Lifetime Survivor

Lifetime Survivor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mindshard.3572

Mindshard.3572

Was working towards this and must have upset the interweb Gods as a champion mob popped up under my poor squishy ele and one shot him.
Now my counter is stuck at 448k/500k. Is there any way to reset the counter? Is it still going in the background and will only show once I pass that mark?

Any input would be awesome, pulling my hair out with OCD seeing it so close and yet so far.

Lifetime Survivor

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It shows the furthest you’ve gotten. It’s still tallying, no worries. You can’t reset it, sadly.

Lifetime Survivor

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Remember, you must stay in one zone for all of the 500k to register. If you leave the zone, you start over. It does reset, the indicator does not show that, though, only showing the highest amount achieved, thus far.

Lifetime Survivor

Posted by: Mindshard.3572

Mindshard.3572

Remember, you must stay in one zone for all of the 500k to register. If you leave the zone, you start over. It does reset, the indicator does not show that, though, only showing the highest amount achieved, thus far.

Yeah I saw an official comment on that while searching for an answer.
I suppose I’ll throw some gold at my character and try the crafting method to get the achievement.
Either way I’m just stoked it’s working, before I took a break to handle increased demands at work it just wasn’t working at all for anyone.

Lifetime Survivor

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It doesn’t take that long out in the world. Three skill points on a level 80. But, whichever way you desire. =)

Lifetime Survivor

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

This could have been easily done in cursed shore before they nerfed the timing for the events.

Lifetime Survivor

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

This could have been easily done in cursed shore before they nerfed the timing for the events.

Still easy in any lv80 area, assuming your have a stable enough connection.
I’ve done it twice in Cursed Shore without doing any of the events. Just running around gathering all the resource nodes and killing whatever is in my way.

Lifetime Survivor

Posted by: Skrotadfisk.4273

Skrotadfisk.4273

Do you have to all of the 500k at the same time or could you switch character between? And do you have to do it in the same day?

Lifetime Survivor

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I think I got this achievement with crafting.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Lifetime Survivor

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Do you have to all of the 500k at the same time or could you switch character between? And do you have to do it in the same day?

Pretty sure switching character has the same effect as disconnecting.

Lifetime Survivor

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You have to do it all in one go without logging out, switching character or leaving the map. And obviously without dying.

I think you can use waypoints but I’m not 100% sure.

Mine is bothering me too, I had an unexpectedly long crafting run and without even remembering the survivor achievement exists I almost got it, but before I realised that I noticed the temple of Balthazar was free so I waypointed over to buy obsidian and reset the achievement.

I might have to go and run around Frostgorge for a bit at the weekend.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”