Leveling is dreary and slow in my opinion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Senjai.6854

Senjai.6854

I’ve been trying to power through, after about, 15 hours or so I’m only level 25. All I want to do is play WvW, I understand I can enter at my level now, but I want to be competent and competitive. To do that I need endgame skills and equipment.

Am I doing something wrong? I feel if I had a party to level with me life would be much easier, but it’s almost as if people aren’t my level, or at level 80 already.

I’ve been pushing for 100%’ing most maps doing events along the way.

Cheers,

Senjai

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You want fast? You can craft yourself from 1 to 80 in as fast as you can have the mats and click the buttons (a few hours). Costs gold, but if you want L80 yesterday, it’s a serious option to consider.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

There’s nothing stopping you from going into WvW. Yes, you aren’t fully developed with your skills, but just joining a zerg capturing stuff and you will level up like crazy.

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

On Tarnished Coast, every time I try to ride the WvWvW zerg train, my repair bill levels up faster than my character.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Few things..

You can powerlevel via crafting.. 10 levels per 400 skill. I just took an alt warrior to 80 in under 10 hours. Did 20 levels pve, then 50 via crafting and last 10 in wpvp.

That said you can go wpvp early. Sure you will be easy kills, but if active there is really good exp for you. Do NOT forget to use the supplies and repair walls/doors.. Easy to get gold that way.

Also use siege as that will help you with kills.

Enjoy

Posted by: Enigma.7384

Enigma.7384

It’s definitely faster to go through the game with a friend. My friend and I played through the game together and reached level 80 fairly quickly, only took us about a week and our play time was very casual. I went through the game again solo this time and it took me around 2-3 weeks to do it, granted I took a few breaks here and there. All in all, it doesn’t take a tremendous amount of time to reach 80 in GW2. Just keep this in mind, once you reach 80 be prepared to have goals set or something in mind. Otherwise, the game is going to get real old real fast.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Honestly I’ve leveled faster in GW 2 than in any other MMO I’ve played bar GW1 .Dont forget about your personal story that can actually give you a fair chunk of XP . Between that map completion and events it goes pretty fast

Posted by: Voilodion.3791

Voilodion.3791

I’ve noticed that the leveling curve is much flatter here than in in other MMOs I’ve played. The early levels come much more slowly than in other games, but that time-per-level stays much more constant all the way to 80, so you don’t have your last 10 levels taking as much time as 1-70 did, as is common in other games.

As for WvW, unless you are specifically and solely aiming at solo or 5-man roaming skirmish groups, give up the need for endgame skills and equipment, and just get out there and start having fun. You’ll need time to get familiar with the maps, how siege works, and so on, and upleveled characters can do fine, and gain levels, while running with larger groups. I probably gained about half of my elementalist’s 80 levels in WvW, and it was almost always, “oh, look at that, I gained two levels in that session, didn’t even notice.”

Also, you might pick up a craft. I have been told that skilling a craft from 0 to 400 will net you about 10 levels, and I’ve found cooking at least to be quite useful. In keeping with that, always gather herbs, wood, and minerals as you’re running around. It’s easy xp, and will provide you with either raw materials for your craft, or money from selling the commodities.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I really don’t like leveling, and thus only have 1 alt. The dailies sure do help with it though, and the wvw train is nice as well since repair costs are pretty much nil with low gear.

But it’s nice to revisit those starter zones once in a while.

I like using jeweler, since all the recipes are straight forward, though chef is definitely more cost effective.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Senjai.6854

Senjai.6854

Thank you guys for your replies. I’ll try to find a leveling partner. Maybe I’ll try to be supportive in WvW. As this is my first character, crafting isn’t too much of an option.

The 1-70 being the same as 70-80 is a valid argument I should have to remember.

I appreciate all the support.

Senjai

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

wvw? find a group raiding towers and camps at off-hours, stick close to someone in their 80’s, level fast. I started my engi in wvw around lvl 20 but could have started sooner. Also, when doing that, make sure you run the JP to get some blueprints and always keep supplies on you.

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Is it kosher to say something like “looking for leveling party” in WvWvW chat? I’ve never tried it, because I don’t know if people would yell at me for being a parasite, or whether that’s actually the norm.

I just don’t want to get killed by blue diamonds who run into pointless battles because they want to “win” WvWvW.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

levelling is pretty fast, and if you want to WvWvW, just do it.

You can still contribute, and capping bases is loads of XP, if you cap SM, there is a level all by itself usually!

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

I lvled 6 chars just doing wvw.
stick to the commanders and just enjoy the game.

before you know it you will be lvling up pretty fast,as long as you don’t keep watching the xp meter,as then it will seem real slow.

Daywolf.2630

Is it kosher to say something like “looking for leveling party” in WvWvW chat? I’ve never tried it, because I don’t know if people would yell at me for being a parasite, or whether that’s actually the norm.

I just don’t want to get killed by blue diamonds who run into pointless battles because they want to “win” WvWvW.

Seems like half the people there are adjusted to 80. You just toggle your lfg, join in. You are going to get wiped, my engi has many-many /deaths It’s part of the game, especially wvw. If death bothers you, roll a thief.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

On Tarnished Coast, every time I try to ride the WvWvW zerg train, my repair bill levels up faster than my character.

Role play a naked berserker.

Daywolf.2630

Oh… that’s because my d/d stealth thief cammander is circling your TC zerg randomly firing shortbow #1 into it racking up full bloodlust stacks real quick like. But like I said, off-hour capturing with parties is good exp gain, that I’ve noticed.