Level up scrolls ?

Level up scrolls ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

Are these things worth using? I can only see it if you have another max level character that you can use to bank gear to the other character. I liked the way EQ2 does it by also giving you the gear you need for that level. I’VE got a few of these things in the bank I’VE never used.

Level up scrolls ?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You mean Tomes of Knowledge? I use them anytime I’m leveling a new alt and want to reach the next milestone (level 50, 60, 70, etc.) or when I’m keyfarming.

Level up scrolls ?

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

Yeah those are the ones. Been thinking of trying one. I can’t sell them.

Level up scrolls ?

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Right now I have 370 in my bank.

Strangely I put quite a high price on them in terms of usefulness… yet haven’t really every used any myself on my main account. I’ve used a couple on my latest level 80 as I was sitting at level 78 after a map completion and wanted to jump into the level 80 PS.

I’ve used them on alt accounts to make use of my spare character slots. I get them to 21 and stick them on top of a JP so I have a chance of getting a few silver doubloons every day.

I might use some of the tomes on new characters, destined to become an elite spec, so I can get there a little bit faster… but I really do love the levelling experience so I’m not sure if I’ll use them at all!

I always use an insta-20 scroll on new characters just to jump that awkward bit early on where you have very few skills.

Using them for keyfarming seems like a good idea if you have no other use for them.

Level up scrolls ?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I use mine for key farming and I’ll use them on my Rev. If you use 8 per key farm that’s 32 a month.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Level up scrolls ?

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Now that keyfarming is dead, there isn’t really much use to them.

Level up scrolls ?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Those are very different from an EQ2 Heroic Character anyway.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Level up scrolls ?

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

When you enter the game after the initial instance you are dropped in you are level 2, not 0. So a 20 level scroll really only gives you 18 levels, and those first levels go fast anyway.

I would LOVE to see a change where you could use it anytime and go up 20 levels. Not that it is not handy to skip any levels but if I had a choice I would do something like 60 to 80.

Level up scrolls ?

Posted by: Necrotic.7820

Necrotic.7820

Are they worth it? Absolutely! I use mine anytime I make a new character so that I may skip the entire NPE effected levels.

With as quickly as levels can go in GW2, you don’t really need gear to be packaged with it. You can easily out level any gear you might get as well. I am speaking as an experienced player which means I know how to go about getting things done and ignoring the fluff.

There are gear boxes you can buy at the TP that will supply armor of a particular level but since it is a player crafted item, it may be hard to find the level you are looking for. The Laurel vendor also has crates but they contain one piece each.

Level up scrolls ?

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

It’s very good for ppl that dont wanna play pve to still get that level 80, so they can join wvw.

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.