Let fail frozen maw

Let fail frozen maw

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

I always wanted to see what happen if u don’t close all the portal in timer, don’t kill all the elite, and don’t kill all his summoner. Due to the events being so easy with it being on mega server, we never get the chance to see what happen if it fails.
Here is what I purposing, we setting a date and time and fill up wayfarer foothill, then leave map to put the map on closing 30min before the meta.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Everyone on the map dies… permanently.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

I would totally do this. I always wondered this myself.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

He summons an ice elemental, and then you fight it. At least, I think that’s what happens. I don’t remember well because its been over a year.

Something similar happens at Ulgoth, I think.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

The need for something like this shows how grotesque the open world has become…

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Let fail frozen maw

SundayTrash.9562

I failed ulgoth once, he will create this huge explosion and everyone within that area dies.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Nothing happens. He disappears and the timer resets. It is a beginning zone boss. Nothing changes, it just resets. At least that what use to happens.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Nothing happens. He disappears and the timer resets. It is a beginning zone boss. Nothing changes, it just resets. At least that what use to happens.

Would be fun if he did something like yell “the dragon is coming, you shall be his sacrifices!!!” and kills anyone nearby that is downleveled by 10 or more..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Failing any of the events won’t change how the meta event plays out. It’ll always move on to the next step.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Frozen_Maw

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Would be fun if he did something like yell “the dragon is coming, you shall be his sacrifices!!!” and kills anyone nearby that is downleveled by 10 or more..

That would be fantastic. All world bosses should be modified to increase some difficulty and if it fails all within the area are killed and the bosses corruption spreads out and has to be fought back to remove the boss. Would make the world more alive. With the mega servers it would be feasible.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I always wanted to see what happen if u don’t close all the portal in timer, don’t kill all the elite, and don’t kill all his summoner. Due to the events being so easy with it being on mega server, we never get the chance to see what happen if it fails.
Here is what I purposing, we setting a date and time and fill up wayfarer foothill, then leave map to put the map on closing 30min before the meta.

If everyone leaves the map, how will you see what happens?

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

If you just mean the pre-events then it’s the same as succeeding it.

Originally the champion would lose half of his health if the pre-events were done on time. Similar to Ulgoth does still. But because he died way too fast, they removed this aspect. Similar to how the Claw of Jormag no longer loses his wings when entering phase 2.

There is a fail state for if you fail the total timer for the world boss, like all others. In most cases this is just larger amounts of ambient mob spawns, or evvironmental hazards like mines for Tequatl.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

I’ve seen it fail twice in recently, and that’s exactly what happens – nothing. Last fail was about a month or month and a half ago. With the way megaservers work, sometimes you end up in a new instance with very few people.

I’ve always been curious what happens if you kill Jormag during the first phase.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I’ve seen it fail twice in recently, and that’s exactly what happens – nothing. Last fail was about a month or month and a half ago. With the way megaservers work, sometimes you end up in a new instance with very few people.

I’ve always been curious what happens if you kill Jormag during the first phase.

If I remember correctly, you can’t. He will just bounce to the other spot quicker.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It’d break, no doubt.

There’s quite a few events out there where you can kill the enemy before a script can trigger – the champion branded griffon in Fields of Ruin, the three risen Priory Explorers in Kitah Manse are two examples. If you do kill them before the scripts run, then an error in the coding occurs, and the content freezes, unable to continue because of missing NPCs.

So the Claw of Jormag event will remain uncompleted until either:

1. The timer runs out.
  2. The map is destroyed.
  3. The event’s forced to reset.

Depends on the coding, in order of what’s most likely to least likely to happen.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Never never ever ever going to happen.

Let fail frozen maw

SundayTrash.9562

Never never ever ever going to happen.

I will make it happen, if only there was a patch half a hour before maw.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

what happens if maw event fails
it unleashes the unholy female icebrood  :<

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Btw what happens to the fire-elemental in thaumanova reactor in metrica? When nothing happens the story is completely pointless from an immersive view.
I mean why should our chars fight that thing when it disappears after 10 mins anyways? (Beside for loot) That goes for maw too somehow.

Let fail frozen maw

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

I’m sure many of us have seen how dynamic events play out all across the game. In many cases, when an event fails, you lose access to a vendor, new mobs spawn, you don’t get a chance to defend the succeeded state of the event, or you die. Actually, a lot of people will die. I remember in the early days with the Modinir Ulgoth event, there were trolls running around in map chat berating people for attacking the Elemental hands and were trying to get people to fail the event. One time, everyone complied and we watched the countdown reach zero…..Boom. The elemental hands exploded and everyone in the area died. No candy at the end of that rainbow. I can’t remember what happens when Maw fails but I’ve been there for that too. Most dynamic events that I’ve seen fail work out so that the event chain cycles back to some point in the chain if not the beginning.

Let fail frozen maw

SundayTrash.9562

Btw what happens to the fire-elemental in thaumanova reactor in metrica? When nothing happens the story is completely pointless from an immersive view.
I mean why should our chars fight that thing when it disappears after 10 mins anyways? (Beside for loot) That goes for maw too somehow.

Well FE used to not have a timer, same with maw, but if u fail FE pre, the inquest would hijack the golem and the npc would be crying for help.
kitten i just want see what happen if maw last pre fails.