Let us wear outfits + regular helms! :3

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

This was possible in guild wars, and it allowed us to still keep some customisability whilst wearing an outfit overlay. I know I’m not the only one who would buy a lot more outfits if I knew my character could still wear his glasses, tophats, etc.

That new Count outfit would look fantastic with a monocle, you know?

Please? Q.Q <3

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

a minor change, not really necessary, but I agree, it should be the same as GW1 with the 2 slots, being able to hide either or

Normal armor + outfit helm
Outfit + normal helm
Full outfit
Full armor

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

For me, I wish my Human Necro glowing eye’s would work. Would look SO much better.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Sylv.5324

a minor change, not really necessary, but I agree, it should be the same as GW1 with the 2 slots, being able to hide either or

Normal armor + outfit helm
Outfit + normal helm
Full outfit
Full armor

It would be a really nice quality of life improvement, and they have coded that for GW1 in the past, yeah.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’d like to see Anet change the way we obtain outfits so it works like this:

You can unlock the whole outfit and wear the whole outfit anytime on any character for free (as it is now), but also unlock each individual skin (helm/shoulders/chest/gloves/legs/boots) so you can mix-n-match with other skins to truly customise your look.

It would be a win-win for everyone. Anet gives us the additional option to mix-n-match with individual skins of an outfit (which also makes us use more transmutation crystals), while still keeping the option to wear the entire outfit for free (as it is now).

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Sylv.5324

The problem is that each armor class has different waist seams. You could only mix and match some shoulders/arms/legs.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

At least they could separate the head (which actually already is separated, you just can’t use a normal head skin with an outfit or the other way around). They could have four separate parts that could be individually hidden (and dyed!) – head, body, arms and feet. I understand why the chest and leg parts can’t be separated, the outfits were made specifically to get around waist seam clipping, but for the other parts, I don’t see why not.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Sylv.5324

You can use a normal head skin with an outfit in gw1, so I assume they can code the same setup.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I have a male charr elementalist, using the fire “third eye” head piece.

When I go to the outfit screen, and select an outfit for him that doesn’t have anything for the head (Ancestral, Noble), it still shows him wearing that third eye. Sadly, it doesn’t carry over into the game or if I change to an outfit with headgear.

Still, it shows that it could work, right?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

I’d like to see Anet change the way we obtain outfits so it works like this:

You can unlock the whole outfit and wear the whole outfit anytime on any character for free (as it is now), but also unlock each individual skin (helm/shoulders/chest/gloves/legs/boots) so you can mix-n-match with other skins to truly customise your look.

It would be a win-win for everyone. Anet gives us the additional option to mix-n-match with individual skins of an outfit (which also makes us use more transmutation crystals), while still keeping the option to wear the entire outfit for free (as it is now).

This… times a million.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I just wish they’d let me trade my gold for the amount of gems that I want to buy so that I can get the noble outfit without wasting an excessive amount of extra money for no reason.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I just wish they’d let me trade my gold for the amount of gems that I want to buy so that I can get the noble outfit without wasting an excessive amount of extra money for no reason.

They are changing it back.

Posted by: Ragnarok.8061

Ragnarok.8061

Yeah I’d really like to be able to swap skins from an outfit that I purchased for individual armor pieces without having to spend a transmutation. I won’t hold my breath though because something tells me that this model works economically for Anet.

Sylv.5324

It might not be feasible because armor seams (in regards to individual bits of an outfit), but changing head slots to work like back slots should not be too much of a pain— as said, GW1 did it, and since you can wear backpieces with outfits the code infrastructure is still there.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Seems to be the simplest way to do it would be to make a separate toggle in the Outfit panel for turning off an Outfit’s headpiece specifically (allowing you to free up that slot for a Wardrobe headpiece).

Currently, the Outfit head toggle goes off of the Equipment/Wardrobe head toggle. Which makes me think the added functionality would be relatively easy to do, as the function of hiding an Outfit headpiece is already there.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

I just purchase the Noble Outfit because it’s a beautiful dress. Sadly I had to give up my spectacles to wear it. I agree with the posters who say by just letting us customize the helmet we could retain some uniqueness. That’s a pretty fair compromise versus allowing the full outfit to be mixed and matched.

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Signed for wanting this as well

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

Signed too, need my glasses on bloody outfit asura
We already can hide the helmet from outfit so overwrite it with the armor skin would be great.

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

Posted by: Javi.4359

Javi.4359

Oh yes, please yes! I haven’t been playing recently and this would literally give me the kick in the kitten that I need to get back into the game. (Yes I am that vain leave me alone)

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

This^. AND it would be great if (since outfits are now one item) you could turn off certain pieces of the outfit and let your regular armor show. But you would really make more money if items were individual pieces that we could mix and match…

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol