Lifetime Survivor, how does it work?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

I know right now that this title is not working correctly. For me it is stuck at 0/200,000. However since achievements appear to be account based, I can’t really think of it in terms of just one character. In GW1 this sort of thing was character based and reset at each death. Is this how it is supposed to work for GW2 except is account based and resets whenever any character dies?

So like lets say I earn 50,000 XP on one toon without dying (but had previously died), then on another toon get 150,000 XP without dying after that (but died in previous sessions before the other characters 50,000 XP was gained) will I have obtained the first tier of the achievement if it was working correctly? I hope my example is clear enough if not I’ll have to try and make it clearer.

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

Some achievements are not account based though – I completed the september monthly achievements on two characters for instance. Dailies are also character based. I would assume that the experience survivor achievement is character based as well and that it starts counting from character creation (thats how GW1 did it, it would appear that they changed this though?). Perhaps for the sake of cleanliness, it may not start counting until after a certain amount of xp without death (iirc, GW1 wouldn’t display the title progress until about level 5?). But now I’m just rambling without any evidence because I have not explored how it works myself.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

The daily is not character based, its account based. So should be the case with the monthly too unless you are bugged.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Monthly Achievements are account based. There was an issue with Monthly Achievements reseting when reaching 100% for some players in September. You were probably one of them.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: lollie.5816

lollie.5816

Monthly Achievements are account based. There was an issue with Monthly Achievements reseting when reaching 100% for some players in September. You were probably one of them.

No the bugged Lifetime Survivor thing is found under Achievements tab – Hero section (press H then go to Achievements – Hero and scroll down to bottom).

It’s not the monthly thing, it’s the account thing for overall play.

Mine is stuck permanently at 0 as well :/ yet have had no issues with the monthly survivor gaining xp.

(edited by lollie.5816)

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

@Lollie
It was meant for Satakal. Can’t edit/quote/whatever on this forum like 95% of the time. I know what the OP meant.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: lollie.5816

lollie.5816

@Lollie
It was meant for Satakal. Can’t edit/quote/whatever on this forum like 95% of the time. I know what the OP meant.

One way I found to fix the edit/quote button issue is to make a dummy post – the buttons show up again, then just delete the dummy post.

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

Wow, I had no idea. To tell you the truth I don’t pay that much attention to achievements, but I was pretty sure that Daily is character based…

Posted by: Jia Shen.4217

Jia Shen.4217

So now that we have established that it is account based, does anyone know how the achievement works? Or is it impossible to know because it is broken for everyone? I’d really hate to keep leveling some of my characters if having one death means I’ll never be able to get it. But at the same time if it resets after each death so we can still get it if we accumulate enough XP before death again then I won’t need to delete and start all over again. Right now I keep getting killed by game glitches and stuff that otherwise I would survive without death. I’m beginning to get annoyed at that to the point of shelving any alts until we know for sure how it works and just stick to the elementalist where it is almost impossible to not die.

Posted by: SoulTrain.2157

SoulTrain.2157

id like to know about this to. i just made a new character and im trying my best not to die hoping to get this achievment mine is staying at 0 also. ive heard the monthly one resets on death which ive gotten it and can say thats the truth. but i heard the one under the hero tab you have to get without ever dieing at all.

so i guess im asking if its broken and i do get over 500k for it before i die will i get credit when they fix it. or if its broke and they wont be able to tell if i got it or not when it gets fixed can i relax a bit and not worry about if i die or not.