Let's talk about Triforge

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rantaine.4759

Rantaine.4759

Good morning Anet. When I started playing this game a few years ago, I had no idea about optimal gameplay or metabuilds, I just wanted to go after treasure. And as a Zelda fan, one of the first I invested my efforts was the shinny amulet, Triforge Pendant. It may not look expensive in this day, but back there it took a small fortune and a lot of farm.

Ah, I’ll cut out the drama. This little thing is treasured by the earlier community and it’s part of this game history. Give us a recipe to reset/change its stats so we can actually use it? Could be a recipe using the actual ascended amulet which stats you want, that’s pretty fair, right? I would pay even 2 ascended amulets to change my Triforge stats! kitten , I would pay a lot more! Save me, Anet heroes!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I do use it. I gave it to my elementalist when she got to level 80, because she uses celestial stats. Before that I was using it on my ranger because I could afford to sacrifice optimal stats in one slot for a cool item.

It would be nice to be able to change its stats, but I think its inaccurate to say we can’t use it now. It’s as useful as any other ascended item with fixed stats.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Derdhal.6908

Derdhal.6908

It’s as useful as any other ascended item with fixed stats.

I think this is the problem: it’s just as useful as (almost) any other ascended item with fixed stats: rubbish. This game has a lot of not advisable stat combination. Of course you can use those items, but your character will be worse.

Rantaine.4759

It’s as useful as any other ascended item with fixed stats.

I think this is the problem: it’s just as useful as (almost) any other ascended item with fixed stats: rubbish. This game has a lot of not advisable stat combination. Of course you can use those items, but your character will be worse.

Exactly. I runned with a celestial guardian for 2 years. Then I started to get my alts on full ascended meta gear, and once I realized the brutal difference, I gave up on using it. But I still keep the amulet ofc, and I CANT GET OVER THE FACT THAT THE MOST SHINY AMULET IS CRAP COMPARED TO THE OTHERS. HELP US ANET!!!

(edited by Rantaine.4759)

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

This item has a special name, special forging mechanics, and a special inventory icon. Other than that, it’s not better than any other ordinary amulet that can be bought for 30 Laurels (or other trivial amount of currency) from a vendor.

If worn, it doesn’t have any visualization. You can wear this 400-gold thing just like a 400 Karma accessory, it’s just the same visualization: none.

I can only imagine that there were completely other plans at game release for amulets/accessories, and this is a leftover from that plans. The only shiny thing on that item is the inventory icon that absolutely nobody will ever see.

Rantaine.4759

Saying that it’s shiny is just a way to state that it is precious to me. Old gaming tributes are one of the most valuable aspects of gw2 imo, and I’m not concerned about others not seeing my amulet. It’s about me and my character, not the others.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Exactly. I runned with a celestial guardian for 2 years. Then I started to get my alts on full ascended meta gear, and once I realized the brutal difference, I gave up on using it. But I still keep the amulet ofc, and I CANT GET OVER THE FACT THAT THE MOST SHINY AMULET IS CRAP COMPARED TO THE OTHERS. HELP US ANET!!!

I wonder if there really is an “us” here, you seem to think that other people feel the same way you do but I’ve never seen anyone else care about this.

It’s absolutely no different to any other amulet. . If it means so much to you and you don’t currently have a working celestial build then keep it in your bank for the future but I really can’t see them giving this amulet any special consideration just because you spent gold on it.

Hey, at least Celestial stats are more useful than most of the stat combinations in game.

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

It costs a ton more to get then any other amulet in the game. The other amulets don’t even come close. I don’t have it, but they should allow it to stat swap since the bloodstone ascended are essentially pseudo legendaries. No one’s being hurt, by what they can’t see.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

… if price tag is sufficient justification for stat swapping then there are a bunch of weapons that deserve it as well.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, they named the Amulet after the Studio. Of course, the Studio might have been a nod to Zelda, back in the day. Whatever, it didn’t last long.

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

… if price tag is sufficient justification for stat swapping then there are a bunch of weapons that deserve it as well.

The difference being that the Triforged Pendant is an ascended item. So don’t jump that to mean everything expensive should be able to stat swap. I just agree that it’s fair since the bloodstone amulet can do it, and the op wouldn’t mind a recipe that costs something to do it.