Let players make fractals

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hinadira.4396

Hinadira.4396

Q:

We all know, that fractals are becoming dull after doing them tenth time… Players, who want actually farm best gear form fractals, have to do the same dungeons over and over and over again…

What if players had GW2 developers dungeon makeing tools? And what if their creations could appear in fractals?

That is a terrible idea! Fractals will be flooded with crappy, or troll dungeons! What about dungeons, when you one-hit kill one enemy, and just loot chest full of… everything? It’s a cheating!

Wait, wait wait… you are right. But, what if A-net had a rating system for those maps?
And they would pass only the good ones?

Do you know, that you are asking A-net for testing Every single map players created? It would be thousands of them!

Hmm… what if players were testing them?

What do you mean by that?

Create new type of inastance… where players can play dungeons made by other players. After completion, they could rate dungeon. Also, no loot, gold, gems, exp can be earned in these dungeons. Of course, dungeon creator could add that loot, but none of it will be transported to ‘normal’ game world.

Players are playing dungeons for loot. Your ‘rating instace’ would be a ghost town.

If so, why developers are not building dungons with just a long corridor with a chest of loot at the end? Also, that type of rating will favor dungeons which are fun. Things such loot, gold etc. would be only an additional revard, not the reason players do that dungeons.

Ok, so what what revard would get players who made a dungeon?

Something non-physilcal (like gold, exp, items). Letter form Tyria Heroes, being mentioned somwhere in Tyria by NPC. Maybe your character taking a part of major event in Tyria (for really good ones)? Or just satisfaction, that your dungeon had the highest rating and was added to fractals.

Lazy thing (like giving gold, exp etc.) would lead to expliots, when someone just make an empty map, and ask his guild to bump it’s rating.

I don’t know, if our community can handle that.

I don’t know either.

Also – would A-net agree to give it’s tools to players? Preparing a nice system of player-made maps would take a lot of time and resources…

In the other hand – they say, that GW2 is innovative. No MMO have that thing… as i know.

Innovation is risky. I wouldn’t be surprised that after all risk taken, they would rather just sit on their pile of money and watch it grow, than throw it to other risky project.

Let’s see, what others want to say about my idea.

Ours.
—————————————————————————-
Thanks for reading.
~Hinadira
~Hinadira’s inner critic
—————————————————————————-
Sorry for errors in word or grammar. I am not native english speaker, so please correct me if i am wrong. It helps me improve my english.

(edited by Hinadira.4396)

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

A:

there have been mmos with such features more than 10 years ago ;-) and as I heard, at least one of the new ones on the horizon will have it as well.
but yeah, the whole web 2.0 idea of having the users generate the content and the company create the platform is decent, if you can get it going. for quality content it would have to allow multiple people to work together, have feedback options and so on, all in all: a gigantic task to implement for a new game, and a nearly impossible task to add to an existing game.

as for rewards – they should scale with the fastest completion time, amount of aborted runs and average completion time. new dungeons give no rewards until enough data has been gathered, at wich point everyone gets their rewards retroactively.
still abusable, but a lot less likely (and still bannable, as any exploitation).

the problem I see is how dungeons are not just an environment with some mobs put in. from the amount of time it takes for adding new dungeon content or fixing existing one, it seems dungeons are not just made with a gui editor, most mechanics seem to be hardcoded (or maybe scripted). and without being able to add interesting mechanics, I doubt player made dungeons would be much fun. maybe in terms of ‘here, fight lupi with his pet alpha while jumping over a laser beams on the ground and simultaneously avoiding the spinning lasers from the aetherblade fractal’

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it would be good.

but i want creation tools for sPvP.

Posted by: Khattnip.1908

Khattnip.1908

I’m not sure how feasible it would be, what with the potential for a very badly made fractal to really mess with your game, but I would 100% support this system! It would add unlimited new content

Such savings, very Ogden, wow!

Posted by: MINKZILLA.6023

MINKZILLA.6023

The biggest problem is quality control, this would take a lot of resources and time and new systems to be able to do it. It would be awesome though!

What I would like to see more though is SPvP creation tools. along with a kittening Capture the Flag mode!

“Every quote you hear on the internet is true.”
-Abraham Lincoln