Leveling up in Metrica... it's dead

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vaelic.2497

Vaelic.2497

no one to group with and on a very high pop server. should I just move to Queensdale?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You will probably find more players in Queensdale as opposed to other starter maps. It seems to be the popular place to start leveling. Some of that I think has to do with it being somewhat easier to navigate and some events easier as a whole. Human is also the most popular race. Also a lot of people go there to run the champion circuit.

The Burninator

Posted by: Sps.7862

Sps.7862

Well, it’s arguable. There are more events in Queensdale, although there is Fire Elemental in Metrica. On Jade Quarry, whenever I go to Metrica, there’s always people there.

I guess it’s a matter of server.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Well, it’s arguable. There are more events in Queensdale, although there is Fire Elemental in Metrica. On Jade Quarry, whenever I go to Metrica, there’s always people there.

I’m on TC and there are always many more people in Queensdale. Metrica and the other starter maps are not barren by any means but you are more likely to run into larger groups of players in Queensdale and /map is more active. From my experience Caledon Forest is the most barren. I hate that place and most of my characters are Sylvari.

The Burninator

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

And Shadow Behemoth is in Queensdale. I think it’s because it’s just easier to explore. No mountains and stuff.

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Metrica is funner IMO. I always level alts there, and I myself am also a TCbaby.

Queensdale is popular because there’s ALWAYS champs to farm there. So there’s no real incentive to go anywhere else when you have bandit, behemoth, oak heart, wasp queen, boar and troll popping up every time you kill the one before it.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Soronthar.7236

Soronthar.7236

ofc, the fact that new human chars outnumber new asuran chars has absolutely nothing to do with it

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Just finish the metrica map and move on to the other 4 maps. But the time you are done, you will be higher lvl than the next set of maps.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

There are more events in Queensdale,

The number of events is the same in both areas.

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

There are more events in Queensdale,

The number of events is the same in both areas.

There are definitely more people in Queensdale though. Easy champions and a majority play humans.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Queensdale is more open, easier to travel around in and has more champions than the other starter zones. It also just looks tidier on the map and minimap which again helps for navigation. Seven Star you left out the Champion Spider. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

no one to group with and on a very high pop server. should I just move to Queensdale?

Metrica is dead? Well you’re not doing Metrica any favors by running off to Queensdale.

IMO, large teaming is over rated. My most fun in the game happens to be running into a guildmate or two in a random zone and just joining up and doing stuff around. IMO, group events feel optimally run by 3-4 people, keeping the challenge up while making the events completable without a huge fuss.

Of course, guild missions with a hoard can be fun too depending on what you’re running…

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Queensdale and Wayfarer foothills are my favorite starting zones. Reasons why I didn’t like the other zones is usually one of the following

1. A bit confusing to navigate or tedious (this was the biggest problem with metrica)

2. Bland enviroment. Queensdale has rich and vibrant colors with an amazing NPC player interaction all over the map. Wayfarer foothills has this NPC interaction, but also captures the norns culture very well with the homesteads and the starting area. Metrica, Caldeon, and Plains of Ashford got very old for me.

3. Lack of players. I love interacting with players. If I can’t find anyone, I can’t really get into it.

Though I do have a few “zen” spots in these starting zone maps. I like to go there and talk with friends or just talk in map chat to a few players.