Leveling in different areas.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Keegan.4172

Keegan.4172

I’m aware that you can start leveling in different starting areas than the one you started in, but what’s the cost of doing that? You can’t really do your class quests because you don’t have the areas unlocked, but will that bring you down?
I’m tired of Queensdale and want a change of scenery.

(80s) Chronomancer, Reaper, Tempest, Druid, Berserker, Daredevil, Revenant.
(Below 80) Guardian, Engineer.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Then go to another starting zone? Just go to Divinity’s Reach, take the portal to Lion’s Arch and then the portal to whatever zone you want to level up in.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The portal to Lion’s Arch (LA) in Divinities Reach is in the garden in the center. It will take you to the portal Hub in LA. From there you can choose a portal to any other of the other racial cities then run to another portal to a starter zone. Some cities also have portals to non starter zone areas so check the level (by looking at a mob level or the map) after you go through.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Something like class quests do not exist. If you talk about the personal story, that is
totally optional and you don’t loose anything if you don’t play it at all or just later.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Class quest (I assume you mean personal story) takes place every 10 levels essentially now. Feel free to explore other areas. The personal story is not your primary way of leveling anyhow. I would recommend Sylvari or Norn areas if you want a scenery change.

Charr lands can be a bit bland.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Dulcinea.2640

Dulcinea.2640

Charr areas are the only areas with chili peppers, though, and they’re pretty valuable. And at least they’re fairly flat and easy to navigate. (Yes, bland.)

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

Go to wvw and use portal to LA then where ever you want. I found this fastest and cheapest. As long as there is no q.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Rather than WvW, click the PvP icon on the top-left of your screen. A quick run puts you through the portal to LA. No worries about queues, then.

And explore each of the towns as well, gives XP and rewards.

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

or you can use your capital city (in your case divinities reach) cheap wp cost to get the initial wp outside if you haven’t been inside yet and then a pretty easy run to the asura gate to LA

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Rather than WvW, click the PvP icon on the top-left of your screen. A quick run puts you through the portal to LA. No worries about queues, then.

And explore each of the towns as well, gives XP and rewards.

New accounts with low levels chars can’t go to WvW or PvP using the icons until levels 18 and 22, unless they unlock it by going through the portals in LA. Even though wiki says you can use a hotkey, if you try to use a hotkey before unlocking it nothing will happen (personal experience from my new alt account). So, I found that my new account had to first go through the LA WvW and PvP portals before the icons and hotkeys would work.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/New_Player_Experience#New_Player_Experience
“Notifications and icons for WvW and PvP will be displayed at levels 18 and 22. Players can access them before this time if they already know what to do (portals or hotkey).”

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)