Level 80 content

Level 80 content

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

This is my main gripe with gw2 and was my biggest gripe (and the reason i quit) gw1.

So i hit the level cap of 80 and before i hit 80 i was always thinking

ok i can never find people to group for general pve, personal story, or dungeons
because everyones doing level 80 only content and the reason why i can’t find people for any dungeons except a.c is because no one wants to group with someone whos not 80. Unfortunately i still cannot find a group for any dungeons, sadly ive only done 3 dungeons and i would like to do story mode and explore mode for all dungeons.

Since fotm came out its impossible to find a group for normal dungeons except a.c, the only dungeons ive ran is a.c , cm and twilight because fotm came out just before i hit the required levels for dungeons passed a.c and c.m, shame as i would like to explore the lore and do somthing other then run fractals ALL DAY LONG.

So now i sit here and im wondering, for pve as a level 80 what can i do? I went to lost shores today, i was the only one their which was no fun, in ore i didn’t see anyone i really want to experince a zone full of lvl 80’s doing epic siege defence like quests in a lotr two towers setting, this is the kind of stuff i imagined doing in pve at level 80 in gw2, massive seige like events and the like.

I like fractals but i only like doing 1 or 2 runs because then i get bored, since ive run every fractal 20 times a piece already,

So as a level 80, all im doing now is wvw, i would like to know what els level 80s do, and now i play mmo’s to play with other people, so don’t tell me to solo lost shores or somthing.

Also im on tanished cost, before that i was on yaks bed, both teir 1 high pop. servers, i did notice yaks bend was not nearley as populated as tc but anyway, we need an incentive to get level 80s to pve more in groups, It doesn’t help that the only way to get the best items is through fractals.

Also is their any epic style events like what i mentioned above? perhaps a huge castle siege sort of thing with some good lore, man o man i wish i could get on a.nets dev team ide have some awesome ideas for them

Perhaps a Castle defence instance where you get 20 people on your team and you have to servive waves of enemies, but it has to be TONS of enemies so far the personal story mission where your in a seige or defending don’t seem right since its not so much army vs army the enemies need to be weaker and in way bigger numbers,

This is a pc game use it to produce massive fights.

If anyone has any recomendations for what to do OTHER then wvw please let me know.

(I’m not really into spvp and tpvp, i would be if they didn’t completely break immersion with your character using different armor and having no lore and all that)

Level 80 content

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Want to do other dungeons? Get a guild, or two or three.
Other activities? How about playing the TP? If you invest smartly, you can make some decent profits. If you want to do general PvE, just offer to pay anyone 1 gold per hour for partying up with you and doing content. The money you need for that you get from playing the TP or doing fractals. Everybody wins, except the scrubs who loose their potential profits to power traders on the TP, of course. It all comes together, how cool is that?

Level 80 content

Blissified.8369

I have a guild, and a huge one at that, doesn’t help when i ask them to do stuff with me they either want a.c run for farming, or fractals.

Also my guild isnt going to ALL come to my zone to populate it just for me, as in i want an orr with a constant power struggle of human vs undead
with 100’s of humans vs 10000’s of undead, plus perhaps 4 other people to be in my party where we actually follow eachother and combine our tacticts!

(which is the diff between soloing side by side others and partying)

I didn’t buy Market Sim 2, i bought Guild Wars 2 (Hmm where are the “guild wars” anyway? gw1 had it )
to play a market sim, lol and i do play the t.p but i do that for about 10 minutes a day.

I’m not paying someone to play with me, thats kitten and not only that but then the 1 gold per hour basicly negates me earning gold.

Level 80 content

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

If you don’t enjoy fractals or WvW this game is going to have a horrible endgame for you. Level up new chars or play another game IMO.

Level 80 content

Blissified.8369

I said i love WvW? And i said i love fractals, but i dont love running fractals over and over 5 hours a day.

Don’t know what post your reading

Level 80 content

Blissified.8369

Also it WvW gets boring after a while BUT i do love the concept and if they just put some effort into adding more features ,make it so your not losin gold playing wvw, but earning it then ide be happy.

Level 80 content

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

www.gw2lfg.com

I have found a group for every dungeon usually within 5 minutes.

Level 80 content

Blissified.8369

Yes gw2lfg is good, but why dont people use gw2’s lfg system? Its their type /lfg and its essentially the same thing.

Level 80 content

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

gw2lfg.com

The only thing I’ve had difficulty finding groups for is high level odd numbered fractals, and arah late at night.

Anet make Rev great again.

Level 80 content

Posted by: Felicela.2810

Felicela.2810

Yes gw2lfg is good, but why dont people use gw2’s lfg system? Its their type /lfg and its essentially the same thing.

You are welcome to go that route, just telling you what works for me and my guild mates when there is not enough of us on.

Level 80 content

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

There is one major problem with GW2 in-game lfg system. ALl it does is give a blue square. If it let you put in what you want to do, then it would be worth using.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

Level 80 content

Posted by: xardrion.4607

xardrion.4607

Well to put it this way, GW2 is a good game IF you consider the amount of money you pay. But is it good as a MMORPG? No, not really.

Anet tries to take on the stand of a competitive game with no char progression ( aka only cosmetics and “ranks”), similar to FPS , MOBA or RTS games.

This on the otherhand doesn work for MMORPGs in the long run, people need to make it a “chore” to a certain degree and to see results by doing it. The gameplay wont be able to keep you entertained for enough time. This similar to single-player games where you feel that its a good thing it ended, due to gameplay becoming repetitive.

So what do MMORPGs need? Growth, a constant stream of making your char stronger, since hey numbers is what you are watching most of the time while playing.

So my conclusion is; I will keep playing from time to time, and wait for updates, but not dedicate anymore time than that.