Leveling Rewards

Leveling Rewards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Soylentt.6123

Soylentt.6123

Is there someplace I can see how the update changed the rewards you get when leveling? For example: We used to get 8 skill points at level 20. Do I get Hero Points now? Or do I get nothing?

Leveling Rewards

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

you get hero points. for 1-80 and from the former skill challenges

Leveling Rewards

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Hero points and Spirit Shards
Hero points and spirit shards represent an updated version of the previous skill point system. Hero points are used to unlock traits and skills. Spirit shards are used to purchase vendor items and used with the Mystic Forge. When you log in for the first time, you’ll notice that your character has a quantity of Hero points converted from the previous system. Your character’s Hero points are visible in the Training tab of the Hero panel. You’ll also notice that your character has a number of spirit shards converted from the previous system. Your spirit shards are visible in your character’s wallet. The Wallet button is located in the bottom-left corner of your Inventory panel.
Moving forward, you may earn Hero points by leveling up and completing hero challenges (previously skill challenges). You’ll be able to earn spirit shards through daily achievements, champion loot bags, PvP reward tracks, birthday gifts, and, once you hit level 80, from tomes of knowledge and regular drops from creatures.
Level Reward Changes

• Base attributes now increase at every level from 2 to 10 and every even level from 12 to 80.
  • Hero points are now earned every odd level from 11 to 80. A total of 398 points are earned through leveling.
  • Weapon skills now unlock by level 8.
  • Underwater weapon skills all unlock together at level 8.
  • Weapon swapping now unlocks at level 10.
  • Skill training now unlocks at level 11.
  • Utility skill slots now unlock at levels 11, 15, and 19.
  • Profession skills unlock at levels 5 (F1),11 (F2),15 (F3),19 (F4), and 31 (engineer F5).
  • The WvW tip has been moved to level 31, but characters may enter WvW at any level.
  • Specialization slots now unlock at levels 21, 45, and 71.
  • Various smaller milestones such as equipment slots, personal story steps, and tips have had their levels updated.

source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-23-2015/first#post5217689

basically they split the old Skill Point currency into 2 types, Hero Points and Spirit Shards. Hero Points are used for leveling and Spirit Shards are the new mystic forge currency.

Leveling Rewards

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Oops. I’ve been levelling a new character to try out the new system, and it somehow didn’t occur to me to note down what I got at each level to update the wiki.

Of course what would be best is if someone is using tomes of knowledge and/or a level 20 scroll and can do them all at once. But one way or another it should be updated.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Leveling Rewards

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

“Specialization slots now unlock at levels 21, 45, and 71” is a particular one to pay attention to. Even if you unlock the other lines before those levels you’ll only be able to have one active until lvl 45 or two until level 71. It’s not a huge deal, but it might change when you want to put points into various things.

Leveling Rewards

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

I haven’t been getting my hero points when I level, are they supposed to come as you hit each level, or do they all come at once when the other specializations get unlocked?

Tarnished Coast

Leveling Rewards

Arlee.7038

You start getting them at level 11 and get them every odd level from then on. I don’t know if it’s an equal number given each time or not.

Leveling Rewards

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

You start getting them at level 11 and get them every odd level from then on. I don’t know if it’s an equal number given each time or not.

Yeah, and I’m not receiving them on my leveling characters, all of whom are over 11. I grabbed 5 levels each on two different characters yesterday, didn’t get any new hero points.

Now, I did go and do some hero point challenges earlier, so do we think it’s not rewarding me hero points for leveling because I already got so many of those? If so, that makes no sense at all.

Tarnished Coast

Leveling Rewards

Arlee.7038

Yeah, and I’m not receiving them on my leveling characters, all of whom are over 11. I grabbed 5 levels each on two different characters yesterday, didn’t get any new hero points.

Now, I did go and do some hero point challenges earlier, so do we think it’s not rewarding me hero points for leveling because I already got so many of those? If so, that makes no sense at all.

No that shouldn’t be how it works at all. I’d say put in a ticket and ask about it because you definitely should be getting them and the Hero Challenges should just be extra.

Leveling Rewards

Posted by: Soylentt.6123

Soylentt.6123

Thanks for the info… I did level a toon a couple of levels and did note that I got 6 hero points at level 19 — but unfortunately he was already 17, so that’s all the reward I can really note here.

Leveling Rewards

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve levelled a new character from 1 – 16, entirely in the new system, and I’ve been getting hero points every other level since level 11.

Someone in another topic suggested you might not get them if your character had a build that cost more points than they had to unlock. For example if a low level ranger had Signet of Renewal, Viper’s Nest and Protect Me rather than saying you cannot afford all your skills and trying to choose which ones to give you the game ‘loans’ you skill points you will be earning later to get your build.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”