Leveling is too slow

Leveling is too slow

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Novalitus.7382

Novalitus.7382

Hey all,

The leveling up in GW2 is pretty slow in my experience.
Knowing the level cap is 80 and I can start using the trait system at 30 it takes a long time to even reach level 30 for me.

Been playing numerous hours/days now and I’m still only like level 20. And I am doing -all- the quests and even some WvWvW to rake in some experience.

Is there a secret trick or way to level? Right now it’s so kitten slow that I am worried I’ll reach the ‘’interesting stuff’’ in months.. Only to maybe find out the traits my class has to it’s use aren’t all that cool.

So my question to the other users. How did you level up? Is it really that slow? What can I do best to level fast, yet not power leveling though.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Events give more exp than “quests”, if you are skipping the events you are missing a huge chunk of exp. Explore, harvest, craft, do dailies all give exp as well. It does sound slow for doing things for days and you are not level 20. Read the stickied posts on top of the player helping player forum.

Leveling is too slow

Novalitus.7382

Events give more exp than “quests”, if you are skipping the events you are missing a huge chunk of exp. Explore, harvest, craft, do dailies all give exp as well. It does sound slow for doing things for days and you are not level 20. Read the stickied posts on top of the player helping player forum.

Thank you.
I’m feeling pretty dumb now but I cannot find the topic you’re refering to.
There are a few similars but they do not tell me what events takes place where and when. They give me advise like: ‘’do events’’ but unless they mean I need to roam the map randomly, hoping to stumble upon an event I am still pretty clueless.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: GenoUnknown.7504

GenoUnknown.7504

I usually just go for map completions, but I have a lot of left over EXP boosters and such from my first time completing the map that those help. There is also food that can increase you’re experience by 15% or something like that. (Can’t remember what food it is, I’ve used it once).

Events are a great way for experience as well. I also wait to do my personal stories until later as they give experience relative to your level. At least I think they do, don’t quote me on that.

Kisu Beki(Guardian) | Suki The Great (Warrior) | Suki Grimm (Necromancer)
Geno Bishou (Elementist) | Suki The Huntress (Ranger) | Geno The Unknown (Thief)

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Events are not fixed for the most part, world bosses are an exception. They are tied to events that need to be triggered by players or to previous events succeeding or failing. In the gw2 wiki in each map explanation there is a list of events and locations. Just finding them as you explore is fun though.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

I agree. Way way to slow. :/

Attachments:

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Rush is Right.9723

Rush is Right.9723

Events and personal story give a lot of experience. Also crafting gives a lot of experience as well. Take your time as leveling is the best part of the game.

Leveling is too slow

Novalitus.7382

Lol how did you do that?

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Lol how did you do that?

Experience Scroll + 60 Tome of Knowledge.

Not that either are easy to come by…

Leveling is too slow

GenoUnknown.7504

Lol how did you do that?

Yeah the easiest way (As far as I’m aware) to get Tomes of Knowledge was Crown Pavilion, and the experience scroll is when a character turns 1 year old.

Geno Bishou (Elementist) | Suki The Huntress (Ranger) | Geno The Unknown (Thief)

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

I don’t think it’s too slow at all.

On the other hand, it is kinda of boring and pointless.

They should just remove levels.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

The events are where you see an NPC with an orange icon over their head or see a big area with an orange circle. To trigger an event NPC just go talk to them. Any orange circles indicate an event in progress so just join in.

I agree leveling is too slow. Oh find a food that gives you some added power and XP that will help. You can do the karma train in Edge of the Mists also. I wish there were faster ways but alas there are not.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

I dont understand the issue here. GW2 is one of the best games for quick leveling. Run events for quick leveling/WvW zerg trains also help leveling faster the game mechanics should not be changed any quicker. GW2 is perfect in my opinion.

Necromancer Main

Leveling is too slow

Novalitus.7382

I dont understand the issue here. GW2 is one of the best games for quick leveling. Run events for quick leveling/WvW zerg trains also help leveling faster the game mechanics should not be changed any quicker. GW2 is perfect in my opinion.

The game has a linear leveling curve.
It takes just as long to get from level 10 to 20 as it does to get from level 70 to 80.
While some agree this is good, I personally think it’s better to level up faster when you’re low level AND get the traits unlocked at low level so you can try out different classes.

Now you get to see if a class is ’’fun’’ after you’ve reached at -least- level 30. Elite skills become available at 20 and it takes a long time to get to level 20 already.

Quests don’t give you so much experience either and the main story line does, but has these level recommendations. For example when I am level 16, I cannot do the level 20 story line quest without dying every second. So the experience I get from finishing it may be more than normally, but it is not as frequent.

Leveling is too slow

GenoUnknown.7504

The game has a linear leveling curve.
It takes just as long to get from level 10 to 20 as it does to get from level 70 to 80.
While some agree this is good, I personally think it’s better to level up faster when you’re low level AND get the traits unlocked at low level so you can try out different classes.

Now you get to see if a class is ’’fun’’ after you’ve reached at -least- level 30. Elite skills become available at 20 and it takes a long time to get to level 20 already.

Quests don’t give you so much experience either and the main story line does, but has these level recommendations. For example when I am level 16, I cannot do the level 20 story line quest without dying every second. So the experience I get from finishing it may be more than normally, but it is not as frequent.

Elite skills are level 30.

Leveling is too slow

Novalitus.7382

Elite skills are level 30.

even worse.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Do your Dailies! And PS.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: Arcade Fire.4895

Arcade Fire.4895

The new trait system is pretty terrible. It makes leveling even worse than it already was. Kudos for making it really awful for newer players that already have no idea what they’re doing.

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Lol how did you do that?

Yeah the easiest way (As far as I’m aware) to get Tomes of Knowledge was Crown Pavilion, and the experience scroll is when a character turns 1 year old.

I earn them rather frequently in PvP, and I don’t PvP that much.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Hmm… play APB: Reloaded, then tell me about slow levelling.

Wow! I didn’t know they’d ported GW2 to the Commodore 64!

Leveling is too slow

Posted by: DivineRequiem.2710

DivineRequiem.2710

hahaha xDD

But anyway, I don’t know what MMOs you have been playing before GW2, but I have never reached lvl cap as fast as here. Fastest levelling to my knowledge.

If you are into grindy fast lvl-ing, do WvWvW. Just follow commanders. Same as doing events all the time. Another way to speed up levelling is by crafting.