Posted by: Gumby.9140

Gumby.9140

Does anybody know how many levels you get by doing 100% full map discovery

Weeaboo Slayer

Leveling By Map Discovery

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

More than 80. Are you asking how many Skill points you may end up with?

Posted by: Gumby.9140

Gumby.9140

More than 80. Are you asking how many Skill points you may end up with?

No levels i am currently level 26 ele and looking for different ways to level up instead of queens-dale train

Weeaboo Slayer

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Ive lever 4 character fully only map completion and everytime Ive got 40+% world completion, there are some events and gathering too, but I mean no champ arm/crafting or scrolls, always had food buffs and at least 40% the time exp/gathering buffs from banners or boosters. No dungeons either.

Each time took about 40hrs of game play.

SAB or RIOT

(edited by Faux.1937)

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

No, but far more than 80. I have a character that does only map discovery starting from the lowest level areas and moving up. At the end of starter areas he was at lvl 31. Right now he is at level 46 and only starting Gendarran.

Posted by: endirasae.3015

endirasae.3015

It’s probably hard to calculate, as experience you can get from certain things (like reaching a new zone, completing a Heart…) scales depending on your current level, from what I understand. I doubt anyone’s done a run of pure map completion without killing mobs, ressing people or harvesting nodes in between (all of which grant extra xp).

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Because you get plenty of exxperience from doing the heart quests, I am almost positive you would be lvl 80 by the time you finished the map 100%

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve leveled a couple mostly through map exploration and got to 80 way before I was finished with the maps. Throw in harvesting and events you run into and you level fast.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I had level 80 by the time I was about 55% map completion.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

It depend how much mobs you kill. I think if you “purposely” try to kill as little as possible, you should be able to get 100% mid 70.

Most people probably have daily, or kill more than they need so they’ll be lvl80 before 100% map completion.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I levelled my characters by doing map completions of all low-level maps, then moving up to the next set once I was done, along with harvesting, killing mobs and doing events. I was about level 17 when I completed the starter map, about level 33 when I completed all the starter maps. By the time I reached level 80, I was only just finishing the level 15 – 25 maps!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

All my characters reached level 80 well before getting to 100% world completion. Lowest was at about 35% i think. None of them used craft-levelling , champ train exp or any other forms of shortcuts. I just participated in most events that popped up near me while doing map completions. That was completely sufficient.

(well, i might have gotten a few levels with crafting, but i never had more than 2 crafts on a single character, and those stayed at tier 1 – tier 2 [lol, tier range shortcut got filtered? wtf?] till 80, so it couldn’t be more than, say, 5 levels total on a single char. Likely less)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Berformet.2981

Berformet.2981

I doubt anyone’s done a run of pure map completion without killing mobs, ressing people or harvesting nodes in between (all of which grant extra xp).

i got my thief to 80 from pure map comp, i never buy tools and only revive for heart completions (that may toss it a bit) but i hit 80 and had about 60% map comp.

/) /)
(^.^)b Cmdr Whíte Rabbit, The Bunny Mesmer
d(“)(”) Alias: Thalia Cereus, Cisna Brightwell, Toxic Bunny

Posted by: Berformet.2981

Berformet.2981

I doubt anyone’s done a run of pure map completion without killing mobs, ressing people or harvesting nodes in between (all of which grant extra xp).

i got my thief to 80 from pure map comp, i never buy tools and only revive for heart completions (that may toss it a bit), but i hit 80 and had about 60% map comp. again there were a few events in hearts to get them done also but its definitely doable

/) /)
(^.^)b Cmdr Whíte Rabbit, The Bunny Mesmer
d(“)(”) Alias: Thalia Cereus, Cisna Brightwell, Toxic Bunny

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

I brought 4 of my characters to lvl 80 with a mix of map completion, events on maps, gathering (good for crafting or good for selling the mats), doing dailys while exploring and a little crafting to keep them equipped on their respective level and reached lvl 80 at 35-40% completion.

I always thought one reaches lvl80 very quickly in this game.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Ive lever 4 character fully only map completion and everytime Ive got 40% + world completion, there are some events and gathering too, but I mean no champ arm/crafting or scrolls, always had food buffs and at least 40% the time exp/gathering buffs from banners or boosters. No dungeons either.

Each time took about 40hrs of game play.

This seems about right.

I leveled two characters without resorting to extremes of living story, EoTM or crafting XP- almost entirely doing map completion and open world stuff.

Both were ~ 40% completion at around 40-50 hours.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Dropp.6590

Dropp.6590

I’ve got a lvl 77 with 100% map completion, I took it as a challenge but got to 100% before lvl 80. But I did all dailies before I started exploring and killed as little as I could. I would say you get to level ~75 with pure exploring exp.

Attachments:

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

It depend how much mobs you kill. I think if you “purposely” try to kill as little as possible, you should be able to get 100% mid 70.

Most people probably have daily, or kill more than they need so they’ll be lvl80 before 100% map completion.

All 4 of my character was in the 40% marks and I only killed what the heart called for, its a WASTE to kill things that arnt with Hearts or Events, it takes up time and gives little exp. I also only gather if they was around the hearts, gathering is worth more than a kill most times

SAB or RIOT

(edited by Faux.1937)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I generally have 40-45% map completion by the time I hit 80. It’s well worth doing the end zones however, they give a guaranteed 2 exotics each and some of them have the really expensive uncraftable runes in them.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I can’t find the topic anymore, but I remember somebody showing 100% map completion while being around level 60-70. It might have been a fake. The person was careful not to participate in any event and get as few kills as possible, like doing hearts’ alternative ways of completing instead of blindly killing mobs.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)