Levvi's Device

Levvi's Device

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

The images fade so quickly it is hard to tell what you are looking at. Additionally the image is buried if you are on any sort of terrain that is not absolutely flat. I tried underwater and it does not appear to work there.

Levvi's Device

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve found the best thing is to zoom way in while facing down hill or standing on the edge of something. They’ll show up in the air.

Levvi's Device

Aerinndis.2730

Yes. Bit of a pain though. I have to try again to see if it shows anything underwater. The first time I tried it did not seem to work. Definitely some issues with this.

Levvi's Device

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

Wait, you’re actually get images? I’ve tried clicking it in different maps, always in a flat place, and I scroll my camera around and around myself to make sure I don’t miss anything, and I’m not getting anything. Neither are some others in multiple map chats.

Levvi's Device

Donari.5237

If none of the beasts are active for spawning, you’ll get a fizzle. Just a little sparkle. If they’re up, you’ll get a red cloud on top of an image of the type of critter that has gone bloodcrazed. They show up in front of where you are facing (which is why I said to face down hill — they tend to be in the ground a little).

I have max graphics settings, that may be a factor.

Levvi's Device

Embered.5089

If none of the beasts are active for spawning, you’ll get a fizzle. Just a little sparkle. If they’re up, you’ll get a red cloud on top of an image of the type of critter that has gone bloodcrazed. They show up in front of where you are facing (which is why I said to face down hill — they tend to be in the ground a little).

I have max graphics settings, that may be a factor.

If it only works in max graphics, then I won’t be able to see them. I can only play on minimum settings.
I don’t get the fizzle/sparkle, either. It’s just a piece of junk in my inventory right now.

Levvi's Device

Donari.5237

In that case ask in Map for someone to list what’s currently showing. Tons of people are hauling the detectors around. In fact if you monitor Map chat in the spawn maps, you’ll see people commenting “X up” to say a specific one has shown on their detector.

Levvi's Device

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

It is extremely unintuitive and confusing. The concept is great – the implementation needs a little polish.

We need a better way to see when nothing is active – and a clearer image when things are active.

Levvi's Device

Embered.5089

In that case ask in Map for someone to list what’s currently showing. Tons of people are hauling the detectors around. In fact if you monitor Map chat in the spawn maps, you’ll see people commenting “X up” to say a specific one has shown on their detector.

.-. i guess i’m there at the wrong times then, cuz I went around a few of the spawn maps and no one knows what to do. most people tell me that their device isn’t showing anything, either.

as an update, i do get the sparkles. but in order to see it, i need to move my inventory all the way to the edge of my screen and spam the device 20 times. one out of 20 times, it’ll make a spark. the rest of the times, it’ll either not do anything or make a quick bubble that’s so faint, it could pass as a glare on my screen.

Levvi's Device

Aerinndis.2730

The images spawn in a semi circle in this order: Arctodus, Wyvern, Moa, Shark and Devourer so at least if you see the red spot you can sort of figure out what is up but good luck finding where.

A lot of folk are going to squads and spreading folk across maps so they can figure out when the spawn is to get there in time. If you get to a map with a lot of folk ask if there is a squad up checking for spawns. Folk have been great about sharing info as we learn about when they spawn.

Levvi's Device

Aerinndis.2730

Down side is you really need to know what IP the event is spawning in to get there. Being in a squad and someone just pings the WP and you can still end up in a nada map… Not good.

Very frustrating for folk who have to wait to get the next round and I have heard some vocal ones…. This needs a better design for figuring out where these beasties might be. Good try, Anet, for trying to do something different but the waiting and trying to figure out which IP/map the event is in and then the challenge of getting there before it is over is a bit much. Needs some tweaking for sure. The beasties die way before a lot of folk can figure out which IP/map to get to.

The bloodstone node search was straight forward and pretty easy to find. I just happen to get one beastie because I was in the same map looking for the node when the beastie popped. The others I relied on being in a squad with folk spread over the possible spawn maps. Even that was a crap shoot as someone might be in a different IP than the one linked that I ended up in. Thank goodness for being able to join another squad member in another IP….

Levvi's Device

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I can get the device to work reliably, but it offers me less information than asking in /guild or /map chat or /dulfy or /wiki. Sure, it shows some (cute little) miniatures and that’s sort of fun. But: doesn’t tell me when or where or how much time I have to get there.

Suggestions:

• Make the icons last longer. Maybe double-click to turn on the device; double click again (or, hey, use the special action key) to make them disappear.
  • Give us a way to make them more visible without being forced to find a wall or something of the right color.
  • Have them spit out some useful chat text, such as “moa & devourer sensed — expect criticality in 10-30 minutes.”
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Levvi's Device

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s not predicated on max graphics settings. I have the lowest of the low, and they show up easily for me.

Of course, I’ve only tried it in the Royal Terrace….if that makes any difference.

Levvi's Device

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Suggestions:

• Make the icons last longer. Maybe double-click to turn on the device; double click again (or, hey, use the special action key) to make them disappear.
  • Give us a way to make them more visible without being forced to find a wall or something of the right color.
  • Have them spit out some useful chat text, such as “moa & devourer sensed — expect criticality in 10-30 minutes.”

I agree with these. I took me a lot of extra time just trying to find and decipher which mobs were shown because if you’re not zoomed in and facing downhill the render in the terrain.

I would also add that maybe the Shark population of Mt. Maelstrom should be significantly increased considering they are non agro.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Levvi's Device

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Oh wait. It actually works? I tried clicking it yesterday, got some sound effect, but nothing else. Don’t even know what to expect…

Levvi's Device

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Oh wait. It actually works? I tried clicking it yesterday, got some sound effect, but nothing else. Don’t even know what to expect…

If you don’t see anything then the event cycle is in cooldown. Typically you’ll see up to three of the red bloodstone mist clouds with a model (similar to the mini pets) for each of the ones that are active. You won’t see a text notification when you click it like the one for the anomaly.

As long as you’re on a map, you should see the map wide notification that it spawned as well as the boss icon on the map. The device technically isn’t a necessity to complete the collections so there’s no need for anyone to stress over it too much.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Levvi's Device

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I can’t be the only person who plays with their inventory window resized to cover most of the screen.

So I double-clicked quite a few times before I realised that the very short animation was happening behind the inventory window. I genuinely thought that the double-click was doing nothing at all. So, yeah, not very well thought out really.

Levvi's Device

Posted by: JADE.1702

JADE.1702

Device does not work. anywhere or at anytime . underwater or on the land. typical.

Levvi's Device

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

^Perhaps, your client is in need of -repair. It works fine on my account.

Do be aware: if used during the ‘breaks’, nothing but some sparkles show up, and sometimes one must click more than once.

Levvi's Device

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Would be lovely if the Dev who designed this could explain their thinking, because I am baffled.

What were you trying to achieve?, No one complained about the anomaly device from the previous event which worked perfectly well – What was wrong with displaying a nice big clear system message when clicked that informed the player ‘A crazed x has been spotted on map Y’?

Levvi's Device

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Would be lovely if the Dev who designed this could explain their thinking, because I am baffled.

What were you trying to achieve?, No one complained about the anomaly device from the previous event which worked perfectly well – What was wrong with displaying a nice big clear system message when clicked that informed the player ‘A crazed x has been spotted on map Y’?

^ I second this. I’m also very curious what they were thinking.