Leveling up

Leveling up

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Syclantus.4621

Syclantus.4621

Whats the quickest way to lvl up? I will create a warrior for pve and farming and another character for pvp. So which places give the best loot and xp?

Leveling up

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might have just asked this question in your other thread. =)

Why would you want to level up quickly? Enjoy your time in Tyria. There are beautiful maps to explore, and much fun to be had. There isn’t anything totally different waiting in the max level zones, so take your time!

No leveling required to enjoy PvP, everyone is level 80 there.

Leveling up

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

PvE has advantages through crafting. With boosters, you can level rather quickly. Don’t PvP so can’t help you there. Welcome to the game.

Leveling up

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Go to Queensdale(human starting zone), unlock waypoints there, then join the champ train.

Alternatively, depend on which server you on, WvW can be a good place to level. (Not right now, since there is a tournament going on, and you will end up being food to the 80s.)

Leveling up

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Go to Queensdale(human starting zone), unlock waypoints there, then join the champ train.

Alternatively, depend on which server you on, WvW can be a good place to level. (Not right now, since there is a tournament going on, and you will end up being food to the 80s.)

The OP is a new player and I highly discourage him from leveling his first 80 via the champ train. Aside from the occasionally fun conversation within the train it is boring he will miss out on a lot.

I agree with IC. He should enjoy his first leveling experience by exploring, doing the hearts, harvesting as he explores, and all the other things that come with map exploration. It really doesn’t take that long to level because almost everything you do aside from standing around in main cities awards exp.

The Burninator

Leveling up

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Going to agree with Cedo and Trog.

OP, take your time leveling your first character. Take the scenic route, stop to smell the roses so to speak. Do the hearts, explore the maps, enjoy the story. Although I suggest doing the story in its ‘part’ chunks: ie level to 10, then do the first 5 (part 1), level to 25 then do the next 4 (part 2), etc. I think the story is a little better when it’s done in such a manner, a little more cohesive and enjoyable, but that might just be me.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Leveling up

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

What does this mean? Is it High Level players going to Queensdale and doing Champions there? If so, I’ll have to give it a try.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Leveling up

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yea PvP you can start at level 1, you are upleveled to 80 and get maxed stats like everyone else.

PvE, fastest leveling is: use experience scroll (level to 20 auto) first, craft up to 400 in two crafts, then do events/hearts/personal story. Always have your XP booster on. If you have a kill streak booster and use it properly, that’s even better.

Dungeons give pretty awesome XP too, if you can get some quick runs of a dungeon path in, like AC for example, you will level up quick.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Leveling up

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

for your first toon, just complete maps in level appropriate zones and keep up with your personal story. if the game takes you there, complete it. once you get the mail for a dungeon, go check it out. gather everything you see and craft as you gain the appropriate mats. you will naturally hit the level cap long before your story expects you to be there, and it makes for a nice journey.

for alts, I recommend my wife’s method:
craft as far as you can in chef until you run out of mats.
do the same in jeweler.
get some running skills and find as many waypoints as possible, just running through maps, hitting gathering nodes along the way.
if an event pops up nearby, DO IT. avoid hearts that take too long, far off vistas and poi’s. go out of your way for skill points.

by the time you have explored all the waypoints and kept up on crafting you will be well past 80. then actual map completion on your alt will be a breeze since you have all the waypoints open.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Leveling up

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Whats the quickest way to lvl up? I will create a warrior for pve and farming and another character for pvp. So which places give the best loot and xp?

What LastShot said.

Ride the champ train with your warrior. Go wvw and/or spvp with another character if you really want, but I would take your warrior (anet’s golden child). Then go unlock your waypoints at 80 when you get bored of farming and pvp.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.