Leveling Challenge for 2015

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mikei The Mighty.8690

Mikei The Mighty.8690

Having been an experienced player since launch, one thing that struck me recently was new players and how they level up.

Currently, i have a number of alts and i leveled them up either through EotM, Crafting, or tomes of knowledge.

But what if you were new to the game? Had no knowledge or skills or bank items? Well after being asked by a number of people, i decided to create a little series. I’m going to level up one of each race, without using tomes of knowledge, PvP, WvW, Crafting, the Trading post, or any other ways to level up. Only through the world and personal story will i level up. I’m hoping it’ll show how different leveling up is, compared to launch, as this is a new experience for me!

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

P.S. I haven’t chosen the professions!

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

I created a new character to try the new system as well. Mapping seems to be the best way to level if you exclude everything else. good luck with your leveling

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I think your opinion will be biased because you know the game already, so its easier to grasp for you. You also might have other account bound perks, like magic find, gold find and additional bank space. But good luck.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Mikei The Mighty.8690

Yeah your right, i do have the account bonuses, which i’ve mentioned in my video description so i’ll level that bit faster. And your right, maybe i will be a bit biased, but i’m approaching it from a players point of view that experienced the old system, and now comparing it to the new system. Also for new players, i’ll try to explain what i’m doing and why! Thanks for the feedback and wishes!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Excluding crafting would be wrong, I did plenty of crafting on my characters starting from headstart. TP use was spotty but that was involuntary.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

switch character at the dungeon cutscene after defeating final AC boss path 1 and 3. easy.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Mikei The Mighty.8690

Yeah i know u can switch character at dungeons, and you can use crafting, the point is that this is a CHALLENGE. Not to use “cheats”. I’ve got 19 chars and have always done crafting or using some of the 500 tomes of knowledge i have.

This time its gonna be through the world!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

If I want to level really fast in the open world, I run through each map by level and get everything but the hearts. It feels fast and the leveling from doing everything else is pretty significant on its own.

Posted by: MatthewCam.4391

MatthewCam.4391

I’m up to 19 alts, I think 3 were craft levelled, 2 purely map comp, 1 purely through through eotm and the rest were a mix. Map completion was actually really fun and I picked up a few things; my first of advice is to always always buy candied apples and sharpening stones (15% exp off apples and 10% off stones) the next would be to gather every node you come across and at least tag all events. This game grants you exp just by tripping over stuff so definitely take advantage of that. Sigils of speed are good for those early levels too when most classes don’t have access to their speed signets or traits.

Of course it’s a lot easier for veterans who’ve played the game for years now and know hearts like the back of their hand but I’ve found those tips do help people just starting out

Sea of Sorrows | Lt Mc Muffin
Don’t worry the games still in Beta.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Yeah i know u can switch character at dungeons, and you can use crafting, the point is that this is a CHALLENGE. Not to use “cheats”. I’ve got 19 chars and have always done crafting or using some of the 500 tomes of knowledge i have.

This time its gonna be through the world!

The point is that crafting is also a very natural part of leveling in GW2 …