Let's talk about Dungeon Gold!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KICKER.3874

KICKER.3874

I just looked at the wiki and the new gold rewards:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon

It amazes me how out of touch with their dungeons the developers are.

Is TA spider path the same “length and difficulty” as the other 2 ?
Is SE path 2 the same “length and difficulty” as the other 2 ?
Is CoF path 3 the same “length and difficulty” as the other 2 ?

I was looking forward to doing ALL dungeons ALL paths everyday, but I`m pretty sure I won`t find decent groups for these, just like nobody was doing them before the update.

I`m not one to complain usually but this needed to be said. At least the 3 examples I gave NEED TO GIVE MAX GOLD REWARD for people to even consider doing them regularly.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

TA f/u is bugged so it’s not really about difficulty and more like it’s broken.

I agree SE path 2 should give 3G, not because it’s difficult but because it’s too long

CoF path 3 I never ran

What I think Anet should have done was announce that all dungeons would have a fixed gold reward for 2 weeks at 1.5G each. After that, they would enter a ‘alpha’ phase where they would look at the dungeon metrics and see the popular/unpopular ones and the amount of time each completed. Based on that, they would enter a ‘beta’ phase with further refinement, this time with appropriate rewards. After that, they would end up with the true gold reward.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Are you friggin’ serious? Every single CoE path is one gold!?

That’s the most hated dungeon among casual players in any game I know of. I know because I’ve been trying to get casual non-zerker groups to run it for the last 7 months, and I haven’t even been able to get half of the runs I need in that amount of time! That dungeon is that much of a nightmare for casual players.

I was hoping ANet would make it worth the time it takes so that I could actually complete the bullcrap farming they require; but apparently they instead decided to balance rewards around the full kitten zerker groups, screw the rest of us, the majority of the playerbase doesn’t matter right?

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Vol.5241

That’s the most hated dungeon among casual players in any game I know of. I know because I’ve been trying to get casual non-zerker groups to run it for the last 7 months, and I haven’t even been able to get half of the runs I need in that amount of time!

I was hoping ANet would make it worth the time it takes but apparently instead they just decided to balance rewards around the full kitten zerker groups.

CoE is an easy dungeon if you know the mechanics. You don’t need to be zerker.

If you enter as a casual group that has absolutely no clue on how/when to dodge, then you’re going to have a bad time.

That’s how it works for all dungeons. If you enter having absolutely zero clue on how bosses work, then you are going to be there for a long time.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

wow 1g across the board.

this dungeon update sucks T_T

Conncept.7638

That’s the most hated dungeon among casual players in any game I know of. I know because I’ve been trying to get casual non-zerker groups to run it for the last 7 months, and I haven’t even been able to get half of the runs I need in that amount of time!

I was hoping ANet would make it worth the time it takes but apparently instead they just decided to balance rewards around the full kitten zerker groups.

If you enter as a casual group that has absolutely no clue on how/when to dodge, then you’re going to have a bad time.

That’s how it works for all dungeons. If you enter having absolutely zero clue on how bosses work, then you are going to be there for a long time.

No, that isn’t how it works for all dungeons, in most dungeons you can bring in 2-4 new people and 1-2 experienced runners and complete any dungeon, even Arah. And after a few runs the 2-4 could run it themselves.

If a SINGLE player does not know the rigid rote of the CoE dungeon mechanics it takes an average of two hours, one… single.. player. And one run isn’t enough to learn the mechanics, but I can tell you it’s more than enough to scare them away from ever entering CoE again. Which means nobody among the casual playerbase ever learns them in the first place!

I know the mechanics well, I still can’t get people to run it, in fact it’s come to the point that my guildies (and I’m in a guild of several hundred very active casual players) avoid me around dungeon running time. The dungeon has nothing to offer those who aren’t farming CoE tokens, and this just made it even worse.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

wow 1g across the board.

this dungeon update sucks T_T

Yes, its very poor…80% of dungeon paths are 1g, 10% 1.5g and 3 paths of Arah are 3g.

Overall, when you do the math, dungeons have had a gold nerf haven’t they?

So, its actually less worthwhile doing dungeons now then before when you factor time it takes to do them and are you restricted to each path 1/day?

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I know the mechanics well, I still can’t get people to run it, in fact it’s come to the point that my guildies (and I’m in a guild of several hundred very active casual players) avoid me around dungeon running time. The dungeon has nothing to offer those who aren’t farming CoE tokens, and this just made it even worse.

Shocking thought: invest like 5 minutes to explain the mechanics to that one guy, probably like someone took the time to explain it to you at some point.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

All paths of AC are 1.5 gold while SE P2, COF P3, all of COE are 1 gold?

Granted, all the dungeons are pretty easy once you learn and master the strategy and techniques. But there are some that are notoriously harder and they are only getting 1 gold?

Arah P3 1.5 gold or AC P3 1.5 gold? I know which one is a lot easier and faster.

Dungeons were nerfed hard.

Conncept.7638

Shocking thought: invest like 5 minutes to explain the mechanics to that one guy, probably like someone took the time to explain it to you at some point.

Knowing and doing are two very different things. I’d like to see you enter a chess tournament after having the game ‘explained’ to you.

People aren’t going to run through the dungeon perfectly the first time no matter how well it is explained to them, even the first few times. It takes practice, except now, practicing is worth even less than it ever has been, and it wasn’t worth it before.

Vol.5241

No, that isn’t how it works for all dungeons, in most dungeons you can bring in 2-4 new people and 1-2 experienced runners and complete any dungeon, even Arah. And after a few runs the 2-4 could run it themselves.

If a SINGLE player does not know the rigid rote of the CoE dungeon mechanics it takes an average of two hours, one… single.. player. And one run isn’t enough to learn the mechanics, but I can tell you it’s more than enough to scare them away from ever entering CoE again. Which means nobody among the casual playerbase ever learns them in the first place!

lol Lupi is the newbie killer. Especially for casual players who are incredibly slow to react. Arah > CoE

CoE isn’t hard. Really. All you have to do is look at the aoe’s dropping, count 1 second, then tap dodge. It’s simple.

The people who fail to do it are just slow to react.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Conncept.7638

lol Lupi is the newbie killer. Especially for casual players who are incredibly slow to react. Arah > CoE

CoE isn’t hard. Really. All you have to do is look at the aoe’s dropping, count 1 second, then tap dodge. It’s simple.

And yet another hardcore player that doesn’t know what he’s talking about when it comes to the casual playerbase… Lupicus has a rote to him that can be explained and picked up in a single run, and his mechanics make one much less dependent on teammates, not to mention there are a ridiculous amount of veteran players willing to run new people, the entire CoE dungeon lacks all of that. And that’s the point, it’s not that the CoE dungeon cannot be learned, it’s that it isn’t worth the amount of time it takes when you are a casual player, and now isn’t worth the gold to a hardcore player. So now even less casual players are going to learn it.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Knowing and doing are two very different things. I’d like to see you enter a chess tournament after having the game ‘explained’ to you.

People aren’t going to run through the dungeon perfectly the first time no matter how well it is explained to them, even the first few times. It takes practice, except now, practicing is worth even less than it ever has been, and it wasn’t worth it before.

a very flawed analogy as chess is a million times more complex and unpredictable than simple pve game mechanics. And according to you, my guildies and I must be genius, as we just completed all paths there with just one guy familiar with the dungeon in a rather short time. Sure your guildies don´t avoid your dungeon groups because you view and treat them as clueless idiots not worthy of a thorough explanation?

Conncept.7638

a very flawed analogy as chess is a million times more complex and unpredictable than simple pve game mechanics. And according to you, my guildies and I must be genius, as we just completed all paths there with just one guy familiar with the dungeon in a rather short time. Sure your guildies don´t avoid your dungeon groups because you view and treat them as clueless idiots not worthy of a thorough explanation?

I made no comparison of severity. Obviously it would be worse were you to enter a chess tournament, but it still applies. And as you said, the player was already familiar with it. Most casual players I know have either (A) never run CoE or (B) Run it once and sworn it off. If he has run it even once and can be convinced to run it again, then good for him, he’s broke the cycle which affects almost every other casual player. Exceptions do not change the norm.

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I can attest to this. I ran CoE a few months ago because I liked the look of the place and wanted to run a dungeon. Boy was I in for a nightmarish shock. I chose to go for Bifrost over the Meterologicus in no small part because of how much I didn’t want to run CoE again.

I’m not even a particularly casual player. I don’t consider myself hardcore, but I have 1500 hours into this game and seven level 80s (would be 8 except I don’t like the Warrior). Farming the 500 Arah tokens for my Bifrost was easy peasy since I’d already farmed for a set of Arah armor for my Necro’s second set of exotics.

EDIT: More generally, I’m really disappointed to hear that the dungeon gold reward has become so homogeneous. If I want to make gold, it sounds like I should still just run CoF p1 and HotW p1. Nothing’s really changed. I guess I’ll get a little more gold when I finally get around to doing the Jotun path in Arah for Dungeon Master.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

Vol.5241

And yet another hardcore player that doesn’t know what he’s talking about when it comes to the casual playerbase… Lupicus has a rote to him that can be explained and picked up in a single run, and his mechanics make one much less dependent on teammates, not to mention there are a ridiculous amount of veteran players willing to run new people, the entire CoE dungeon lacks all of that. And that’s the point, it’s not that the CoE dungeon cannot be learned, it’s that it isn’t worth the amount of time it takes when you are a casual player, and now isn’t worth the gold to a hardcore player. So now even less casual players are going to learn it.

Really now? I find the opposite. Heck, Arah even has it’s own thread on the forums for experienced runs. Go look on gw2lfg and you’ll find lots of postings asking people to know what they’re doing on Lupi. Simply because a lot of players die there if you don’t know the mechanics of all three stages.

CoE? Only ‘hard’ boss is subject alpha’s. And as I said. All you really need to know is how to dodge.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I was prepared for disappointment on this the moment they announced it. Not even 3 gold sounds like a worthwhile reward for most difficult dungeon paths. CoF3, Arah4, TA-spiders (although, yeah that’s a broken path), AC2 (I’d argue this is broken as well… those guns are stupid), etc. I would have a hard time agreeing to do those paths even if they were worth 5g.

Posted by: Aphotic Vanguard.2485

Aphotic Vanguard.2485

Wow, just… wow. I did not expect the gold reward for paths to be exceptionally accurate, but to make all AC paths and p3 Arah1.5g, the other three paths of Arah 3g, and everything else 1g seems unbelievably lazy. However, I like to believe that Anet is not indolent in their structuring of these rewards, but rather incognizant of their difficulty.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Its not how hard these things are its how tedious they are to do, Reward vs Risk basically says to players don’t do them anymore.

I’ll be very surprised if most people bother to do these things anymore.

Yes dungeons needed an overhaul to stop farming, this was not the way to do it..

Xenon.4537

I’m hoping they started it off with low numbers until they can determine which paths people tend to run under the new system and increase the rewards of less popular paths accordingly. Of course, they could have gathered and used this data any time over the last 11 months.

The other thing is they need to look at why certain paths are unpopular and overhaul them accordingly. Rewards are not the issue with TA-spider path, for example.

Posted by: KICKER.3874

KICKER.3874

Its not how hard these things are its how tedious they are to do, Reward vs Risk basically says to players don’t do them anymore.

I’ll be very surprised if most people bother to do these things anymore.

Yes dungeons needed an overhaul to stop farming, this was not the way to do it..

I think is was a pretty good first (provisional maybe) change to stop farming, but INCREDIBLY POOR CHOICE of gold amounts.

I`ve always defended them against complainers but honestly I can`t believe this.

It`s like they gave the janitor a list and told him “put some gold amounts here, we need it back in 5 min to run the update”

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Came back after a 2 month hiatus found out my mystic daggers had a skin change. grumpily I decided to run CoE to get the skin I wanted.

Had my new daggers (600 tokens) in less than a week. All pugs every time never waited more than a few minutes to get a group either I used http://gw2lfg.com/

Honestly if your guild not only cannot learn CoE, but also actively avoids you because you wan to do CoE then perhaps it’s time you found another guild to Rep when it’s “dungeon running time”

Not only is CoE not impossible as you make it seem, but it was used as a farming alternative to CoF to break up the monotony for many people.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

casual players

There’s your problem.

I’m pretty sure what you define as “casual” is what I define as “terrible” players – i.e.: players who haven’t the faintest idea of the dungeon’s mechanics and are just sort of winging it (along with their builds, gear, etc) as they go.

Any dungeon will be hard like that. CoE having all paths be worth the same is ridiculous (1 is by far the easiest), but there are far harder dungeons and paths than CoE (like, for example, Arah or TA’s up, forward path).

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

All paths of AC are 1.5 gold while SE P2, COF P3, all of COE are 1 gold?

Granted, all the dungeons are pretty easy once you learn and master the strategy and techniques. But there are some that are notoriously harder and they are only getting 1 gold?

Arah P3 1.5 gold or AC P3 1.5 gold? I know which one is a lot easier and faster.

Dungeons were nerfed hard.

Thing is though. We actually get more money out of every single dungeon now as long as we do that single path, once per day.

Even if you don’t think that CoE 1-3 and CoF 1-3 should have the same reward the fact that they do and that it’s a one time gain may succeed in getting people out of CoF 1. sure you may start your farming with CoF 1 but it is more profitable now to do 2 then 3 then move on to AC, or HotW or Arah. And none of the drops were reduced in those particular instances, they just plain give out more money than before.

I can definitely see where the devs were going with this.

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Someone help me out here on this TA hard path?

Ran it the other day and we skipped all trash mobs except the spiders and the 2 mobs outside nightmare trees place. Not really sure what’s hard about?

Btw the run might of took us 12 mins tops…

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

First off.. that is very untrue. I have run CoE in much shorter times with that, with me being the only person who knows the dungeon. To add to that, I only know the dungeon from a handful of runs.

Secondly… CoE is the most fun dungeon in this game by a long shot (imo). I wonder why it is the most hated?

Vol.5241

Someone help me out here on this TA hard path?

Ran it the other day and we skipped all trash mobs except the spiders and the 2 mobs outside nightmare trees place. Not really sure what’s hard about?

Btw the run might of took us 12 mins tops…

forward up. It’s the path where the last boss spawns countless spiders. It’s not supposed to spawn that many.

People have utilized different strategies to beat it, but it’s very, very kitten

e such strat is to have two players with 1500 range (rangers) dps the boss down from max range while the other 3 members defend those two as spiders spawn.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Btw I would also like to state a very famous saying that I think would be fitting for boss mechanics and competency of “causal players”.

“Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me! Fool me three times, blame Anet!”

Sound familiar?

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

I officially stop Doing dungeons except FOTM for some daily. They wanted people to not do dungeons whit the “no so fun” mechanic of 1 hit kill, now people will really refrain to do dungeons because the ninja nerf token and now the gold drop. Anet is succeeding they goal about they dont want people to “farm”.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

It wasnt a ninja nerf. They announced it over and over.
And there are good reasons for them tweaking the rewards. Although, 1 gold for nearly every path so far? Kind of lazy if you ask me.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Mad Rasputin.7809

And there are good reasons for them tweaking the rewards. Although, 1 gold for nearly every path so far? Kind of lazy if you ask me.

Where have they ever said they were going to change the rewards for ALTs? They only said the new daily gold bonus was going to be account bound and once daily.

No where have they ever said that running the same path with a different toon would yield you less tokens. I have not even seen this implied anywhere.

kishter.9578

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-6th-2013
\
\
\
\
All bosses no longer directly drop gold.
All explorable dungeon paths now give out 1 to 3 gold based on the path. This is an account-based daily reward.
All story dungeons now give out 50 silver upon completion. This is an account-based daily reward.
Ascalonian Catacombs—Hodgins’s Plan: Kendrick’s Sarcophagus will not be interactable until “Search the secret room for the scepter” is active.
Ascalonian Catacombs—Hodgins’s Plan: “Defend Hodgins by destroying graveling burrows” will not activate until “Slay the spider queen” has been completed.
Ascalonian Catacombs—Hodgins’s Plan: “Find the scepter pieces” will not be active until “Join Hodgins in finding the first scepter” has been completed.
Ascalonian Catacombs—Detha’s Plan: “Defend Detha from gravelings” will not activate until “Slay the spider queen” has been completed.
Ascalonian Catacombs—Tzark’s Plan: “Defend the essence collectors” will not activate until “Slay the spider queen” has been completed.
Caudecus’s Manor—I’ll look for the Seraph: Mad Martha will not become hostile until “Overwhelm the bandit defenses” is activated.
Caudecus’s Manor—I’ll look for the Seraph: “Search for the captured sergeant” will not activate until “Place powder kegs near the blocked gate” has been completed.
Caudecus’s Manor—I’ll help you find the missing butler: “Search for the missing servants” will not activate until “Destroy the bandit turrets” has been completed.
Citadel of Flame—Ferrah: “Breach the Sanguine Vault” will not activate until “Find a way into the Enkindling Chamber” has been completed.
Citadel of Flame—Magg: “Find a way into the ritual chamber” will not activate until “Travel to the ritual chamber” has been completed.
Honor of the Waves—The butcher: “Defeat the Ice Dragon minion to continue” will not activate until the doorway leading to its location has been opened.
Honor of the Waves—The plunderer: “Defeat the corrupted Son of Svanir” will not activate until “Stop the Svanir vandals” has been completed.
Honor of the Waves—The zealot: Icebrood Goliath and guards will not be attackable until the doorway leading to their location has been opened.
Honor of the Waves—The zealot: “Defeat Sorge’s disciple, Svánigandr” will not activate until the door leading to its location has been opened.
Crucible of Eternity—All paths: Mark T-B34RC3 will not be attackable until “Shut down the advanced golem” is activated.
Crucible of Eternity—Teleporter: “Defeat the Evolved Husk” will only activate after “Kill Subject Alpha” has been completed and the “Teleporter” path has been selected.
Crucible of Eternity—Front door: “Defeat the laboratory specimen” will only activate after “Kill Subject Alpha” has been completed and the “Front Door” path has been selected.

\
\
\
\

No line mention that, Tokens are now are earned by account and no per characters and only 60% of the tokens are now daily.

Every day GW2 is destroying the desire of gamers to play ALTS
-laurels is 1 per day>per account But ascended items are character bound.
-Dungeons are now account base, no characters base. So the rest of my 7 alts just are useless for dungeons paths.

The only thing here is character account is FOTM and is just because we haven’t find a way to “enjoy” fractal, because the moment we FIND a ways to skip, farm or even have fun there, "A new Build is available you game will be reset in 1 minute*

(edited by kishter.9578)

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

So 25 total explorable paths across all 8 dungeons and 18 of them are ‘equal’ with the absolute minimum ‘bonus’ gold.

Caudecus’s Manor, Twilight Arbor, Sorrow’s Embrace, Citadel of Flame, Honor of the Waves, and Crucible of Eternity are all the same. A few of the aforementioned dungeons have individual paths that vary wildly let alone across all 18 paths of 6 dungeons.

Couple that with the 50 silver extra you get for running Ascalonian Catacombs and 21 of the 25 paths reward 1.5g or less. Gold you can only get once per day.

Not a single path was worth 1.75, 2, 2.25, 2.5, 2.75 gold at all? Really?

I don’t know why I’m surprised…

I’ll just settle in with my total lack of faith that anything good will ever happen to dungeon paths.

Disappointed again…

(edited by XarOneZeroNine.2374)

cesmode.4257

Where have they ever said they were going to change the rewards for ALTs? They only said the new daily gold bonus was going to be account bound and once daily.

No where have they ever said that running the same path with a different toon would yield you less tokens. I have not even seen this implied anywhere.

Yes, account bound.

Read your own words If you have another character on the same account, that falls within the realm of account bound.

Mad Rasputin.7809

Still no mention of reducing the current token rewards. This is the unadvertised nerf.

The daily gold bonus has always been advertised as account bound. This is known.

To encourage players to participate in a wider array of dungeon content, we’ve designed the system so if you complete the same dungeon path twice in one day, you’ll receive the normal reward for completion, but won’t receive the bonus gold reward again during that day.

cesmode.4257

I stand corrected, you are right.

<pulls out his pitch fork>.. ’RENANET, WTF

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Isn’t champion loot in dungeons too. Maybe to many of you are doing speed runs still?

Xenon.4537

Isn’t champion loot in dungeons too. Maybe to many of you are doing speed runs still?

The new champ loot system helps, but that doesn’t change the fact that the majority of the end rewards do not reflect the length and difficulty of the paths as Anet said they would.

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

if any of the paths rewarded 1g53s48c, i would actually believe they put an effort into this.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

You know what I think Anet do?

I think over the entire game they have a fixed limit of rewards they want players to be able to achieve, this is to protect the games economy which in turn protects gem sales…

So what they do every so often is mix up the rewards, so it seems the game is more rewarding but what they actually do is nerf rewards somewhere else to pay for better rewards elsewhere…

So this latest patch gives better rewards for champions for example but its dungeon runners who pay for it…and so on…

I don’t think its a accident that Anet have a economist on the payroll whose job it is to manage the economy…

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I agree SE path 2 should give 3G, not because it’s difficult but because it’s too long

CoF path 3 I never ran

What I think Anet should have done was announce that all dungeons would have a fixed gold reward for 2 weeks at 1.5G each. After that, they would enter a ‘alpha’ phase where they would look at the dungeon metrics and see the popular/unpopular ones and the amount of time each completed. Based on that, they would enter a ‘beta’ phase with further refinement, this time with appropriate rewards. After that, they would end up with the true gold reward.

I so need TA f/u, but, with the infinite spawning spiders at end boss and 10 fails(all using repair canisters) before we called it quits I can see I may never get this path working on my dungeon completion achievement.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

You know what I think Anet do?

I think over the entire game they have a fixed limit of rewards they want players to be able to achieve, this is to protect the games economy which in turn protects gem sales…

So what they do every so often is mix up the rewards, so it seems the game is more rewarding but what they actually do is nerf rewards somewhere else to pay for better rewards elsewhere…

So this latest patch gives better rewards for champions for example but its dungeon runners who pay for it…and so on…

I don’t think its a accident that Anet have a economist on the payroll whose job it is to manage the economy…

Very probably true, though inflation is just bad for the game in general, regardless of whether gems were a thing or not.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: azureai.9764

azureai.9764

Which the devs would know if they bothered to ever go into the Dungeons forums. There’s like twelve threads about the final boss of the Forward-Up path being broken.

Then again, this is the same team that’s let the Simin 3-second stealth bug linger in Arah since the game was first published. Clearly, ANet would prefer we stop running dungeons altogether, given the amount of care they’ve put into them lately.

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

I so need TA f/u, but, with the infinite spawning spiders at end boss and 10 fails(all using repair canisters) before we called it quits I can see I may never get this path working on my dungeon completion achievement.

The problem with that boss currently is that you can’t repeat it. If you get it right the first time it’s ok, if you don’t, forget about it, it’s nearly impossible.

cesmode.4257

The problem with that boss currently is that you can’t repeat it. If you get it right the first time it’s ok, if you don’t, forget about it, it’s nearly impossible.

Same thing is true with the first boss..well I mean you can complete it after a whipe, its just stupid. The smaller worms dont despawn. so youre going to start with the entire floor covered with red circles until you can down a few.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Keep in mind that they may be doing some data gathering with this initial implementation. Based on metrics, these values will likely be adjusted over time.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

kishter.9578

I stand corrected, you are right.

<pulls out his pitch fork>.. ’RENANET, WTF

And that’s my friend is what difference us from animals. Humility, honor and pardon. Well done to admit.

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

It’s blatantly obvious here that Anet put in no thought or effort. Originally the idea sounded great. I figured that CoF p1 and p2 would get 1g while p3 would maybe give 2g.

Then I figured that CoE p1 would be maybe 2g with p2 and p3 at 3g.

But…1g all the way across? How in the world could you even come up with that figure? CoF p1 can be done in what? 8 minutes for a decent pug? Maybe 15 minutes max if you suck?

How long does even path 1 of CoE take? 20 minutes bare minimum if your group is amazing?(guessing here, it’s been awhile). Now how about CoE p2 and p3? They take a REALLY long time. And if you have even one poor group member? They can easily take well over an hour.

So with CoE taking anywhere from 2 to 10 times longer than CoF p1…how the heck do you end up giving the same rewards? Nobody wants to run CoE as it is. Giving the same rewards as the super easy dungeons is not going to help. It’s actually going to make the problem worse now(especially after the ninja nerfs to dungeon tokens).

Posted by: Ditrah.5128

Ditrah.5128

They really dropped the ball on this-one and I hope they make up for it soon.
At least try to take some feedback (its been on the forum for months) and scale the value more between paths.
If you don’t have all the data (feedback / testing) that you need: then pleas, pretty pretty pleas, do NOT implement it live! Give us some details and ask before, not after it goes live.

There has to be some middle ground on the scale.
Even if Arah path 3 should not be 3 gold, why not make it 2 gold? It still does have Lupi in it and that is not on the same lvl as a speedy AC path.
In the post they spoke of length but that’s not represented here at all.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

where are people getting 3g for arahs p3 from?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon

p3 is 1.5g