Let us buy any amount of gems

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

Anet, please let us buy any amount of gems for a fixed price! When some items cost only 150 gems, that may be all we want. Why would we want to be shoehorned into buying 800 gems when all we need is 150 gems. Why should we have to farm the gold necessary to convert to 150 gems if we could just buy 150 gems?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Why would we want to be shoehorned into buying 800 gems when all we need is 150 gems.

Anet makes more money that way. It’s a business tactic.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

While it’s a sensible business tactic, it’s not a consumer-friendly one.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

It’s not, but a free to play game in of itself is. I’m not saying I disagree with the OP, but as you aren’t forced to buy gems, they have every right to have gem amounts set in stone.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

They do let you purchase any amount of gems you want.
It’s called Gold to Gems.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It’s not, but a free to play game in of itself is. I’m not saying I disagree with the OP, but as you aren’t forced to buy gems, they have every right to have gem amounts set in stone.

Er, yeah, obviously they have that right. It’s still not consumer-friendly. There’s a major difference between “consumer-friendly” and “unethical.”

Whether it’s better to offer gems in set-your-amount purchases or fixed blocks, from a business perspective, is a business question. But it’s hard to argue that from a consumer experience perspective, more buying options wouldn’t make a better experience. That’s all I’m saying. \o/

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

If you need less than 800 buy it for gold,150 is like 12 gold :=)

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

Guild Wars 2 is not a free to play game. It is Buy To Play. There is a difference. $60 is not the same kitten

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

It’s all about real world transaction fees, they need to sell it in 10$ chunks so they can make 7$ If all you need is 150 gems, the profit from that sale is eaten by the credit card transaction fee.

I just wish that the gold→gem had a box that I could enter how many gems I wanted instead of how much gold I was willing to spend cause sometimes I only need 800 gems and since the price sometimes changes on a second by second basis, I still just need 800 gems. I don’t want to have to fiddle with gold, silver, copper just to get 800 gems.

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Guild Wars 2 is not a free to play game. It is Buy To Play. There is a difference. $60 is not the same kitten

Fact of the matter is that you, and I can assume most others, knew what I meant, so I don’t see what this has to do with my post, I’m sorry.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Two things. First, you have to believe you would never buy anything else every again from the gem store with the remaining gems. Second if you honestly believe you will never buy anything else from the gem store ever again you can convert the remainder to gold.

It’s not like Gems are going to go bad if unused. It’s not milk.

Also few MMOs that have a fiat currency sells in arbitrary, user settable amounts. Smallest I’ve found researching this was $5 Vs $10 in this game. And since the cost is flat it’s not like you are spending more real money per gem with a $10 order Vs kitten or $100 order.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes