!!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This is becoming a regular thing. Wish they wouldn’t do end of day updates.

From what I understand the servers started breaking first then they updated to fix that and then the 64bit client broke.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

why wait xtremedump it was just fixed restart your 64bit client

Posted by: Grymlocke.1067

Grymlocke.1067

/sigh

epicfail net strikes again 3rd time this month they have had download patch issues

another new fix and i havent even downloaded the last one and this one still giving 1/2kbps

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

We can cease the majestic QQ train – for the 64bit client is updating just fine now.

Thanks ANet for the fix.

Keep up the great work.

Posted by: Mandar.9813

Mandar.9813

I AM TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I AM INCREDIBLY kittenED OFF AND IT IS THE LEAST THAT I CAN DO. I AM SO kittenED THAT I AM PERFECTLY OK WITH HAVING TO BACKSPACE AND CORRECT TYPOS I INCUR DUE TO LOCKING INTO CAPS.

I haven’t been able to play for about 2 hours now. I am using the 64bit client and have been stuck downloading at 3-4kb/sec for LITERALLY 3 kittenING HOURS. I would be painting the walls red if it were not for D3. Seriously, this kitten makes me just…angry when I let myself think about it. I am gonna go back to playing D3 for the night. and with my tendencies that means I’ll be off playing D3 for a few days at least.

Thank you, ANET, for reminding that other games exist.

Your Resident Devil’s Advocate

Tapioca.9062

Oh, the fix is up? Thanks for the heads up, guys. I would have missed it if you hadn’t said anything since I still hadn’t headed over to Reddit.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

[Anet]DrStephenCW 10 points an hour ago
Yup, sorry 64-bit client is not patching. That 1k or 2k a second is probably the error code – it’s never going to finish! We’re working on fixing it.

[Anet]DrStephenCW [score hidden] 21 minutes ago
I’m patched up on 64-bit!

Posted on the official forums!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

New post

ChrisCleary Reddit post

The whole Reddit update was not a good thing to see. That should be done here. However, it is quite frustrating that they’ve over-looked/or messed up patching for the 64-bit client..

edit- I’m glad the fix update was posted here, but is it going to be the norm to have to check Reddit when there is an issue in the first place? I rather like when I can come to the forums of the game I’m playing to get info instead of going other places for it.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

(edited by Siobhan.5273)

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

This issue should now be resolved. Please restart your launcher.

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

Sorry the issue is FAR from resolved…
Why bother making your forums if you guys will post in reddit first and disregard people in here? Should we delete our forum accounts and just go do reddit then? Please tell us if there is a move on communications so we are not kept outside of the loop.

I am not a redditer…
i find the reply
….to a reply
……….of a reply
………………to the reply
………………………..of the reply lay out of it, quite annoying. to say the least.

/end of rant/

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Why bother making your forums if you guys will post in reddit first and disregard people in here? Should we delete our forum accounts and just go do reddit then? Please tell us if there is a move on communications so we are not kept outside of the loop.

I am not a redditer…
i find the reply
….to a reply
……….of a reply
………………to the reply

/end of rant/

This…

Close the forums, or close reddit.

ALL communication should start on your own website!

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

Cool, maybe address your community on the mainstream official Arena Net Guild Wars 2 Website Forums from now on???? Most logical place among consumers.

Logic…………..common sense plz, I did not go to college for 4 years of computer science for nothing………..sigh……….maybe I should start applying to gaming industry positions, even though my old college professor advise against it, they tell me it’s corrupted with evil.

Hellion

(edited by Lucifer.7289)

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

Cool, maybe address your community on the mainstream official Arena Net Guild Wars 2 Website Forums from now on???? Most logical place among consumers.

Logic…………..common sense plz, I did not go to college fore 4 years of computer science for nothing………..sigh……….

Well…seems they did

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

Logic…………..common sense plz, I did not go to college fore 4 years of computer science for nothing………..sigh……….

Well…seems they did

Seems they went to reddit first….so seems they did didn’t, learn logic, stop brown nosing.

Hellion

(edited by Lucifer.7289)

Chuo.4238

I am not a redditer…
i find the reply
….to a reply
……….of a reply
………………to the reply

/end of rant/

You’ve got a point, but I’d be willing to bet nobody at ArenaNet read it. Or if they did, understood the significance of it.

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

Thanks so much for letting me utilize my limited play time by watching the game client not update correctly. Honestly, at my job, if something like this was released, someone would be fired. I’d like to opt out of patches until I know they work, instead of not being able to play at all. You’re getting on a bad track record, anet. It’s been too long since something has been done the right way, all the way.

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The 64-bit client was an emergency beta release and is way more beta than the Mac client is. It was rushed to alleviate the OOM issues with HoT, issues that were supposedly fixed a couple of weeks ago and since then I’ve found the 64-bit client doesn’t quite go live at the same time as the 32-bit one does. This case it looks as if it wasn’t pushed to the CDN so everyone was trying to download it from one server.

If you keep using this 64-bit beta client, understand that there will be bumps until it becomes official and that the only official client is the 32-bit one.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes