Leveling is too slow

Leveling is too slow

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vengeance.3509

vengeance.3509

It’s painstaking slow to level. All you do is run around doing hearts. The only part of the game I enjoy is PvP, but I get stomped because every-one else is lv 80

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

By PvP you mean Wvw?
I ask because in PvP everyone is lvl 80 and all the gear is the same.

Also, GW2 have one of the faster (if not the faster) leveling to max I’ve ever seem.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

O_o Troll? I am not sure…

I’ll bait if so…

In PvP level does not matter.
So look at this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/New-to-PvP-Start-here/first#post3420542

If you mean WvW you will be scaled to level 80 but without skills and Traits so if you wanna do WvW but still wanna “feel” usefull I advice you to start at Edge of The Mists.

All and all about leveling. GW2 is one of few MMO’s where you level up realy quick. Don’t do Tasks(Hearts) if they are booring, do Events and Skillpoints (You will need them) vistas and PoI’s and more. Do Dungeons they give you 80% level up and Exp during the dungeon usually gives you the other 20% so you will level one level per dungeon.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

you pvping in wvw? Because spvp has fixed. If you want a faster way to lvl go to edge of the mists< press “b” select edge of the mists, if you are green there 9 hours of auto attack spam and you 80, if you’re another color it takes a little bit more, still way better the lvling on pve

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: vengeance.3509

vengeance.3509

I’ll bait if so…

So look at this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/New-to-PvP-Start-here/first#post3420542

If you mean WvW you will be scaled to level 80 but without skills and Traits so if you wanna do WvW but still wanna “feel” usefull I advice you to start at Edge of The Mists.

All and all about leveling. GW2 is one of few MMO’s where you level up realy quick. Don’t do Tasks(Hearts) if they are booring, do Events and Skillpoints (You will need them) vistas and PoI’s and more. Do Dungeons they give you 80% level up and Exp during the dungeon usually gives you the other 20% so you will level one level per dungeon.

Sorry never knew that

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Troll is troll, and a bad one at that.

Leveling is too slow

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I’ll bait if so…

Sorry never knew that

Don’t worry, I am sorry if I may have been rude. I hope some of the things I linked and said have helped you enjoy the game.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ll bait if so…

Dungeon paths are 70% of a character level, not 80%. However, yes, they are a wonderful means of leveling a character if you can find people to give you a hand. My husband and I three-manned CM 1+3 many times with a guildie, 2 people swapping out to characters there were leveling during (or just before) the final cutscene.

OP, here is the wiki link to the experience page. You can look here to see how much you get for an assortment of things. It can be very helpful.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experience#Mechanics

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Leveling is too slow

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I’ll bait if so…

Dungeon paths are 70% of a character level, not 80%. However, yes, they are a wonderful means of leveling a character if you can find people to give you a hand. My husband and I three-manned CM 1+3 many times with a guildie, 2 people swapping out to characters there were leveling during (or just before) the final cutscene.

OP, here is the wiki link to the experience page. You can look here to see how much you get for an assortment of things. It can be very helpful.

Darn it!!! I was wrong!!!! I was 10% off!!! But hey not bad as I have never looked it up, I just guessed.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I, uh….what? I leveled my last character to 80 in 20hrs play time. No tomes, just EoTM train.

OP, exploring and doing hearts is one of the slowest ways to level.

Suggestions: make sure to do the dailies. You get XP scrolls for completing them. Also simply logging in will net you Tomes of Knowledge that grant you a free level once a week or so.

Try actual PvP (not WvW). The reward tracks reward Tomes of Knowledge quite frequently.

If you insist on simply doing hearts/exploring. Make sure you hit every POI, vista, and skill point in the area. They are worth more XP than you might expect.

Also, if you ever see an event, go do it. They will give you more XP per time played than hearts will.

Gather every node you see while exploring. That XP adds up.

Finally, if you really, really just want to hit 80 ASAP. Jump into Edge of the Mists, locate the commander tag on the map, make your way there, then simply follow along with them. You will get XP out the wazoo.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’ll bait if so…

Darn it!!! I was wrong!!!! I was 10% off!!! But hey not bad as I have never looked it up, I just guessed.

It was a good guess. Originally I thought it was 75%, before I did actually look it up.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

It’s painstaking slow to level. All you do is run around doing hearts. The only part of the game I enjoy is PvP, but I get stomped because every-one else is lv 80

You are seriously got to be joking! Have u played any other MMO’s? You don’t know what slow lvling means if u consider gw2 lvling too slow. How about where it takes you well over a month just to gain one lvl? I played another game where the last lvl took me several months. Granted i didn’t play as much as some people but still i killed 1000’s of enemies and did 100’s of quests and no matter what i did, i hardly saw my bar progress at all. It was the most horrible experience ever!

If anything, gw2 lvling is way too fast. I think the first time you lvl they should slow it down, at least double the time it takes, but if u create an alt, they should leave it as is currently.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Someone complained about levelling being to fast the other day, so I guess theres plenty of varying opinions.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Spirigo.2897

Spirigo.2897

Also once you reach lvl80 and start to PvP/do dailies you will get Tomes of Knowledge. A consumable item that allows you to up one level. Think Rare Candy.

That makes levelling alts super easy.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

As others have said here…..Dungeons and EotM for really fast leveling.

And compared to other, older mmorpgs out there, GW2 has lightning fast leveling.

And as the poster above me said….you do dailies, you’ll get around 6 or so tomes of knowledge in a 28 day span…….that is pretty easy extra levels for doing nothing but logging in each day. And playing PvP will also give you tomes on a fairly regular basis.

There are all sorts of ways in the game to speed up the leveling process.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Also once you reach lvl80 and start to PvP/do dailies you will get Tomes of Knowledge. A consumable item that allows you to up one level. Think Rare Candy.

That makes levelling alts super easy.

Why wait till 80? You can start doing the PvP stuff as soon as you get out of the starting tutorial.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

EotM
tl:dr: EotM

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

When you think Leveling is slow here, then you play this game totally wrong and you are bad at playing this game, seriously.
Otherwise, definetely a Troll Post, if the OP is no Newbie…
You get Exp for basically everything what you do in this game and there are tons of ways to even increase significantly the amount of Exp you gain from killing enemies.
Once you can do dungeons, you have a way to get 1 guaranteed level up with every dungeon run you do and you will do plenty enough of runs as a Newbie to work on your first easy exotic armor set…

Exploring, Events, Personal Story and Crafting are the other gap closer options with that you can quickly level up, if you are bored from PvP (where everyone is automatically Max Level) farming for Level Up Tomes, making PvP Dailies for more Level Up Tomes or running in circles with Karma Trains in WvW for makign quickly lots of Events that give you fast exp. while working also on your WvW Ranks…

Then theres direct Exp givers from PvE dailies, which give you a certain % of exp to get a level up…

So seriously, anyone who complains here about levleign beign too slot, must play this game seriously really bad and absolutely wrong and must waste his/her time with alot of things that don’t let him/her progress quickly in the levels….
But even such minor tasks like gatherign materialsxgives you Exp…

sometimes I believe, when I see threads like that, that just only the suggestion is missing, I want to receive also Exp while I AFK around >.>
Seriously, there is no single MMORPG out there, in where it is easier to reach Max Level, than in GW2!!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: SunKing.6743

SunKing.6743

When you think Leveling is slow here, then you play this game totally wrong and you are bad at playing this game, seriously.
Otherwise, definetely a Troll Post, if the OP is no Newbie…
You get Exp for basically everything what you do in this game and there are tons of ways to even increase significantly the amount of Exp you gain from killing enemies.
Once you can do dungeons, you have a way to get 1 guaranteed level up with every dungeon run you do and you will do plenty enough of runs as a Newbie to work on your first easy exotic armor set…

Exploring, Events, Personal Story and Crafting are the other gap closer options with that you can quickly level up, if you are bored from PvP (where everyone is automatically Max Level) farming for Level Up Tomes, making PvP Dailies for more Level Up Tomes or running in circles with Karma Trains in WvW for makign quickly lots of Events that give you fast exp. while working also on your WvW Ranks…

Then theres direct Exp givers from PvE dailies, which give you a certain % of exp to get a level up…

So seriously, anyone who complains here about levleign beign too slot, must play this game seriously really bad and absolutely wrong and must waste his/her time with alot of things that don’t let him/her progress quickly in the levels….
But even such minor tasks like gatherign materialsxgives you Exp…

sometimes I believe, when I see threads like that, that just only the suggestion is missing, I want to receive also Exp while I AFK around >.>
Seriously, there is no single MMORPG out there, in where it is easier to reach Max Level, than in GW2!!

I mean, you can buy 9/10 of your level cap in WoW, so… ¯\(’- ’)

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I wish they would bump the exp in PVE exploring and hearts. That IS boring. EOTM is pretty good though.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)