Level 6 dye reward

Level 6 dye reward

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

When you reach level 6, you get to choose between one of three dyes as a reward, along with the tutorials and whatnot. Unfortunately, it’s always the same three dyes. By the time I had a second character reach level 6 since the NPE, I had already unlocked all three choices on my account. Would it be possible in a future update to tweak this reward so it offers a randomly generated choice of three dyes the player hasn’t already unlocked instead of a static three dyes?

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: vesperia.6097

vesperia.6097

Yeah good idea, instead 3 dyes you can just put one unidentified dye.

Might makes me right!

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

This has my vote.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Worth 30 plus silver for a level 6 reward?

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

That’s one perspective, I can understand that. As a casual who likes to play “dress up” I was looking at it from a different perspective.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Level 6 dye reward

Vayne.8563

I get that. I just don’t think Anet is going to give anyone something for a level six reward that they can sell and buy 30 dyes with. It’s too much reward for too low a level.

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: Lodius.5392

Lodius.5392

The new farm it is!

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

why not just 3 random unidentified fine level dyes or something (the ones craftable by chef). that should fix the duplicate issue without overdoing the reward. I dont think any of the fine rarity dyes are worth a ton are they?

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

soulbound/accountbound Unidentified Dye.

kthx Anet.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

Yes.

Attachments:

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

soulbound/accountbound Unidentified Dye.

kthx Anet.

This…..(a normal UID would result in massive farming far beyond old BL key days….)

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I get that. I just don’t think Anet is going to give anyone something for a level six reward that they can sell and buy 30 dyes with. It’s too much reward for too low a level.

A new player likely won’t know that, or if he does realize to check it’s price, “welcome to the TP!” It’s only 30s, not really worth farming out, and even then it’d probably drop in price if it were to happen as there would be more in the market from people just running new alts and what not.

Or of course just open up to many more options of random dyes, it’s kinda lame that it stops being a reward you can really use at all after 3 runs through.

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: bradldz.3728

bradldz.3728

Well I don’t understand why someone would go trough the effort of making a character and levelling to 6 for a 30s reward? unidentified dye is the easiest way to solve the issue. Also I have done a few key runs since the patch and 90% of the time so far I got an unidentified dye out of a bag from the personal story rewards. Nothing wrong with giving that to a low level…

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: bradldz.3728

bradldz.3728

A new player likely won’t know that, or if he does realize to check it’s price, “welcome to the TP!” It’s only 30s, not really worth farming out, and even then it’d probably drop in price if it were to happen as there would be more in the market from people just running new alts and what not.

Or of course just open up to many more options of random dyes, it’s kinda lame that it stops being a reward you can really use at all after 3 runs through.

I’d just keep making new characters, keep getting dyes…takes 5 minutes to get to level 6 now. I’d farm it all day. Well I wouldn’t because I hate farming but I have friends who would. You could probably make a gold every 15 minutes doing that. 4 gold an hour for pretty much no work.

Well then that would bring the price of them down to a point where it wouldn’t be worth it anymore, thats how economy works. It’s not like unidentified dyes are high in demand….

Level 6 dye reward

Vayne.8563

Well I don’t understand why someone would go trough the effort of making a character and levelling to 6 for a 30s reward? unidentified dye is the easiest way to solve the issue. Also I have done a few key runs since the patch and 90% of the time so far I got an unidentified dye out of a bag from the personal story rewards. Nothing wrong with giving that to a low level…

Because it now takes about 10 minutes to get to level 6. It would just give key farmers an extra 30 silver.

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Vayne has a point but op also has a valid point. maybe making it account bound could be an option. Or like OP suggested, you get to choose a colour to unlock only its a randomize selection.

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

Or you could keep them and use them as forge fodder.

Duty is heavier than death.

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: eXeth.9134

eXeth.9134

Like how you can get a Black Lion Ticket from the key at the lvl 10 quest and earn yourself 100 gold?

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Because it now takes about 10 minutes to get to level 6. It would just give key farmers an extra 30 silver.

Hmm in the quote I see above it says 5 minutes, now it’s 10 minutes. Really though doesn’t have to be an Unid, make it a random more common dye. Something that still gives a reward after 3 characters would be nice is all. I really don’t see making it an Unid being as bad as you try to make it sound though. Take 10-15 mins, get a reward that was worth 30s, but would likely become less quite quickly. Either way, again the point is after 3 characters you should still get something you can use, right?

Level 6 dye reward

Vayne.8563

Vayne has a point but op also has a valid point. maybe making it account bound could be an option. Or like OP suggested, you get to choose a colour to unlock only its a randomize selection.

I have every single normal dye unlocked on my account. When I make an alt, having an account bound dye, even an unidentified one, would automatically give me a double. Not to mention, many players making alts would run into the exact same problem.

But yeah, it’s a six level reward, it doesn’t matter what they really do with it as long it’s not out of whack with the level.

Level 6 dye reward

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Instead of just a Random Dye, why not a Random X Dye? Random Yellow, Random Blue, etc. They have those in-game, and they’re not worth as much as the Random Dye on the TP.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]