Life After Mastery - Return of Spirit Shards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Potentially at this point a good portion of the population has finished their mastery options in Tyria and/or Maguuma. What that leaves players with is XP that goes no where. New teaser events (which are fun thank you) are also giving out reward items that add significant amounts of XP to the mastery lines. Under the old system players had the sense that even though they were capped they were still progressing since the XP bar would just loop and the player was awarded with a form of currency for doing so. Now they are left with something that feels lacking. I would recommend that either spirit shards or something return to fill that gap. It could be simply a level up chest that ANet could then adjust what is inside to level out issues in game or have some random coin/loot/seasonal items inside. Something to acknowledge that the player looped a level. Players understand that additional mastery lines are planned in the future but there is probably now enough data to show that there might be time where mass amount of XP go no where so why not have a backup system in place versus create a sense the journey is over. Food for thought, good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

The removal of looping-leveling when HoT Masteries were added was probably the biggest reason I delayed getting HoT even after I decided I would buy it. I love HoT, but I do miss the level-looping.

If I’m gunna dream, I might as well dream big: if a similar looping-style system were added back in on the mastery tracks, I’ll love to see that reward be themed to a specific track selected. Maybe something like Pact Scout’s Mapping Materials for Pact Commander Mastery, or Mystic Coins for Legendary Crafting Mastery, or Encryption Keys or Fractal Relics for Fractal Attunement Mastery…

~EW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Like a lot of people, XP no longer has value to me. I would like to see some sort of reward for XP, especially since I have all sorts of unused and unneeded boosters.

However,

• I doubt ANet wants to include spirit shards as part of those rewards— they deliberately divorced these from XP.
  • I don’t want to see spirit shards included — they accumulate quickly in a variety of ways. Only people impatient to use certain mystic forge recipes (including for legendaries) run out… and they only do so in the short run. In the long run, there aren’t nearly enough sinks for shards.

I’d rather see ANet offer something else instead.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I too am in favor of always receiving a reward for leveling up, even if it is a chest with random loot. Plus, with the 1-80 level up rewards, we are conditioned to expect a reward. Then nothing.

And I will add: Don’t forget the core accounts! Right now my alternate accounts, which don’t have HoT, get nothing for leveling a toon beyond 80. That leaves me with a real blah feeling when considering whether to jump in some event or take the time to rez an NPC. My core account with 5 level 80’s is even worse, they are the last to go do something like a world boss, since they get the least rewards — at least that’s the feeling.

This topic rises quite often, so I hope Anet is listening.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

We really are in an entitled era it seems.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

When I maxed out tyria mastery, it felt really weird to not get anything for XP, but over time I’ve come to appreciate it; I no longer feel compelled to look at my XP bar and get lured into “only a few more and I’ll ding again”. To me, the lack of “reward” for XP is a reward in itself since my game has become more relaxed since.

I can’t wait to max out HoT masteries so I don’t have to worry about XP ever again!

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

TheGrimm.5624

Its not about entitlement, its about still having a feeling of progression even if its a false one. You never want players to reach “The End”. GW2 is one of the few games where the game keeps going even after reaching max level. The looping level 80 created part of that never ending feeling.

DeanBB.4268

And it’s not really entitlement since:

1) The game originally rewarded post-80 levels with skill points, a commodity. This was taken away.

2) The 1-80 leveling brings a reward of some sort at each level, creating the expectation that leveling is rewarding.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Its not about entitlement, its about still having a feeling of progression even if its a false one. You never want players to reach “The End”. GW2 is one of the few games where the game keeps going even after reaching max level. The looping level 80 created part of that never ending feeling.

^^This.

Character progression is a foundational feature of RPGs. MMORPGs are no exception. The feeling that your character is innately growing, evolving, and getting stronger is a huge draw to play a game. That can easily come in the form of level rewards – because these are benchmarks of character growth. And they are pre-determined benchmarks, not self-created, which can be important factor for many people to recognize/feel that growth.

The “rewards” don’t necessarily need to be items, but that system is what’s essentially being requested… it just happens to loop at 80.

I hope my suggestion above didn’t come off as entitled… I was hoping it would be read as a suggestion for personalizing that system/loop just a little bit.

~EW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t really care if they give something, but whatever it is, not Spirit Shards. I get those as drops and for Dailies all the time.

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

I agree that there should be something given for leveling after mastery cap. Progression is a game design mechanic, not some entitlement…we are playing a game…rewards are part of the core design mechanic.

There will be however more masteries added, but the system should be designed from the ground up to handle what happens at cap. End game design.

Ellieanna.5027

1) The game originally rewarded post-80 levels with skill points, a commodity. This was taken away.

2) The 1-80 leveling brings a reward of some sort at each level, creating the expectation that leveling is rewarding.

It totally is entitlement.

What did you use skill points for?
1) Upgrading seige (Oh, look spirit shards)
2) Buying legendary comments as required (Oh, look, more spirit shards)
3) Those Myani (Mystic Forge Chick) items (Oh, Even more spirit shards)

So everything you used skill points for, are now spirit shards. Oh… We get those easier now.

Explain to me how that is not entitled? We lost nothing (actually we’re getting more) and yet some feel they deserve more now.

DeanBB.4268

How about this. I’m a dog (a ginger dog, even). For 80 days I do a trick and get a reward. Sometimes, it is a dog treat, others a bit of bacon, but some kind of reward. Then I stop being rewarded.

Now I feel less than motivated to keep doing the trick (and more motivated to drag my bum across the carpet, but that’s neither here nor there). It’s not that I no longer get a specific dog treat, but that I get no reward at all after having learned that doing my trick lead to some sort of happiness afterwards.

It’s not about spirit shards, and I (and others) said that. Heck, a chest with random junk is still a reward. I did like someone’s post about “reward tracks,” that sounds kinda fun.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Whether it be spirit shards or something of similar value, I’d like to see the progression return. It’s not necessarily frustrating, but there is a sense of “this is getting me nowhere” when your XP counts for nothing. It is frustrating when finishing these events and you get the fake loot that just disappears into nothing because you’re already maxed out on XP. It would be nice if at least the books were an item in inventory that you could double click at a later time (assuming Anet ever adds more tyrian mastery points).

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

I’m tired of suggesting this.

Ellieanna.5027

How about this. I’m a dog (a ginger dog, even). For 80 days I do a trick and get a reward. Sometimes, it is a dog treat, others a bit of bacon, but some kind of reward. Then I stop being rewarded.

Now I feel less than motivated to keep doing the trick (and more motivated to drag my bum across the carpet, but that’s neither here nor there). It’s not that I no longer get a specific dog treat, but that I get no reward at all after having learned that doing my trick lead to some sort of happiness afterwards.

It’s not about spirit shards, and I (and others) said that. Heck, a chest with random junk is still a reward. I did like someone’s post about “reward tracks,” that sounds kinda fun.

I’m level 80. I can go into 80 zones, do 80 events (even raids), wear max level gear, stat wise be the most effective in WvW. Why do I need presents for do this? Isn’t what I’m doing already presents?

It’s like PvE wants reward progression like wvw points or pvp points? (yes, I play all 3 so I’m certainly allowed to comment). PvE has the best access to things.

And as smart as dogs are, they are not on the mentality level of a typical human being. You can’t compare a dog getting rewarded for sitting to this. Besides, I trained my dog to sit for a treat so he learned the word. Now he doesn’t get a treat every time he sits (how else am I going to clean the paws off a 100lbs dog). But he still sits and loves me the same.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

…Explain to me how that is not entitled? We lost nothing (actually we’re getting more) and yet some feel they deserve more now.

It totally isn’t, from my perspective. Right now, nearly every reward in the game includes XP and it feels wasteful to me that (a) I can’t save it up for use in a future mastery or (b) apply it to something, especially since I have all sorts of XP boosters (and foods and …) that have no value (to me) until there’s a new mastery track.

At the same time, I agree with you that it’s fair to say that we already get the same rewards as before (via spirit shards, which steadily accumulate through new methods) and that turning XP into a new currency would mean we’d be getting more than before. Thus, I’d also be okay if the game simply stopped telling us when we got XP (after maxing masteries) and stopped giving us XP-specific boosters.

Posted by: wolfer.1587

wolfer.1587

I’m hoping that Living World will introduce more mastery tracks. I’d be fine with the possibility of capping out if soon new things show up. The gap between HoT and living world is probably longer than most future gaps would be.

Ellieanna.5027

…Explain to me how that is not entitled? We lost nothing (actually we’re getting more) and yet some feel they deserve more now.

It totally isn’t, from my perspective. Right now, nearly every reward in the game includes XP and it feels wasteful to me that (a) I can’t save it up for use in a future mastery or (b) apply it to something, especially since I have all sorts of XP boosters (and foods and …) that have no value (to me) until there’s a new mastery track.

At the same time, I agree with you that it’s fair to say that we already get the same rewards as before (via spirit shards, which steadily accumulate through new methods) and that turning XP into a new currency would mean we’d be getting more than before. Thus, I’d also be okay if the game simply stopped telling us when we got XP (after maxing masteries) and stopped giving us XP-specific boosters.

See, I can accept them turning off the XP notice when you kill something. That’s fine. And then when we get new masteries (we all know that’s coming, whether through the next living story, or expansion) we continue to get more experience towards that once launched.

I can see why we can’t save it for the next masteries.
1) What would the cap be, or would there not be a cap.
2) Wouldn’t that give someone an advantage when new masteries came out, and thus someone could actually be at max day 1.

Posted by: Baconomics.8674

Baconomics.8674

That leaves me with a real blah feeling when considering whether to jump in some event or take the time to rez an NPC.

Exactly this. Having some sort of continued reward for getting xp makes the game/community healthier. I can’t count the amount of times I’ve just ran past some player that is downed/dead because there is no longer any incentive to revive them. Sorry m8, things to do, places to be, feelsBadMan.

Also you might be more inclined to jump in and help with an event for the quick xp when you see somebody is struggling to solo it or some such scenario.

DeanBB.4268

Ellieanna.5027

I’m level 80. I can go into 80 zones, do 80 events (even raids), wear max level gear, stat wise be the most effective in WvW. Why do I need presents for do this? Isn’t what I’m doing already presents?

It’s like PvE wants reward progression like wvw points or pvp points? (yes, I play all 3 so I’m certainly allowed to comment). PvE has the best access to things.

Perhaps drifting off track, but maybe not. So why are there rewards for PvP since pvpers already have max everything? Shouldn’t the reward be a well fought match? Sure, titles and shiny nameplates are understandable, but loot boxes? Tomes when everyone is max level? WvW has some expenses, so I can see that.

I think you miss the point we’re trying to make for rewards.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I would like some sort of reward for leveling again, like we’ve had for years. One thing I suggested before is that the Mystic Forge attendant sell boosters, such as magic find, harvesting, speed boost, etc. that could be tied into this. You level and you get a token or spirit shard that you can use to buy a booster that lasts X amount of time.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Perhaps drifting off track, but maybe not. So why are there rewards for PvP since pvpers already have max everything? Shouldn’t the reward be a well fought match? Sure, titles and shiny nameplates are understandable, but loot boxes? Tomes when everyone is max level? WvW has some expenses, so I can see that.

I think you miss the point we’re trying to make for rewards.

PvP used to have a seperare skin system that we lost. So as much as we are “max”, we would all be in the same armor. Also:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ascension

That requires items outside of PvP. Should those players have to not play what they want to be able to build their legendary?

PvE has access to items to make their legendaries. WvWers get bag drops and now have reward tracks for even more.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I agree with you 100% – I’ve saved so many boosters – so many foods and other XP gathering stuff – but all the XP is worthless.
I wish there was some form of reward associated with it.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I’ve brought this issue up a few weeks ago but no one bothered to respond, I figued I was the only one concerned with it.
I really hate the fact that any XP I get goes into trash can. If I instead stop playing the game and play it later, I will get more and better reward because I will have new mastery tracks to fill. The game design is actively discouraging me from playing.

What I wish is that the XP is stored and used later for masteries that come out. Not for new regions/expansions obviously, only masteries associated with old content. If we spend thousands of hours doing same stuff, we shouldn’t really be forced to play it again. I don’t ask for any other form of reward, all I want is not to be forced to do that brainless-soul-draining-time-consuming-boring-as-hell CoF P1 farming.

Active players always were, still are and forever will be treated as a sack of crap… Makes me sad.

DeanBB.4268

Tarasicodissa.7084

I’ve brought this issue up a few weeks ago but no one bothered to respond

It has come up multiple times, so yours was probably just more of the same and didn’t garner any new responses. These are about the same responses as usually get posted. Maybe this one is missing “that other mmo doesn’t give xp after max…” response.

These should all get merged into the master xp thread, anyway.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’ve brought this issue up a few weeks ago but no one bothered to respond, I figued I was the only one concerned with it.

You’re definitely not the only one. I think we’re all just getting that talking-to-a-brick-wall feeling that happens when something painfully obvious needs addressing and there’s not even a hint that the PTB are listening.

What’s even stranger are responses from players who seem very passionate about not being rewarded for their efforts, as we’ve seen on this forum, and think that other players are snobs for feeling otherwise. We live in a world where people actively oppose something that not only doesn’t hurt them but would actually benefit them. My mind would boggle if my boggling gland hadn’t already been broken by the endless examples of this insanity.

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

What did you use skill points for?
1) Upgrading seige (Oh, look spirit shards)
2) Buying legendary comments as required (Oh, look, more spirit shards)
3) Those Myani (Mystic Forge Chick) items (Oh, Even more spirit shards)

So everything you used skill points for, are now spirit shards. Oh… We get those easier now.

Explain to me how that is not entitled? We lost nothing (actually we’re getting more) and yet some feel they deserve more now.

No.

Please readd level up rewards post 80 an capped mastery anet!

TheGrimm.5624

I really hate the fact that any XP I get goes into trash can. If I instead stop playing the game and play it later, I will get more and better reward because I will have new mastery tracks to fill. The game design is actively discouraging me from playing.

What I wish is that the XP is stored and used later for masteries that come out. Not for new regions/expansions obviously, only masteries associated with old content. If we spend thousands of hours doing same stuff, we shouldn’t really be forced to play it again. I don’t ask for any other form of reward, all I want is not to be forced to do that brainless-soul-draining-time-consuming-boring-as-hell CoF P1 farming.

Active players always were, still are and forever will be treated as a sack of crap… Makes me sad.

:) You are correct, this is not new. This was actually being discussed right after they announced the mastery and how it would work. People were asking then, yes but what happens when I max. At the time we didn’t know when that would be and if there would be time between completed ones and new ones. I think we can now plan for periods between, so we should target a system that can work for those in between periods. Again, its to help with the progression feeling. And by going with a leveling chest ANet can use that to address imbalances in things like gathering if the need calls for.

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

I was thinking it would be neat if they added some sort of reward track for PvE leveling. It wouldn’t have to be the same for PvP or WvW since they are trying to incentivise those game modes, too, but I’ve been really disappointed in simply losing XP since I finished my mastery lines in certain areas. Something really should be done for those 80 level characters we still love to play. I loved the masteries. They were super rewarding for me, but now I feel like nothing I do really matters, even though I KNOW I’m at max level. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Even if we just got a chest of random materials at every new looped level, that would be better than literally nothing for the XP we earn.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Illconceived Was Na.9781

See, I can accept them turning off the XP notice when you kill something. That’s fine. And then when we get new masteries (we all know that’s coming, whether through the next living story, or expansion) we continue to get more experience towards that once launched.

2) Wouldn’t that give someone an advantage when new masteries came out, and thus someone could actually be at max day 1.

Yes, I’m good either way:

• Turn off XP for people who can’t use it. or
  • Offer some sort of something.

At the moment, I feel like it’s a disadvantage to me to complete maps on toons, because all that XP could have gone to something else. (Yes, that’s an example of hoarding and I don’t really expect ANet to care that much about that aspect of it.)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Yes, I’m good either way:

• Turn off XP for people who can’t use it. or
  • Offer some sort of something.

At the moment, I feel like it’s a disadvantage to me to complete maps on toons, because all that XP could have gone to something else. (Yes, that’s an example of hoarding and I don’t really expect ANet to care that much about that aspect of it.)

Not hoarding. Prudent use of resources and avoiding waste.

Posted by: themillwater.5846

themillwater.5846

Something does need to be done, I see all this nifty experience I’m getting from these events and it’s going to waste because I’m stalled on my mastery tracks in tyria. A chest with some nifty loot, maybe even a mastery point of your choice everyou five-ten levels. Or even let us put the experience on mastery tracks that haven’t been unlocked yet.

TheGrimm.5624

The downside of stacking XP for a future mastery is that you then remove the purpose of the mastery which is to work towards new progression. As I said we need something in place for the in-between periods. By using a side rank up chest this system could even stay in place while the mastery process is in place as well.

Posted by: Newteck.6403

Newteck.6403

Yes! I’m talking about that point where you don’t have enough mastery point to get to the next mastery. When you hit that ceiling, where goes the experience you earn? in the clouds? When the achievements you need to get more mastery points are so far of reach, that you won’t get there for christmas for sure. =) You’re basically stuck!

My solution: The mastery points should work like the old skill points worked. You know, each time you were filling your experience bar beyond level 80, you got a skill point. It should be the same with Mastery points, every time you would fill up your xp bar, you would get one more mastery point. This way… nobody would get stuck at a ceiling where your experience points goes out in the cloud, and A-net would be able to add new masteries easily, even at each new chapter if they want to. Nothing would be wasted, everything would be relevant. =)

Thanks for reading everybody! =)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Its not about entitlement, its about still having a feeling of progression even if its a false one.

That seems entirely pointless, you’re just lying to yourself.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It would defeat the purpose of mastery points so no.

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Yes! I’m talking about that point where you don’t have enough mastery point to get to the next mastery. When you hit that ceiling, where goes the experience you earn? in the clouds? When the achievements you need to get more mastery points are so far of reach, that you won’t get there for christmas for sure. =) You’re basically stuck!

My solution: The mastery points should work like the old skill points worked. You know, each time you were filling your experience bar beyond level 80, you got a skill point. It should be the same with Mastery points, every time you would fill up your xp bar, you would get one more mastery point. This way… nobody would get stuck at a ceiling where your experience points goes out in the cloud, and A-net would be able to add new masteries easily, even at each new chapter if they want to. Nothing would be wasted, everything would be relevant. =)

Thanks for reading everybody! =)

I agree with this 100% I have no interest in doing their little side games (I know others like them I just do not) so that means I’m stuck at 110 for my masteries.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Bris.7984

Bris.7984

Maybe…something..IF ..they listen to community of here…or there…or anywhere near Anet Game we play….

P.S.: At least community gives you new/good/fresh ideas…if you get stuck along the path you are walking.(Anet)

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I agree with this 100% I have no interest in doing their little side games (I know others like them I just do not) so that means I’m stuck at 110 for my masteries.

Why?

There are 66 Central Tyria points available and 139 Heart of Maguuma points available of which 30 are from Adventures.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks

So even without a single point from Adventures you aren’t stuck at 110.

Ayrilana.1396

The mastery unlocks page isn’t complete since it is missing some.

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Why?

There are 66 Central Tyria points available and 139 Heart of Maguuma points available of which 30 are from Adventures.

No some of the others are gated behind events that I haven’t been fortunate enough to be able to get to. I personally don’t want to have to read Wiki to figure out how to play a game I play for enjoyment.

Having to read long instructions or research videos to complete is not my choice of play. You may enjoy it and I say more power to you, I prefer to be able to get the Masteries through map exploration and not in gated areas.

Is that OK with you? That was my opinion, I didn’t need to have you respond to me directly with your smart butt response.

NOTE: I have 23 Level 80 Toons and 16 have map completion can you match that?

(edited by Lite Ning Strike.5203)

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

That response wasn’t smart butt.
It was a simple statement of facts.

If you aren’t enjoying the game and there’s a video or a wiki or a fellow player who can help you enjoy it more then it’s your choice to be miserable.

Personally I found spending five minutes watching someone do that thing I am stuck on saved me hours of trying and failing to figure it out for myself. Seeing it done, and often done well, saves me frustration.

But it’s not how everyone chooses to play.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Why?

No some of the others are gated behind events that I haven’t been fortunate enough to be able to get to. I personally don’t want to have to read Wiki to figure out how to play a game I play for enjoyment.

Having to read long instructions or research videos to complete is not my choice of play. You may enjoy it and I say more power to you, I prefer to be able to get the Masteries through map exploration and not in gated areas.

Is that OK with you? That was my opinion, I didn’t need to have you respond to me directly with your smart butt response.

Sounds like mindless slogging through core tyria and its netflixable content has rotted your brain a bit.

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I have more Toons (yes, I’m an altoholic) but lesser map completion, because I hate doing hearts. (Most of them are extremely tedious and repetitive tasks.) So I would call that a draw. ;-)

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Why?

Sounds like mindless slogging through core tyria and its netflixable content has rotted your brain a bit.

LOL…… Bless your heart………… From the Deep South to you!! If you don’t understand Google search Bless your heart.

Ayrilana.1396

Now will my post amount to anything? No after all ArenaNet only reads posts that praise them or if they need to ban someone for calling out the White Knights who think everything is perfect. (Unicorns, Rainbows, and candy corn.) lol

White Knight =/= Anyone that disagrees with you.

There are always people on either side of an issue. Arbitrarily labeling those who you disagree with, and also happen to side with the developer, is wrong and has no revelency to the discussions. It’s the equivalent of the other side labeling those that they disagree with as crybabies who whine just to whine. Both instances of labeling are just as wrong and offer nothing to the discussion other than to create a toxic environment.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Masteries, as the stand-in for a level cap increase, should be a wide-open system, not a funneling system like it is now. If ANet cannot come up with other means to entice players to try niche content, then there is a flaw in their approach to rewards. Honestly, I wouldn’t care if it took five times as long to gain the XP to complete a specific mastery, as long as I didn’t have to redo stories while completing (sometimes silly) special conditions or participate in min-games which I have no interest in.

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Now will my post amount to anything? No after all ArenaNet only reads posts that praise them or if they need to ban someone for calling out the White Knights who think everything is perfect. (Unicorns, Rainbows, and candy corn.) lol

White Knight =/= Anyone that disagrees with you.

There are always people on either side of an issue. Arbitrarily labeling those who you disagree with, and also happen to side with the developer, is wrong and has no revelency to the discussions. It’s the equivalent of the other side labeling those that they disagree with as crybabies who whine just to whine. Both instances of labeling are just as wrong and offer nothing to the discussion other than to create a toxic environment.

No sir White Knight=“Someone who thinks everything ArenaNet does is perfect and blasts anyone who says different”.

No believe it or not I don’t need a fan club I stated my opinion which is mine (how many times do I have to say in my opinion).

I like a lot of things ArenaNet does I just don’t agree with everything they do.

I agree with part of your response no need to label anyone or everyone as this or that just because they don’t share your/my opinion, however you did by assuming I meant anyone that did not agree with me. I referenced no one just made a general comment regarding the White Knights most who are on here and post regularily know who I’m referring too. Only you know if you fall into that category because to be honest I have never read anything you have posted before, at least nothing that left an impression.