Lets get some more run speed already

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Darkrayne.5614

Darkrayne.5614

Seriously, once you’re max level with 100% world completion, it’s time to get around faster.

The pace of the game is horribly slow and redundant unless you give in to the ‘forced’ specializations that help increase movement speed (which still doesn’t let you move fast enough). Plus, chugging boosters and stuff shouldn’t be something you need to do to be able to get around at an acceptable pace.

Mounts or just a permanent ‘out of combat’ run speed masteries need to be added before I fall asleep. Make it an account wide unlock but you need to have 100% map completion before you can get it, I get that people shouldn’t be able to blaze through the game straight away.

(edited by Darkrayne.5614)

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

yes i agreed..gw2 is the best mmo today. the lack of mount is sad

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

No thank you. The game already can’t handle busy maps with everyone’s minis and hides them for that reason. Just imagine the extra strain everyone riding around on mounts might cause. Not to mention I would not care for all the extra screen clutter of mounts, but that’s my opinion.

The Burninator

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

it’s time to get around faster.

Way points
Super speed
Gliding
Nuhoch Wallows
Thermal Propulsion
Riding Broom
Magic Carpet

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhnoooooooooooo

Darkrayne.5614

it’s time to get around faster.

Way points
Super speed
Gliding
Nuhoch Wallows
Thermal Propulsion
Riding Broom
Magic Carpet

I mean without having to mess about doing redundant things like running up to a high point to get a boost, constantly casting buffs that literally last a few seconds, things that only apply to HoT zones and mounts that don’t increase movement speed don’t really help.

All games have waypoint systems. Not the same thing.

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

Bugattis and Ferraris

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

All games have waypoint systems. Not the same thing.

Great argument. Very convincing.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

…to be able to get around at an acceptable pace.

That right there is the problem. Acceptable is a subjective and dynamic term. I feel like I move far too slowly travelling from the MF to the crafting area with my 33% movement buff. It’s a feeling of not being there yet. Increasing the “standard” speed won’t ever get rid of that feeling.

Mounts won’t solve the problem. They’ll just move the goalposts.

G R E E N E R

Darkrayne.5614

That right there is the problem. Acceptable is a subjective and dynamic term. I feel like I move far too slowly travelling from the MF to the crafting area with my 33% movement buff. It’s a feeling of not being there yet. Increasing the “standard” speed won’t ever get rid of that feeling.

That’s an overly philosophical reply and it doesn’t really relate to this tbh. You’re saying that if I start getting somewhere twice as fast then I’d start to want to get there twice as fast again? No, I’m not trying to leet my way through the grind with super speed and constantly keep getting faster. I just don’t want to go so slow that I’m bored and right now it is too slow, it always has been. It really is that simple. In comparison to most other zoned or open world games, it feels sluggish and is less fun. There is no negative impact for increasing usability . If they don’t want people to waypoint back to events quickly after dying they could put a debuff on you after dying that disables the extra speed for a bit. It could be sorted without any problems, there’s not really any excuses.

CMM.6712

That’s an overly philosophical reply and it doesn’t really relate to this tbh. You’re saying that if I start getting somewhere twice as fast then I’d start to want to get there twice as fast again? No, I’m not trying to leet my way through the grind with super speed and constantly keep getting faster. I just don’t want to go so slow that I’m bored and right not it is too slow. It really is that simple. In comparison to most other zoned or open world games, it feels sluggish and is less fun.

Would you by any chance be playing a Norn?

Darkrayne.5614

That’s an overly philosophical reply and it doesn’t really relate to this tbh. You’re saying that if I start getting somewhere twice as fast then I’d start to want to get there twice as fast again? No, I’m not trying to leet my way through the grind with super speed and constantly keep getting faster. I just don’t want to go so slow that I’m bored and right not it is too slow. It really is that simple. In comparison to most other zoned or open world games, it feels sluggish and is less fun.

No, I’m playing Charr and Human most of the time. I know the animations for the larger races make it feel even slower but overall that’s not where the problem is.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Seriously, once you’re max level with 100% world completion, it’s time to get around faster.

The pace of the game is horribly slow and redundant unless you give in to the ‘forced’ specializations that help increase movement speed (which still doesn’t let you move fast enough). Plus, chugging boosters and stuff shouldn’t be something you need to do to be able to get around at an acceptable pace.

Mounts or just permanent out of combat speed masteries need to be added before I fall asleep. Make it an account wide unlock but you need to have 100% map completion before you can get it, I get that people shouldn’t be able to blaze through the game straight away.

I know, I know.. they said no mounts. They also said no raids….

Hell, mount skins will sell like hotcakes, don’t you want to make some money ANet?

I will always be amazed how willing people are to avoid playing the game. Your complaint makes little sense. You get around faster multiple ways, without needing mounts. Not sure if this occurred to you but not having mounts isn’t because Anet going “Oops, we forgot them”. It’s a intended game design decision.

CMM.6712

No, I’m playing Charr and Human most of the time. I know the animations for the larger races make it feel even slower but overall that’s not where the problem is.

Fair enough. Well maybe make a tiny Asura when you are feeling sluggish!

Darkrayne.5614

Mounts or just permanent out of combat speed masteries need to be added before I fall asleep. Make it an account wide unlock but you need to have 100% map completion before you can get it, I get that people shouldn’t be able to blaze through the game straight away.

Hell, mount skins will sell like hotcakes, don’t you want to make some money ANet?

I will always be amazed how willing people are to avoid playing the game. Your complaint makes little sense. You get around faster multiple ways, without needing mounts. Not sure if this occurred to you but not having mounts isn’t because Anet going “Oops, we forgot them”. It’s a intended game design decision.

Mate, if you think taking 40 seconds to run to an iron node instead of 20 has somehow enriched your gaming experience and proves you’re a better player then I envy your passion.

Greener.6204

Not quite what I’m saying, and not philosophical, more psychological.

Let’s say a player has a tolerance of running for 20 seconds before they start feeling bored and asking, “Why am I not there yet?” That means they have a 20-seconds-of-travelling radius around them. Things which are within that radius are fine to get to. Things which are beyond that distance are frustrating to get to.

Speeding up the player increases the size of the 20-seconds-of-travelling radius, but it won’t remove it. There will always be places the player wants to get to which will frustrate them, unless Anet adds instant travelling options…. Oh, wait.

G R E E N E R

(edited by Greener.6204)

Darkrayne.5614

Let’s say a player has a tolerance of running for 20 seconds before they start feeling bored and asking, “Why am I not there yet?” That means they have a 20-seconds-of-travelling radius around them. Things which are within that radius are fine to get to. Things which are beyond that distance are frustrating to get to.

Speeding up the player increases the distance of the 20-seconds-of-travelling radius, but it won’t remove it. There will always be places the player wants to get to which will frustrate them, unless Anet adds instant travelling options…. Oh, wait.

That’s not how we work though is it? We base the time on how far we have to go and what we are trying to do. It’s not a set amount for every situation. But you’re just getting off topic and starting a weird discussion.

The waypoints have nothing to do with run speed feeling and being slow. I have no idea why people think that is a trump card to play here. Waypoints are placed in areas that are central to the activities and other areas around them. They do not get you everywhere you need to go, not even close. They also get contested so you can’t always use them making you run to the area, which is a nice part of events… don’t get me wrong… but I’d like that run to be quicker.

I just want to have fun guys.. not run. I’d rather combat and events take longer and the time between them is shortened by running faster.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Almost all my character have some kind of speed boost that needs no maintenance whatsoever. I think only my Guardian does not.

Regardless, it sounds like you aren’t really asking for mounts, but just to have the base running speed increased. If so, you might consider abandoning this thread, and placing a post in the Stickied thread, ‘QoL Suggestions’. Mount threads never fare well.

Good luck.

Obtena.7952

Mate, if you think taking 40 seconds to run to an iron node instead of 20 has somehow enriched your gaming experience and proves you’re a better player then I envy your passion.

I adore your assumption that Anet would implement mounts in a way that would do that. Frankly, mounts implemented for that kind of use would be rather nonsensical and a waste of Anets time …. why would they even bother doing mounts for such a thing when they can just increase run speed?

Let’s not beat around the bush here … it’s unrealistic to think mounts would be implemented as a solution for saving seconds of travel time between nodes, events, etc … on a map.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Greener.6204

Speeding up the player increases the distance of the 20-seconds-of-travelling radius, but it won’t remove it. There will always be places the player wants to get to which will frustrate them, unless Anet adds instant travelling options…. Oh, wait.

That’s not how we work though is it? We base the time on how far we have to go and what we are trying to do. It’s not a set amount for every situation.

I just want to have fun guys.. not run. I’d rather combat and events take longer and the time between them is shortened by running faster.

Which is why I prefaced my comment with “subjective and dynamic”. Your tolerance for acceptability is yours, and depends on what you’re doing. There will always be some distance which will make you frustrated, no matter the speed you travel at.

G R E E N E R

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

That’s not how we work though is it? We base the time on how far we have to go and what we are trying to do. It’s not a set amount for every situation. But you’re just getting off topic and starting a weird discussion.

The waypoints have nothing to do with run speed feeling and being slow. I have no idea why people think that is a trump card to play here. Waypoints are placed in areas that are central to the activities and other areas around them. They do not get you everywhere you need to go, not even close. They also get contested so you can’t always use them making you run to the area, which is a nice part of events… don’t get me wrong… but I’d like that run to be quicker.

Ah, but it does. Fast and slow are comparative terms. You can’t have something be fast if there’s nothing that’s slow.

Mounts would start off at X speed. Where X speed is faster than non-mounted speed (we’ll assume everyone is given a standard model mount for free – the skins are what cost gold, gems and/or time).

For a time players remember that non-mounted running speed is fast. But after a while, X speed starts to feel slow. So players ask for speed traits and sigils and runs to affect mount speed. ANet obliges because it puts more opportunity cost into builds.

Then after a while, players start to complain that they shouldn’t have to trait for faster mounts and Y speed (X speed + sigil/rune/trait/item boost) should be the new normal speed.

It wouldn’t happen quickly, but it would eventually happen.

Darkrayne.5614

Ah, but it does. Fast and slow are comparative terms. You can’t have something be fast if there’s nothing that’s slow.

Mounts would start off at X speed. Where X speed is faster than non-mounted speed (we’ll assume everyone is given a standard model mount for free – the skins are what cost gold, gems and/or time).

For a time players remember that non-mounted running speed is fast. But after a while, X speed starts to feel slow. So players ask for speed traits and sigils and runs to affect mount speed. ANet obliges because it puts more opportunity cost into builds.

Then after a while, players start to complain that they shouldn’t have to trait for faster mounts and Y speed (X speed + sigil/rune/trait/item boost) should be the new normal speed.

Oh my.. I have no idea why people think this happens but in real life you don’t walk to the shop and eventually start to feel like that walk is getting too slow so you start jogging every time you go.. then a month later you start running to the shop because it started to feel slow again. Then you start sprinting a month later. Then you have to buy a bike to get to the shop. Then you have to drive there.

Nope, sorry. That’s not how it works.

You guys think you’re making sense but this isn’t a maths problem.

Darkrayne.5614

I adore your assumption that Anet would implement mounts in a way that would do that. Frankly, mounts implemented for that kind of use would be rather nonsensical and a waste of Anets time …. why would they even bother doing mounts for such a thing when they can just increase run speed?

Let’s not beat around the bush here … it’s unrealistic to think mounts would be implemented as a solution for saving seconds of travel time between nodes, events, etc … on a map.

I adore your assumption that what I said was anything other than a random example to prove a point. I’ve mentioned in the original post that a simple base run speed increase would do the job.

Seera.5916

Oh my.. I have no idea why people think this happens but in real life you don’t walk to the shop and eventually start to feel like that walk is getting too slow so you start jogging every time you go.. then a month later you start running to the shop because it started to feel slow again. Then you start sprinting a month later. Then you have to buy a bike to get to the shop. Then you have to drive there.

But people do do that in real life.

They just don’t do all the middle steps. They jump to the fastest way possible for them.

And I never said the speed would feel slow. It would just cease to feel fast. Because it becomes normal.

Darkrayne.5614

But people do do that in real life.

They just don’t do all the middle steps. They jump to the fastest way possible for them.

And I never said the speed would feel slow. It would just cease to feel fast. Because it becomes normal.

No, they don’t. I could always run to the shop but I never do. We could always run everywhere but we don’t. I have no idea why you’re trying to argue it.

Ok.. right now the speed doesn’t feel normal though. It feels slow.

Seera.5916

No, they don’t. I could always run to the shop but I never do. We could always run everywhere but we don’t. I have no idea why you’re trying to argue it.

Ok.. right now the speed doesn’t feel normal though. It feels slow.

And once you got mounts, the speed that mounts go would eventually not feel fast and you’d want to go faster. ANet would grant that and then you’d want that faster speed to be normal speed to not have deal with maintaining it 100%. Than that new normal speed wouldn’t feel fast enough anymore and you’d want speed boosts again.

You don’t run to the shop because you take a car right? Or the drive over would add more time to the trip and running would cause you to have to take a break when you got to the shop and that would make the trip take longer.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’d welcome mounts if they were added. It’s another thing I can do to customize characters. What mount a character chooses says something about who they are. I don’t like games though where mounts are just horses. I like a selection to add to my help broaden my character.

The speed thing never really bothered me, but the coolness factor is something else entirely. I’ve always enjoyed having mounts in other games.

Not so say I think Anet will suddenly introduce mounts, but I’d like to see them regardless.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Honestly, I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea of decreasing the amount of waypoints and adding mounts.

The only problem is that, in other games, enemies are programmed not to cross paths and roads because they are designated “safe-zones”. Guild Wars 2 is unfortunately not this way (although I wish it was), and I often find myself targeted by multiple enemies as I run on a road. I suppose it wouldn’t be a problem if your mount didn’t disappear every time you got hit, as in other MMORPGs… it would just seem odd to me to stay on my mount after getting hit.

For the people saying, “You’d just want more speed after you get mounts”:
Logic does not work this way. Logic dictates that the mount you’re using is the fastest option to travel and you will be content. Unless it’s a ridiculous increase in speed, such as 15%

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

(edited by Galtrix.7369)

Posted by: Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

And I will never understand why everyone wants to get some place in a bigger hurry. There are foes along the route to wherever, to kill. Kill them and get some extra loot. If people would quit just running across the map to get to a place that isn’t going anywhere maybe they would actually find out there is other things to do then just run in a game. Every event in the game has a timer or a series of events that lead up to the big event. So just watch for the chain events and maybe even get some extra loot along the way. If you want mounts then go back to the game that got you addicted to them. Guild wars has never had mounts and I don’t see the devs changing their mind about that. They just add different modes like gliding. Which personally I find lot more fun then a boring mount.

CMM.6712

I get annoyed enough by Charr wings blocking my view of things, the last thing I want is someone’s sparkle pony butt in my face when I am trying to use the bank. Or see the bad guy… or see anything for that matter.

Darkrayne.5614

And I will never understand why everyone wants to get some place in a bigger hurry. There are foes along the route to wherever, to kill. Kill them and get some extra loot. If people would quit just running across the map to get to a place that isn’t going anywhere maybe they would actually find out there is other things to do then just run in a game. Every event in the game has a timer or a series of events that lead up to the big event. So just watch for the chain events and maybe even get some extra loot along the way. If you want mounts then go back to the game that got you addicted to them. Guild wars has never had mounts and I don’t see the devs changing their mind about that. They just add different modes like gliding. Which personally I find lot more fun then a boring mount.

Ah, the “if you don’t like it, don’t play” reply. Took a little longer than usual. Now head to the class forums and say that to everyone criticising almost every single skill in the game.

Obtena.7952

I adore your assumption that what I said was anything other than a random example to prove a point. I’ve mentioned in the original post that a simple base run speed increase would do the job.

Yet you push for mounts as the more complex solution. Makes sense. Again, don’t assume that Anet implementing mounts would do what you think they should; it frankly makes little sense to give players a mounts for the reasons you state. You might not like the traits/signets that give you run speed, but there is little reason for Anet to make their currently available strategies for speed redundant with a complex solution like Mounts.

If they put in mounts, I can’t see them being game enhancement aids, simply because they aren’t necessary for that role. It will be bling like endless potions or minis.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Ah, the “if you don’t like it, don’t play” reply. Took a little longer than usual. Now head to the class forums and say that to everyone criticising almost every single skill in the game.

I didn’t say don’t play I said go back to the one that got you addicted. You can ride your pony there and then come back here and use way points. You are making assumptions on what I said. No where in there did I say don’t play. Guild wars is set up so you can play it and go off to another and come back without the worry of a fee. Just because we do not agree with your ideas does not mean we are saying leave.

Darkrayne.5614

Yet you push for mounts as the more complex solution. Makes sense.

I think mounts are fun. I’d prefer mounts got added but the main problem is the speed thing.

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Believe what you want it doesn’t matter what I type or even say because you feel you are right and everyone else is wrong. And it doesn’t matter how one types or even talks the recipient will take what they want and as you have shown you choose to be just argumentative. But I do find it funny that you jumped to the conclusion that I was saying leave when I also said other points of what you could be doing. Plus I commented on the mounts when you later said you were more wanting speed. So my comment could have easily been skipped since I actually jumped back on something you said was not the point of your post. But as already said I don’t care what you thought I was trying to say so play or don’t play it doesn’t affect me. I was just trying to point out that there are things to do other then just getting from point a to point b. But I doubt that matters to you so my post are mute are they not?

Darkrayne.5614

I get annoyed enough by Charr wings blocking my view of things, the last thing I want is someone’s sparkle pony butt in my face when I am trying to use the bank. Or see the bad guy… or see anything for that matter.

That really is the worst reason not to have mounts. Crap will always be blocking your banker either way.

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

Slow down there, Ricky Bobby…

We don’t need mounts. Aesthetically, it would just add to map clutter. And for speed-boosting…. why? Moving faster may be nice, but it’s going to lead to me getting to my destination sooner and just standing there and waiting a longer duration for events to start.

It’s been requested a million times and the answer stays the same: We don’t need mounts and there’s no logical reason to add them now.

Attachments:

Darkrayne.5614

Believe what you want it doesn’t matter what I type or even say because you feel you are right and everyone else is wrong. And it doesn’t matter how one types or even talks the recipient will take what they want and as you have shown you choose to be just argumentative. But I do find it funny that you jumped to the conclusion that I was saying leave when I also said other points of what you could be doing. Plus I commented on the mounts when you later said you were more wanting speed. So my comment could have easily been skipped since I actually jumped back on something you said was not the point of your post. But as already said I don’t care what you thought I was trying to say so play or don’t play it doesn’t affect me. I was just trying to point out that there are things to do other then just getting from point a to point b. But I doubt that matters to you so my post are mute are they not?

That’s another typical reply. I’m just impossible I suppose and there’s no point talking to me. What’s funny about when people do that is that it’s actually them that are being arrogant but want to get out of the never ending cycle they just stepped into.

As for your suggestions that I solve the problem by doing something I don’t plan to be doing on my way from A to B, it doesn’t help. You’re saying that to feel.. comfortable.. with the sluggishness I should appreciate the things I can do that are closer to me. That’s counterproductive and would make whatever goal I have take even longer. Sometimes I’m in the mood for killing mobs or doing event chains around me.. but other times I want to get a specific thing done.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

That really is the worst reason not to have mounts. Crap will always be blocking your banker either way.

Personally I think it is a good reason as mounts add unnecessary screen clutter. See my post earlier in this thread. Not to mention the resources it would take to render all those players on mounts. Much like minis that can’t be shown on busy maps, I imagine players all over the place on mounts would cause an even bigger problem. Again, as I mentioned earlier.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

CMM.6712

Miniatures already get hidden in a full map. Mounts would just make it worse being bigger and more obtrusive. I can’t see how implementing them into the current game would be good.

I am not completely against them, and I do think they would be fun/collectible etc. etc.
I just don’t think it is a good idea as things are now, my opinion.

Posted by: TheOrlyFactor.8341

TheOrlyFactor.8341

Guys, c’mon. This is clearly a bait thread. :\

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/583/043/800.png

Playing GW2 for the story is like expecting plot in a porno. You’ll be left disappointed.

(edited by TheOrlyFactor.8341)

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

I know but was in a mood. Just wish that pic was visible on the post itself it looses a bit of its umph having to press two links to see it. Course I can’t say much I don’t even know how to add a pic to a post.

Darkrayne.5614

Almost all my character have some kind of speed boost that needs no maintenance whatsoever. I think only my Guardian does not.

Regardless, it sounds like you aren’t really asking for mounts, but just to have the base running speed increased. If so, you might consider abandoning this thread, and placing a post in the Stickied thread, ‘QoL Suggestions’. Mount threads never fare well.

Good luck.

I know there’s passive speed boosts, one way or another. The problem is that your build choices are either limited if you want to make use of them or you have to sacrifice power in some way, such as using traveler runes instead of something else.

I am well aware that those speed boosts can be great in combat. You generally do more DPS if you can get to your target faster. I’m only concerned about out of combat run speed though and I’m not a fan of having to sacrifice ability for convenience. It seems completely unnecessary to me.

Darkrayne.5614

It’s not, not really. I just wanted to see what the general opinion was. I’m pretty surprised to be honest.

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

Good luck.

I know there’s passive speed boosts, one way or another. The problem is that your build choices are either limited if you want to make use of them or you have to sacrifice power in some way, such as using traveler runes instead of something else.

I am well aware that those speed boosts can be great in combat. You generally do more DPS if you can get to your target faster. I’m only concerned about out of combat run speed though and I’m not a fan of having to sacrifice ability for convenience. It seems completely unnecessary to me.

And maybe that’s the point. The devs are willing for you to have speed boosts but you have to give something up on your build. Mounts with a speed boost means you can have your speed boost and your power build too.

In essence, you’re asking to have your cake and eat it too. Have speed boosts and the build without speed boosts. And that’s probably why they won’t put mounts with speed boosts in game.

Darkrayne.5614

Good luck.

And maybe that’s the point. The devs are willing for you to have speed boosts but you have to give something up on your build. Mounts with a speed boost means you can have your speed boost and your power build too.

In essence, you’re asking to have your cake and eat it too. Have speed boosts and the build without speed boosts. And that’s probably why they won’t put mounts with speed boosts in game.

I don’t see how it’s a problem if it only works out of combat though. You see, out of combat I can change my build to get that speed boost and then change it back when I’m done. But that’s redundant and annoying… so why not just make it standard, out of combat.

Bruno.3812

Good luck.

I don’t see how it’s a problem if it only works out of combat though. You see, out of combat I can change my build to get that speed boost and then change it back when I’m done. But that’s redundant and annoying… so why not just make it standard.

You could. But how many people do that and how often. I’d say just about no one does which means my argument still stands. That the reason the devs aren’t going to give us speedy mounts is they want the trade off.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Mounts actually slow down travel in mmos. WPs are faster.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Darkrayne.5614

Good luck.

I don’t see how it’s a problem if it only works out of combat though. You see, out of combat I can change my build to get that speed boost and then change it back when I’m done. But that’s redundant and annoying… so why not just make it standard.

You could. But how many people do that and how often. I’d say just about no one does which means my argument still stands. That the reason the devs aren’t going to give us speedy mounts is they want the trade off.

I’m not even asking for ‘speedy’ mounts. Something like a 25% increase to the base out of combat run speed would improve things a lot.

In fact.. most of the stick I’m getting here is because people are dead set on not having mounts so I’m going to edit this title to make it more clear is mostly about the speed.

Bruno.3812

Good luck.

I’m not even asking for ‘speedy’ mounts. Something like a 25% increase to the base out of combat run speed would improve things a lot.

In fact.. most of the stick I’m getting here is because people are dead set on not having mounts so I’m going to edit this title to make it more clear is mostly about the speed.

Since 25% is within the range of speed boosts from skills then you might want to make an argument as to why players should get that 25% speed boost and not have to give up skills, traits, runes or time to switch out since it’s probable that the devs do want the trade off, since they’ve designed the game this way.