Let us choose a home city

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Salgard.3462

Salgard.3462

Lion’s Arch takes too much time to load, stresses me and my pc, sometimes I just wanna switch characters real quick to go back to wvw and I have to go through Lion’s Arch loading screen which takes too long, it’s getting annoying. Come on many games let you choose your home city.

Is this feature already exists please let me know.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

?
So park your characters in a quiet zone?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Lion’s Arch isn’t anybody’s home city, technically (can be if you RP though) – so as Justine says, park your character in a different city. You can access WvW from anywhere you want, so long as you’re not in combat.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You don’t even have to be in a city. Park your chars in the PvP lobby or on a map somewhere if you want.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yeah pick a quiet map with not much going on on it. Like Snowden drifts. Plains of Ashford

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

What everyone’s saying is you can enter wvw from any place and when you exit it (by logging out our clicking the exit button) you go right back to that same place. You don’t need to go through the asura gates.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe the OP doesn’t realize that you can get to WvW through the UI?

It’s the castle symbol on the upper left of your UI. Clicking on that pulls up the WvW panel and allows you to go to WvW no matter where you are. Even if you’ve parked your chars on some out of the way isolated map.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

well since we still have not established it…

hit “b” key, by default, for the wvw panel.

Do note, there is a bug with your character sometimes not “remembering” where they last were when leaving wvw or spvp (by leaving it through the panel or logging out). I think it has something to do with Home Portal Stone / Hall of Monuments Stone. When you add a third/fourth location to the mix, it seems to “forget” and it will default place you into a valid openworld pve location, aka Lions Arch.