Level cap raise - legendary level raise too?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

If I craft a legendary weapon, it’s gonna be level 80
Let’s say they open up to level 90 in the next expansion, how will that affect my legendary?

Will it become level 90? Then I won’t be able to use it until I levelup?

Will I need to make one of the new level 90 legendary?

Will there be some sort of “legendary” upgrade path? If so, will it cost several hundred golds as well?

Thanks for all info you may have

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

They have stated that legendairy’s will ALWAYS be top tier.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: bibster.6289

bibster.6289

They have stated that legendairy’s will ALWAYS be top tier.

i dont think you get what he is asking. legendaries will always be the top tier but their will be new lvl 90 legendaries? or the current legendaries would automatically scale to lvl 90? that what hes asking. i dont know, but right now Guild Wars 2 is becoming a grind fest. so i think they will make new legendaries to make people grind more. XD

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

Most likely no. They’ll get grandfathered into Ascended tier, but you won’t see current legendary weapons grandfathered into whatever the new level cap is.

Of course, there’s always new transmutation stones, but who knows if those will work once legendary weapons are made to be Ascended quality (afaik Ascended gear cannot be salvaged or transmuted).

(edited by Ansultares.1567)

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

They will always be top tier

Fox.3469

top tier is top tier, no matter the lvl

PowerCat.5738

Read my question before answering something unrelated.

I’m not asking if it’s gonna stay top tier. we already know that.

• Will it become level 90? Then I won’t be able to use it until I levelup?
  • Will there be some sort of “legendary” upgrade path? If so, will it cost several hundred golds as well?

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

Probably not. Wouldn’t that make new gear useless and new content pointless?

Edit

Legendary upgrade path seems like a nifty idea however. Maybe 1/2 the mats to upgrade your level 80 to 90?

My brain isn’t working yet, maybe I am not comprehending.

(edited by Rustypipes.6238)

Posted by: Reaver.9256

Reaver.9256

No your legendary won’t be leveled to 90. MAYBE they’ll offer an upgrade path for it but that’s all speculation at this point. People saying it’ll always be top tier and all that aren’t reading the whole thing right.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

No your legendary won’t be leveled to 90. MAYBE they’ll offer an upgrade path for it but that’s all speculation at this point. People saying it’ll always be top tier and all that aren’t reading the whole thing right.

No, the devs were very direct in saying that legendaries would always be the top tier of equipment. And they said it on multiple occasions.

So if the existing legendaries were not upgradeable in some way to fit the new level cap, then yes, that would still be breaking their promise because it would mean that Legendaries were no longer equal to the strongest gear in the game.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

From all Anet statements so far the Legendary is grind insurance for the weapon slot. Once the grind kicks in fully, this alone will make Legendary weapons truly Legendary.

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

No, the devs were very direct in saying that legendaries would always be the top tier of equipment. And they said it on multiple occasions.

So if the existing legendaries were not upgradeable in some way to fit the new level cap, then yes, that would still be breaking their promise because it would mean that Legendaries were no longer equal to the strongest gear in the game.

I think that comes down to interpretation of terminology, so to speak.

Reaver.9256

I don’t get what you’re saying. A level 90 or whatever legendary will still be top tier and best stats. A level 80 legendary will also still be top tier but not the best stats. Tiers have nothing to do with level and stats of weapons. WoWs tiers haven’t changed in years and years. I’m guessing they would probably introduce some sort of upgrade path to evolve your legendary into a current one, but it’s not going to just become level 90 on it’s own.

Ansultares.1567

top tier is top tier, no matter the lvl

Yes.

But that’s like saying a level 70 exotic was top tier before Lost Shores released. Technically, it comes from the top tier of loot, but no, it’s not the top tier in terms of level.

There’s no inconsistency if they leave current legendary weapons as level 80 Ascended. It’s technically still “top tier” quality loot, it’s just no longer level cap loot, or BiS, or anything but an overpriced skin.

Probably not. Wouldn’t that make new gear useless and new content pointless?

Well that’s how you know new legendary pieces are going to require new materials; so that people with thousands of gold worth of stacked mats aren’t completing them within moments of the first new precursor drops being put on the TP.

Also interesting to note that we won’t be able to transmute them, because Ascended tier is not able to be transmuted.

I’m guessing they would probably introduce some sort of upgrade path to evolve your legendary into a current one

Possibly, but tbh I get the impression they think anyone completing a legendary absolutely loved the grind, and would leave the game without it, so if they even bother to include a method for upgrading level 80 legendary weapons, I would expect it to be as expensive as crafting a fresh level 90 legendary.

I’m not convinced they’ll even include such an option, but I suppose it’s possible.

critickitten.1498

I don’t get what you’re saying. A level 90 or whatever legendary will still be top tier and best stats. A level 80 legendary will also still be top tier but not the best stats. Tiers have nothing to do with level and stats of weapons. WoWs tiers haven’t changed in years and years. I’m guessing they would probably introduce some sort of upgrade path to evolve your legendary into a current one, but it’s not going to just become level 90 on it’s own.

You’re creating a technical divide where none exists.

The devs very directly stated that legendaries would be the best equipment in the game. There is no grey area here, “the best in the game” means “the best in the game”. If someone worked to get a Legendary at Lvl 80, and then new gear opened up at Lvl 90 which beat that Legendary, then that Legendary obviously is no longer the best in the entire game, is it? It would still be the best at Lvl 80, sure, but that’s not what they promised. Stop trying to muddle in technicalities and grey area, there is none. They made a promise and they are now obligated to stick to it.

Legendaries will get a level cap raise and stat increase when the cap is inevitably raised in the future. And if they didn’t, you could expect a forum riot roughly on the same scale as the Lost Shores debacle, if not worse, because everyone knows precisely what was promised time and time again by the devs when this subject came up.

The fact that they promised Legendaries would always be top-tier gear is pretty much the only rationale in favor of the existing mega-grind necessary to obtain them….imagine how ugly these forums would get if all of the players who dedicated months of grinding to getting their Legendaries had all of that suddenly invalidated by an expansion or content patch. There would be no end to the forum riot.

Now, if they’re going to break that promise, I myself would like to know now, so that I know not to bother with any Legendaries ever.

(edited by critickitten.1498)

Ansultares.1567

The fact that they promised Legendaries would always be top-tier gear is pretty much the only rationale in favor of the existing mega-grind necessary to obtain them….imagine how ugly these forums would get if all of the players who dedicated months of grinding to getting their Legendaries had all of that suddenly invalidated by an expansion or content patch. There would be no end to the forum riot.

Welcome to post-Lost Shores GW2; please check your disbelief at the door.

And please provide a quote where they explicitly state that they’ll maintain legendary weapons as BiS. The quote you’re thinking of came from the AMA reddit interview, AFAIK, and they only stated there that legendary weapons will remain in the highest tier.

We’ve already pointed out that there’s no correlation between loot tiers and levels. An item can be the highest tier of loot quality without being the highest level.

But, as I said, feel free to go fish up the quotes. I think you’ll be surprised.

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

Anet won’t raise level cap anytime soon so don’t worry about it. Even if they do, only they have the answer

PowerCat.5738

So basically I’m grinding, to be able to grind more?

Good stuff.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

They said it would be BIS no matter what so with that I take it as yes it will always be bumped. Lindsey Marshall made the post BTW

But they said lots of things in the past and reneged on those promises so I frankly wouldnt be surprised if they make you regrind it again. After all that is endgame.

critickitten.1498

And please provide a quote where they explicitly state that they’ll maintain legendary weapons as BiS. The quote you’re thinking of came from the AMA reddit interview, AFAIK, and they only stated there that legendary weapons will remain in the highest tier.

We’ve already pointed out that there’s no correlation between loot tiers and levels. An item can be the highest tier of loot quality without being the highest level.

But, as I said, feel free to go fish up the quotes. I think you’ll be surprised.

Oh really?

What’s this then?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons. Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items.

Took me all of about five seconds to find this, btw, because I knew where to look. Would be nice if people just looked up this stuff for themselves, instead of making assumptions that the person posting these things is always lying. >_>

So yes, Legendary weapons have been promised by the devs to always be BiS.

Which means that a failure to increase their stats and level to match the best gear in any future content update would be a violation of that promise.

(edited by critickitten.1498)

Reaver.9256

I see nothing there that disproves what I have already stated. Your level 80 legendary will not be bumped to level 90. Legendary will still be top tier at 90. Legendary will still be BIS at 90. Your level 80 legendary will still be top tier even when you’re 90. Your level 80 legendary will not be BIS when you’re 90.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

They have 3 options:

1. Scale legendaries to your level, therefore always being the best-in-slot item regardless of level. This would mean that once you obtained one, you would be set for life, never needing to obtain another weapon again. Now, less people have to buy, craft, grind or run dungeons for weapons, resulting in less trade and time spent.

Legendaries would become optionally optional (you only want because you like the skin) content for those already with one. Why then even bother adding new legendary weapons if those who are willing to grind for one had already gotten one. If they chose this route, to make more people grind the content, the next legendary would not be a weapon, but some other slot. Eventually, this would lead to the problem of no item progression, ever. GW3 would be out by that point however.

Scaling legendaries would also be considered an advantage, since it wouldn’t be possible to obtain level 81-89 ascended weapons and a level 90 ascended weapon would probably come months later. But all is fair in war (WvW) so…

2. Legendaries remain best-in-slot items, for their level range. With everyone needing new weapons, more people are out grinding, resulting in an increase in trade and player activity.

Since legendaries are supposed to be for “hardcore players” which I assume means grinders, to give them more content, they would definitely want you to grind out a new one.

3. Upgradeable legendaries. Why? It would probably be far easier/cheaper to obtain an ascended weapon and transmute it.

Ansultares.1567

Oh really?

What’s this then?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons. Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items.

Took me all of about five seconds to find this, btw, because I knew where to look. Would be nice if people just looked up this stuff for themselves, instead of making assumptions that the person posting these things is always lying. >_>

So yes, Legendary weapons have been promised by the devs to always be BiS.

Which means that a failure to increase their stats and level to match the best gear in any future content update would be a violation of that promise.

That only says they’ll upgrade current legendary weapons to Ascended tier when they release Ascended tier weapons. That says nothing about increasing their level when that time comes.

The only thing they have to do to maintain that statement as true is release future legendary weapons as Ascended tier, and not as exotic tier. Nowhere do they mention levels or level caps.

critickitten.1498

-snip-

-snip-

Ah I love it. Even proven conclusively wrong, you’re all still wriggling around for technicalities.

“They never said that Legendary items would be Best-In-Slot.”
“Yes they did, here’s a quote proving it.”
“THAT DOESN’T PROVE ANYTHING!”

There is nothing to discuss or argue here. You made the statement that they never promised Legendaries to be the best in slot, and I have a quote that proves they did in fact say just that. Don’t try to get technical now and try to look for loopholes. You are wrong. They made the promise, and they will be held accountable for it.

PowerCat.5738

-snip-

-snip-

Ah I love it. Even proven conclusively wrong, you’re all still wriggling around for technicalities.

There is nothing to discuss or argue here. You made the statement that they never promised Legendaries to be the best in slot, and I have a quote that proves they did in fact say just that. Don’t try to get technical now and try to look for loopholes. You are wrong. They made the promise, and they will be held accountable for it.

I can’t help but think he’s right. They never mentionned anything about level, and “best in slot” could just mean ascended for all we know.

Well there are level 80 ascended items too, what about those? they won’t get raised to 90, you’ll need to craft more. For 500 ectos.

Vertical progression sucks.

critickitten.1498

I can’t help but think he’s right. They never mentionned anything about level, and “best in slot” could just mean ascended for all we know.

Well there are level 80 ascended items too, what about those? they won’t get raised to 90, you’ll need to craft more. For 500 ectos.

Vertical progression sucks.

I don’t deny that it could happen that they release new items at Lvl 90 and don’t increase Legendaries to match. It certainly could happen.

What I do deny is the notion that (for some reason) this “doesn’t count” as a direct promise. “Legendaries will always be BiS”, they said, in no uncertain terms. That was their promise. I don’t know how other people define “BiS”, but to me, “Best-In-Slot” actually means “the best item that can be placed in that respective slot”.

So if indeed they DO release future content and Legendaries fall behind, then it is up to the players to say “but you promised BiS” and to make it very clear that they’re not happy with this sort of vertical progression.

If they break that promise, regardless of how they do it, they should be held accountable for it.

Ansultares.1567

So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items.

I don’t see where they promise legendary weapons will be BiS in perpetuity, only where they promise that legendary weapons will be upgraded to Ascended tier, so that they’re still BiS when Ascended tier weapons are released.

They’ll remain BiS relative to the upcoming Ascended tier. Zero mention of level cap increases, and zero reason to think they’ll be grandfathered into BiS with a level cap increase (and plenty of reason to think that they won’t be).

And, quite conveniently, the cost for remaining BiS when Ascended tier releases is the price of being unable to transmute the skins at a future date, because Ascended gear cannot be transmuted.

“Legendaries will always be BiS”, they said, in no uncertain terms.

You quote it yourself; they plainly state that legendary weapons will “remain” BiS, not that they’ll always be BiS, and within the context of the statement it’s clear that “remain” refers only to the release of Ascended tier weapons.

In case it wasn’t clear enough, here’s their statement; “…all existing Legendary weapons…will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game.”

That is what they’re describing when they say, “Thus Legendaries will remain ‘best-in-slot’ items.”

If they break that promise, regardless of how they do it, they should be held accountable for it.

Grow up; they broke their promise when they released Ascended in the first place. They obviously don’t care, and no one is holding them accountable. All we as players can do is rage on the forums, or move on to another game and write this one off as the joke that is is, however promising it may have started off being.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Let’s say they open up to level 90 in the next expansion, how will that affect my legendary?

Will there be some sort of “legendary” upgrade path? If so, will it cost several hundred golds as well?

All of these questions are among the reasons why a post-launch level cap raise would be a terrible decision. The only games that I’ve ever seen pull that crap off without botching it had a later level cap increase planned from the beginning, and didn’t make the mistake of positioning anything at the launch cap as “endgame” material.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Ansultares.1567

All of these questions are among the reasons why a post-launch level cap raise would be a terrible decision. The only games that I’ve ever seen pull that crap off without botching it had a later level cap increase planned from the beginning, and didn’t make the mistake of positioning anything at the launch cap as “endgame” material.

AFAIK they had planned for eventual level cap increases. It’s the Ascended gear which was hastily drawn up and released. I’m not sure what FotM was originally intended for, or how long it had been in development before Lost Shores; one would think it had been in development for awhile, but all the bugs and exploits suggest that maybe it was also hastily put together.

Interesting take, though. Do you have any examples of games which did and did not succeed at level cap increases?

critickitten.1498

I don’t see where they promise legendary weapons will be BiS in perpetuity, only where they promise that legendary weapons will be upgraded to Ascended tier, so that they’re still BiS when Ascended tier weapons are released.

You quote it yourself; they plainly state that legendary weapons will “remain” BiS, not that they’ll always be BiS, and within the context of the statement it’s clear that “remain” refers only to the release of Ascended tier weapons.

You’re obviously not understanding what just happened here.

So let’s review.

1) You said the following:

And please provide a quote where they explicitly state that they’ll maintain legendary weapons as BiS.

2) I provided this quote (and I’ll bold the key words because you keep purposely choosing to lie about the contents of this quote):

And ever since then, every single post you’ve made, you’ve been rooting around for technicalities like “they never said they’d increase the level”, trying desperately to worm your way around the fact that I found a dev quote which directly contradicts what you claimed they never said.

You claimed that they never said Legendaries will always be BiS. I have proven that they did say it. So you’re wrong. Period.

We can argue all day about whether or not they’ll actually keep to that promise. I maintain that with enough pressure from forum members, they will be forced to, or else risk even worse backlash than they had from Lost Shores. You may not agree, and that’s fine.

But we’ve already definitively proven that the promise was made. I will not humor further discussion about the “technicalities” of a promise that was made in no uncertain terms.

They said it. Therefore they will be expected to stick to it. That’s the end of the debate.

Now let’s get this discussion back on track.

Ansultares.1567

And ever since then, every single post you’ve made, you’ve been rooting around for technicalities like “they never said they’d increase the level”

They didn’t say they’d increase the level. They explicitly state that they’ll increase the quality to Ascended tier. Zero mention of level increases (no surprise that alot of players aren’t even aware that they’re planning on increasing the level cap in the future).

You claimed that they never said Legendaries will always be BiS. I have proven that they did say it.

No, you didn’t. You can continue to misinterpret what they said based on what you want to believe, but that’s not relevant to literally every single other GW2 player.

This link may help: http://www.englishforeveryone.org/Topics/Reading-Comprehension.htm

We can argue all day about whether or not they’ll actually keep to that promise.

The only promise is to increase their loot quality tier, but with enough pressure from forum posters you might get one of the devs to promise that they’ll also increase levels (and possibly cost them their job when Anet fails to keep it).

But we’ve already definitively proven that the promise was made. I will not humor further discussion about the “technicalities” of a promise that was made in no uncertain terms.

What is this, an attempt to troll the thread into being locked?

Ansultares.1567

In case it wasn’t clear enough, here’s their statement; “…all existing Legendary weapons…will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game.”

That is what they’re describing when they say, “Thus Legendaries will remain ‘best-in-slot’ items.”

critickitten.1498

Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items.

I said that I would not humor you any further, and I meant it. You are wrong. Move on.

The short answer to the OP is yes, if the level cap is raised to 90, it would be reasonable to expect Legendaries to increase in power to match any Lvl 90 gear that might come out.

The rest (like “will the legendary’s level be raised, making it so I can no longer use it?”) is more difficult to answer because we don’t know.

My best guess is that they’d keep the item’s level at 80 and just hike its power to compensate for the new equipment that comes out. That would keep you from losing access to the item you spent 80 levels earning. OR maybe they just won’t release new gear above Lvl 80 (though that’s extremely unlikely).

It would be nice if we could get a dev’s confirmation on how this will work.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Good god man, The dev were pretty darn clear, they will remain the top, if new item are introduced, then they get upgraded.

Ansultares.1567

The rest (like “will the legendary’s level be raised, making it so I can no longer use it?”) is more difficult to answer because we don’t know.

But that’s exactly what we’ve been discussing.

“Will the legendary’s level be raised, making it so I can no longer use it?” No, because it won’t be grandfathered into the new level cap. There will be new legendary weapons to be crafted at the new level cap. They’ll be Ascended tier quality. No one is arguing that future new legendary weapons are suddenly going to revert to exotic tier quality.

What’s being discussed here is whether existing legendary weapons will be grandfathered into the new level cap, ie “making it so I can no longer use it.” The answer is no, existing legendary weapons will remain level 80 Ascended pieces, and short of some visionary at Anet recognizing the problem beforehand, you won’t even be able to transmute them onto level cap gear.

My best guess is that they’d keep the item’s level at 80 and just hike its power to compensate for the new equipment that comes out.

That’s not even possible with their itemization system.

if new item are introduced, then they get upgraded.

When Ascended tier is released, they will be upgraded to Ascended tier. That’s all that quoted statement attests to.

If the level cap is increased, all bets are off, and there’s little reason to think existing legendary weapons will be automatically upgraded to the new level cap, while there’s plenty of reason to think that they’ll simply be supplanted by new legendary weapons at the new level cap.

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Top tier and top level are two different things, just like in other MMos where level caps was increased and new level weapons/armor are introduced, the same will happen here ~ don’t expect your legendary items to immediately get bumped up to level 90 etc, expect to use Fine Transmutation Stones.

They’ll remain top tier as in Ascended, that’s guaranteed but the level will not increase otherwise what is the point of adding in a new level cap if a chunk of players can just bypass the content and new gear chase? No, trust me ~ expect to re-acquire higher level gear.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Ansultares.1567

what is the point of adding in a new level cap if a chunk of players can just bypass the content and new gear chase? No, trust me ~ expect to re-acquire higher level gear.

Exactly.

~ don’t expect your legendary items to immediately get bumped up to level 90 etc, expect to use Fine Transmutation Stones.

Two things; first, we’ll probably need a new class of transmutation stones for the new max level (fine will probably cover up to level x9, whether that’s 89 or 99 or whatever); second, Ascended gear can’t be transmuted, so no, you won’t be able to transmute your existing legendary skin onto another weapon once they’ve lived up to their promise of buffing existing legendary weapons to Ascended quality.

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

If you think that they will raise the legendaries level to stay up to the expansion cap, you’re in for a nasty surprise.

critickitten.1498

They’ll remain top tier as in Ascended, that’s guaranteed but the level will not increase otherwise what is the point of adding in a new level cap if a chunk of players can just bypass the content and new gear chase? No, trust me ~ expect to re-acquire higher level gear.

Then that would make them not on-par with the Best-In-Slot.

They didn’t say “on-par with the top tier”, they said “on-par with the best-in-slot”. Best-In-Slot refers to the absolute strongest gear that can be placed into that slot, meaning top stats and top level.

I don’t understand why this is so difficult for people to comprehend.

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

Yes. If they increase level cap, current level of Legendaries (80) will be bumped up to 90.

Best in slot is best in slot. Nothing to discuss here.

Everyone with brain know what that means

So stop speculating, they said yes and now all we can do is wait if they broke promise or dont. Thats all.

(edited by Kacigarka.5176)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I doubt Anet have decided yet exactly how it will work.

Unless they’re already planning an update which will include a level cap increase and new max-level gear they’re not going to know how that new gear will work and won’t be able to plan how to upgrade Legendaries. And they haven’t given us any hint that they’re planning a level cap increase any time soon.

All they’ve said is that Legendaries will always be top-tier, they probably haven’t worked out the details yet.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

in a game where levels hardly matter…. let add 10 more

Fuz.5621

All they’ve said is that Legendaries will always be top-tier, they probably haven’t worked out the details yet.

Tier =\= Level

The “tier” (purple color) will remain the top one.

(edited by Fuz.5621)

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

/sigh

Who knows? They’re capable of everything now.

If the answer was obvious, we would already have some dev answer.

(edited by Keiran.1896)

Posted by: Aequitas.6402

Aequitas.6402

No offense, but nobody has any infos because ANet never said anything about a level cap increase. Far all we know, it can just as well stay the same for years to come. Or maybe instead of level increases we might get baby quaggans to follow us around and enhance our skills which is a thing ANet should really do now that I think about it.

Fox.3469

No offense, but nobody has any infos because ANet never said anything about a level cap increase. Far all we know, it can just as well stay the same for years to come. Or maybe instead of level increases we might get baby quaggans to follow us around and enhance our skills which is a thing ANet should really do now that I think about it.

this, GW1 never raised, i know this is a different game, but the only thing we do know is that they have actually confirmed legendairy’s will stay best in slot, that’s all

Fuz.5621

Best in slot… like exotics?

PowerCat.5738

The level cap increase has been confirmed since the beggining of the game:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLHfq2lJY5A&t=58m34s

“Q: What of the level cap? Have you guys decided whether you’re going to be increasing the level cap in future expansions?

Colin Johanson: Yeah. The level cap will be 80 on the initial release of the game, and we absolutely would increase it further into the game, probably through expansions is the most likely place we would do that."

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Colin_Johanson

Colin Johanson leads the development team that is responsible for building the content for Guild Wars 2, driving the direction and production of the games event system, personal character story, and all other content types within the game.

Further confirmed by Mike O"Brian:

http://www.gamefront.com/guild-wars-2-level-cap-raise-confirmed-for-future/

“In GW1 we never advanced the level cap through four campaigns/expansions. The game design didn’t allow for it. But GW2 was designed without those restrictions, and we’ve always expected that we will someday raise the level cap in GW2.”

(edited by PowerCat.5738)

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

The level cap increase has been confirmed since the beggining of the game:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLHfq2lJY5A&t=58m34s

“Q: What of the level cap? Have you guys decided whether you’re going to be increasing the level cap in future expansions?

Colin Johanson: Yeah. The level cap will be 80 on the initial release of the game, and we absolutely would increase it further into the game, probably through expansions is the most likely place we would do that."

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Colin_Johanson

Colin Johanson leads the development team that is responsible for building the content for Guild Wars 2, driving the direction and production of the games event system, personal character story, and all other content types within the game.

Further confirmed by Mike O"Brian:

http://www.gamefront.com/guild-wars-2-level-cap-raise-confirmed-for-future/

“In GW1 we never advanced the level cap through four campaigns/expansions. The game design didn’t allow for it. But GW2 was designed without those restrictions, and we’ve always expected that we will someday raise the level cap in GW2.”

What is that?
Looks like complete lie for me, and you say it’s confirmed.
First of all I fixed and put tt instead of xx in link hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLHfq2lJY5A&t=58m34s
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLHfq2lJY5A&t=58m34s)
what gives? Video is complete idiocy with low amount of views, no comments, horrible quality and obviously made by no-talents who’d never take an interview from gw2 producers.
Second link gets in your face(on 3rd party website of course) and says that Mike O’Brien said on reddit that level cap increase is confirmed. Instead the link to reddit gives you Chris Whiteside response how their team plans the future of the game. Needless to say, nowhere he mentions level cap increase but rather spread of ascended gear, dungeons upgrades, and other stuff that game needs.
And that’s not all. Not only links you gave are fakes – there is also a more-or-less confirmation from their team – on their own blog on their website(!!!)
Follow this link: http://www.arena.net/blog/progression-and-leveling-in-guild-wars-2
to check out their response. They clearly talk about level cap being set for game as 80.
EDIT: Apparently I can’t put active links through <a href=link>linkname</a> for some reason >< – instead website automatically does that.

(edited by Evalia.7103)

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

-snip-

-snip-

Doesn’t mean they’ll do it.

They said it was intended to be bis and that they will be raised when ascended weapons come out so they remain bis.

But they haven’t said anything specific on what happens after that. What happens after a level cap raise or another tier of gear after that? You see, their quote allows for them to deviate in the future.

For all we know at some point the level cap goes to 90 and new level 90 gear comes out with level 90 legendaries…they will be bis for level 90.

Do you honestly think that at that stage when a new level cap comes in that they will let people have level 90 weapons at level 80 right when that expansion comes out? I sincerely doubt it.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.