Level Boosters - Too many

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Currently in inventory I have 17 Tomes of Knowledge, 15 Tomes of Mentorship and 24 Experience scrolls. I also have 9 level 80 characters with no plans to add another unless a new race is added. However if they do add a new race I would prefer to level it normally versus fast tracking.

If I could turn them in and gain a pristine fractal (I hate fractals but need 5 to complete Mawdrey), or a Black Lion Claim ticket, or some other rare item it would at least give me something to do with them.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

You could trade them into keys by making a new character. Boost him to 20 and run the first personal story. Also you could trade the skill points you get in at the forge.

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I have binned all of my “instantly level to 20” tomes as I was never going to use any of them.
I only have 7 level 80s and a level 42 that I am currently levelling although I do have a stack of +level tomes in the bank I could use if I want, but levelling is fun once you get past level 30. (It used to be fun all the way but the NPE crapped on that).
But If read the new dailies bit correctly we will be gifted even more tomes for that…..

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I have binned all of my “instantly level to 20” tomes as I was never going to use any of them.
I only have 7 level 80s and a level 42 that I am currently levelling although I do have a stack of +level tomes in the bank I could use if I want, but levelling is fun once you get past level 30. (It used to be fun all the way but the NPE crapped on that).
But If read the new dailies bit correctly we will be gifted even more tomes for that…..

But making it so your character was less interesting until higher level was a good idea! It weeds out all of the non-hardcore players! /sarcasm

Lol they did it because they couldn’t think of a more interesting way to make progression fun while leveling.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Here is a thought for the level boosters in addition to the ability to trade it in on something like the pristine fractals I listed above but different.

The level boosters are tomes of knowledge, mentorship manuals and experience scrolls. Why not have a vendor that will trade these for knowledge be it a recipe or even a POI,Vista or Skill Credit on a map? For example if I needed the Vista in Stonemist Castle I could visit a cartographer and for 5 experience scrolls he would give me a map of the vista which would clear it on my map.

Now it would not make a difference to me as all 9 of my toons are level 80 with 100% map completion and the personal story completed but it could help others.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

+1

I have 8 level 80 characters, each with dozens of skillpoints (that I routinely dump into the forge), 120 skillpoint scrolls in the bank (after using the 500 I had stored up previously for a light show/dance party), 5 of the To-20 scrolls, some XP boosters, 150 Tomes of Knowledge, etc.

I would have to make 2 new characters to use up the Tomes, and I keep getting them at a steady pace. At first glance the To-20 scrolls seemed like a hot idea, but now I have a handful of them in the bank, they don’t stack, and I’ll likely never use them.

Either post-80 levels need to gain some relevance, or these need to be reduced for people with 80 characters. Make the To-20 scrolls give me 20 skillpoints, let me refine Tomes, something.

(edited by NonToxic.9185)

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Hmmm interesting idea.

I wouldnt mind being able to trade them in or make them do something cool after level 80. May like a paragon post level 80 system. Where you get additional account bound bonus karma gain, gold gain, and MF. Like the achievement chest bonuses.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”