Level up animation intefering with combat

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: terrordrone.1875

terrordrone.1875

The level up animation is intefering with combat. It seems to cancel channel spells, as well as prevent any action for that 2-3 seconds when the toon does that whole “raise fist” animation.

Am I the only one getting this?

Posted by: Suz.2169

Suz.2169

It also knocks away everyone in a large area.

I’ve been both lucky enough to get a levelup when downed and almost stomped – raised me to full hp instantly(though it may have been rally, but rally usually leaves you at 30-50% hp) and knocked away and down the opponents trying to down me, and unlucky enough to have this happen to an enemy that was downed.

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

No, you’re not alone. I also was thinking about posting something similar, but I am too lazy lately having to translate from Spanish to English in order to put it in the forum :P

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

It actually interferes quiet often you are in combat most of the time when leveling imo. It only lasts a couple seconds so it doesn’t exactly leave me raged… but it IS quite silly to have an actual levelup animation that interrupts combat.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

It always screws you over in WvW if you’re melee. I always feel like a noob when I scatter a bunch of people -.-

One time I did knock someone off a cliff with the level up though…totally worth it.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

I can say that this didn’t happen to me one time during the entire level up process. It’s a fringe thing that in my opinion doesn’t warrant developer time to address.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It does have a small cast time, so if you spam, it’s possible to cancel it.

Posted by: terrordrone.1875

terrordrone.1875

I’m actually more annoyed when it happens in a dungeon because not being able to use skills at crucial moments because I levelled is really not something that should be intended. Especially if you’re trying to time your blocks on instagib hits.

The knockback doesn’t compensate since those mobs don’t get affected by it.

Really a stupid mechanic, if it was even intended.

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

Never noticed this, but if it interferes with gameplay it should be looked at. I encourage you to send the ticket to the developers about this matter. imagine the higlevel tournament where is money involved to have its outcome changed by levelup, it would make some people very unhappy.

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

One time I did knock someone off a cliff with the level up though…totally worth it.

Simply clasic

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i think leveling up during battle should cause some kind of aural explosion, knocking every back for 3,000 distance units, friend AND foe.

Posted by: CorruptedSave.2570

CorruptedSave.2570

I seem to be able to cancel it if I spam a lot. It should be changed though.

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

leveling up while gathering, stops the gathering prematurely

Posted by: Mediave.5132

Mediave.5132

I’ve actually had this happen SEVERAL times on my Thief, while using Dagger storm, which cancels the skill. This is my elite, and it puts it on cooldown (and almost everytime, I’ve only just started channeling the skill). This puts me in a very sour mood as it’s just killed my DPS on a large group of mobs for the next 7 seconds or so. =/

Posted by: lemonade.3487

lemonade.3487

It’s like, LEVEL UP! Raise your weapon and get mobbed…. QQ in orr its horror.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

It’d be funny to get right within 1 kill of a level up, then drag a low hp mob near a huge approaching enemy zerg in WvWvW and score the killing blow before they kill you, blasting 20 people off a bridge or something.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I think it’s cool. It’s only once per hour, and even then it so often happens after the event is done rather than during combat. A special treat, even after levels don’t mean anything.

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

It’s cut off my Dagger Storm a few times.

Posted by: Groovy.6749

Groovy.6749

I don’t think it is a problem, I learnt to work around it. Now When I know I’m just about to level up I just go in berserker style, not even bothering to dodge or care for my HP, massive burst oclock, as I know that in a second I will be feeling “SIX FEET TALL !!!!”.

It’s like a super heal that happens once every blue moon (or hour if you are lvl80 ). I know it can be annoying if it messes up your elite skill, but between choosing that…or a super heal, I’ll take the super heal anyday.

(edited by Groovy.6749)

Posted by: Aarioch.9650

Aarioch.9650

I don’t think it is a problem, I learnt to work around it. Now When I know I’m just about to level up I just go in berserker style, not even bothering to dodge or care for my HP, massive burst oclock, as I know that in a second I will be feeling “SIX FEET TALL !!!!”.

It’s like a super heal that happens once every blue moon (or hour if you are lvl80 ). I know it can be annoying if it messes up your elite skill, but between choosing that…or a super heal, I’ll take the super heal anyday.

I am a noob… so… you still see the animation after 80?

Posted by: Mediave.5132

Mediave.5132

Just to clarify, I don’t think anyone is asking that the level up animation stops doing (For the most part) what it does, just that it stops interrupting what your character is doing. Sorry, but I’d much rather NOT have my elite interrupted just because I got another skill point.