Lets introduce WvWvW and do nothing with it.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kazzuki.5704

Kazzuki.5704

PvP centric MMO. That is the flavor of Gw1, and should have been carried over to GW2. And it was carried over, for a while….. then suddenly…

sPvP , zero changes in structure format since beta , annoying Conquest design that only favors bunkers and bursters, and completely boring meta.

PvE , non stop focus on upgrading , good, but new introduction of powercreep completely segragates all pvpers from doing what they love.

And the kicker, WvWvW , with the introduction of the rally system from downed state, GW2 has turned into a zergfest that favors zero tactics for large scale pvp. Biggest upset is WvWvW server wars, DOES NOT BENEFIT PVE. How can such an integral part of the game , which is also the biggest part of every campaign to sell your GW2 game, have zero influence on PvE. Heck you could have made the fractals of the mist only open when you have the most towers, or the most points in the recent hour, and not introduce powercreep ascended gear, and WvWvW would be 10 times more lively.

The writing is simple, We are no longer a PvP centric MMO . Esports Spvp is not the focus, neither is WvWvW the centralised pillar where the game should be designed upon.

Posted by: Gilandred.9870

Gilandred.9870

Biggest upset is WvWvW server wars, DOES NOT BENEFIT PVE. How can such an integral part of the game , which is also the biggest part of every campaign to sell your GW2 game, have zero influence on PvE.

What about all those server bonuses?

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Lack of portal for weekly and monthly stats has a lot to do with it. There are zero rewards for WvWvW or semi tournament play.

You don’t need gear progression. You need bragging rights for things like weekly kill count, biggest hit, weakest hit, against the odds, guild takes, losses, keeps taken, most supplies used, quickest pvp jump puzzle, by class, etc

We got nothing and was upped one by a new gear grind.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Kazzuki.5704

Sorry, when i said benefit PvE, i refer to activities, that progress one’s character permanently , like the ability to get special armor skins because your server is winning.

Heck, you could even introduce a special skin vendors in each zone, that are unlock when you have captured a prerequisite amount/variety of keeps and towers, and also require either loot essences from the mobs in that zone, or WvWvW marks. This would revitalize low level zones, and enforce player activity in BOTH fronts.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

All the bonuses you see on the scoreboard are for pve…
But I do agree wvw looks to be the red haired stepchild, not much has been added, not much to work for other than getting into a higher tier. The servers transfers finally got locked to 7 days, but how many communities have already been destroyed with it taking 2 months to finally happen.

The end of match at reset could use a nice little pvp scoreboard for the sides, like a 1 2 3 listing of captured towers/keeps/supply camps in the match, which server had the most player kills, most dolyak kills, most siege kills, most gold rated defend the structure events completed, etc. Things to kind of motivate your side in the next match.

A lot more needs to be added, just a question of when.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

ironicaly wvw is the main reason why i liked the game before it was released and bought it when it came out.

Whats funny is ive only been in wvw few times. ITs horrible and nothing but a zerg fest with everyone using aoe range skills.

Seems like this game is turning into a bigger microtransaction for pve then actualy being a pvp game.

Kazzuki.5704

And that has been the bottom line for alot of players who bought GW2…..

“I came to gw2 for the WvWvW concept…….”

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

Esports, oh esports.
It’s fun to watch, fun to participate and W3 could fit right in with some tweaks to personal progression that doesn’t affect much else. If you check around in the W3 forums you will see plenty of suggestions but they go off the radar because ppl don’t respond enough to keep them front page.

This is how W3 feels to walk in and play (just my opinion here).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=a7BBEvVkq7w

This is how Dungeons feel to walk in and play (just my opinion here).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

I don’t think the two will meet anytime soon and since they have chosen to cater to dungeons over W3, that’s how it’s going to be. I too came for the PVP with gear stats I chose so it naturally went toward W3 but there will come a point when Ascendeds stomp us down so … uh keep making suggestions if you think they are listening? Let them know you like W3.