Let's talk laurels.

Let's talk laurels.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Now I know I’m late to the party on this, but I suppose one of the changes I didn’t realise in the mid-December update was the new and only means of acquiring laurels. According to the guild wars 2 wiki there is only one substantial means of acquiring laurels.. Through login rewards..

While it’s true that a player logging in every day can potentially earn more laurels than in the past, I’m sure there are many players who can only login to play half the month, and miss the idea of putting in the work to complete a monthly (and being rewarded as such). In contrast the current daily login reward system enforces a wait between laurel batches that is spread apart quite a bit, rather than a steady mediated pace like in the past.

Am I the only one who thinks a player should be able to earn an extra laurel or two for putting in the effort and completing their dailies?

Let's talk laurels.

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

You already can. Dailies give AP. Every 500 AP you get 1 laurel. Sometimes 2.

The current rate of laurel supply is already greater than it was. If completing 5 dailies gave one laurel per day (thereby doubling supply), it would cause the prices of t6s to crash.

Let's talk laurels.

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

You already can. Dailies give AP. Every 500 AP you get 1 laurel. Sometimes 2.

The current rate of laurel supply is already greater than it was. If completing 5 dailies gave one laurel per day (thereby doubling supply), it would cause the prices of t6s to crash.

The only “substantial” means is through log in rewards. Gaining 1 to 2 laurels on a one time basis per account for every 500 achievement points is hardly going to be a regular occurrence.

And you’re right about the t6 price crash. Perhaps a better system would simply be having “daily completionist” award one laurel in addition to the 10 AP. Even more so since “daily completionist” rewards nothing if the player reaches the 10,000 AP cap.

Let's talk laurels.

Posted by: Vert.5041

Vert.5041

It’s in Anet’s interest to make the laurels as easy as possible to get. Because it such an important currency and so easy to get it keeps players logging in even after they’ve quit the game just in case they want to come back someday.

Anyway the daily system was just changed and there are no glaring faults with it so I doubt you’ll see any changes for a while.

Let's talk laurels.

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

It’s also in their interests to limit supply, otherwise if it was very easy to get ascended gear, the timegating effect would not be able to keep players locked into playing.

Let's talk laurels.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Actually a player logging in every day isn’t likely to earn more laurels than a player before.

If you log in every 2 weeks and get your daily reward, you’ll at the end of the same number of days of you logging in, you’ll end up with more laurels than you did. You could only get one a day the other way. So if you logged in every 2 weeks, you’d only get 2 per month that way.

The new way you might not get them every time you log in, but over time (a long time if you log in every two weeks), you’d get more this way.

That said, if someone hardly ever plays, I don’t really know why they’d need laurels so badly.

Let's talk laurels.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

You use to get laurels from doing 5 dailies. Now you get them by logging in. The amount is a bit back end loaded but if you take laurels as your 28th bonus chest you end up with more that than previous system.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes