Let's Start the Karma DR Dialogue

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Why limit it to karma? I admit I saw more than my fair share of this while farming for karma to trade for obsidian shards.

Scrap all DR.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Botters are paying customers like everyone else. Actually they’re better, they tend to buy more accounts. Explains why they wait so long to ban, they need to make sure the botters profit before banning them and repeating the cycle.

Botters are not ALWAYS paying accounts, they can be RMT accounts as well and hacked/stolen accounts. I smell conspiracy theory anytime someone says X company is letting bots play because it is money. When in fact, even if they did buy the game, they already got there 60 bucks and can ban them right away. So its a win on both sides.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

And what time need to reset DR on one character?

dennie.9237

I went for Cursed Shore today for first time on week, comleted only one event, Temple of Grenth, and receive only 378 Karma. Is it normal? Question for developers

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Don’t do the same events more than 4 times without switching to another area and doing a different event. Simply being logged off doesn’t remove event DR “always”. Try to explore different areas and you will most likely never deal with DR.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Yeah, but the question was another.
378 karma are normal for most orr events (like penitent, shelter,…).
If you want to do an event with very good karma, then do the long melandru event (defend it?? not sure).. it gives more xp, more karma and more silver.
But in average it needs more time than a 378 karma event. ^^

dennie.9237

Grenth event long too. And I explore several areas, as I say, I dont went to Cursed Shore almost a week. And then I go and receive only 378 karma for really difficult and “many dies” event. I remember that mounth ago I received 1700+ karma on same event. Don’t understand that DR system.

Posted by: vince.5937

vince.5937

Ran Melandru today. First event I’ve run in 36 hours. Got 202 karma. That can’t be right.

vince.5937 — Tarnished Coast — Les Saintes
R.I.P. City of Heroes, 2004-2012
Long Live Atlas Park 33

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

No that is not right, events in Cursed Shore give a minimum (I’ve never seen less anyway) of 378 karma for gold participation. 202 karma is roughly what my level 80 gets for completing a lvl 14-15 event in queensdale or wayfarer foothills, assuming I get the full reward of course, DR frequently reduces that reward to about 10 karma, so a roughly 95% reduction for me, and it’s never this gradual thing I hear about. One event full reward, next event 1/20th of what it should be, even if it’s a different event I’m doing for the first time in days.

I do not like being punished for playing the game, I’m not a masochist.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

No that is not right, events in Cursed Shore give a minimum (I’ve never seen less anyway) of 378 karma for gold participation. 202 karma is roughly what my level 80 gets for completing a lvl 14-15 event in queensdale or wayfarer foothills, assuming I get the full reward of course, DR frequently reduces that reward to about 10 karma, so a roughly 95% reduction for me, and it’s never this gradual thing I hear about. One event full reward, next event 1/20th of what it should be, even if it’s a different event I’m doing for the first time in days.

This is so true. We literally get punished for playing! U should overthink this anet. I’m diggin this thread out cuz ever since NOTHINg changed, it only got worse with deleting dunegon karmapots!

Posted by: soulartistrb.7509

soulartistrb.7509

This is so true. We literally get punished for playing! U should overthink this anet. I’m diggin this thread out cuz ever since NOTHINg changed, it only got worse with deleting dunegon karmapots!

Thanks for necroing this thread. I agree.

Lots of toons and so little time :D

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

1. What do you guys need so much karma for? I legitimately have nothing to do with it.

That’s pretty much me, every now and then i have to psychologically prepare myself for multiple clicks at a karma vendor to try get rid of a chunk of it.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

You obviously don’t craft legendaries then or u’d know what we’re talking about.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

You obviously don’t craft legendaries then or u’d know what we’re talking about.

You need Obi shards for Ascended too. I can do without the Ascended but I need Karma badly for my current legendary.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

I’ve crafted a legendary, blew a million karma on orrian boxes and however much it costs to get 250 obsidian shards for ascended crafting and still have about 1.5 million left. I also quit the game for seven months.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I’ve crafted a legendary, blew a million karma on orrian boxes and however much it costs to get 250 obsidian shards for ascended crafting and still have about 1.5 million left. I also quit the game for seven months.

Yes, but karma gain was nerfed, while you earned most of yours when it had been buffed. That is why people are complaining.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast