Light Aura

Light Aura

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Braghez.7529

Braghez.7529

While everyone nag about the NPE, I’ll just state that i pretty like this new type of aura they put in the game. Yet it seems, to me, a little bit hard to obtain. Only source of this is from light fields with a leap, there’s not even a skill for this, just a rune focused on auras wich would be fine just for an ele. So i personally think that it would be cool to put it with blasts too as an aoe aura, kinda like the one from chaos fields….at least it would make light fields a bit more useful.

Light Aura

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I do agree with the light aura on blast as opposed to only leap, the retaliation on blast was in my opinion just subpar compared to this new aura. Also, I really do like the aura’s holy feeling and would like to wear a hammer and blast it all the time (guardian)

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Light Aura

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Currently blasting a light field grants retaliation.

If they changed this to grant light aura instead I think that would be a good thing.

Light Aura

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

As a Guardian, I felt like Light Fields were pretty subpar. Light Aura actually feels pretty cool. Perma retaliation, and vulnerability. Thanks ANet!

Light Aura

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Does it have a nice animation/visual? Didn’t get a chance to check this out yet.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Light Aura

Posted by: Boottspurr.9184

Boottspurr.9184

Apparently Light Aura doesn’t work with Elementalist Aura-Sharing (neither the leap nor the runes).

Boottspurr from World of Enders [WoE]

Light Aura

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Does it have a nice animation/visual? Didn’t get a chance to check this out yet.

It sort of has a primastic look to it. It’s not super noticeable like a fire or chaos shield, but it does look nice.

Light Aura

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

As a Guardian, I felt like Light Fields were pretty subpar. Light Aura actually feels pretty cool. Perma retaliation, and vulnerability. Thanks ANet!

Yeah, I’m trying to decide if a full set of Superior Runes of Radiance may be in my guard’s future. What do other guardians think?

Superior Rune of Radiance:

+25 Vitality

When you receive an aura, you gain 5 seconds of swiftness.

+50 Vitality

When you use a heal skill, you gain 4 seconds of light aura.

+100 Vitality

The duration of auras you apply are increased by 33%.

New Aura: Light Aura

Gain 2 seconds of retaliation when struck. (Cooldown: 1 second)

Apply 8 seconds of vulnerability when struck.

Light Field:

Leaping through a light field now grants 5 seconds of light aura.

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Light Aura

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Cant see light aura’s allure pve/dungeon-wise. Maybe pvp/wvw?

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Light Aura

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

I’ve mostly done wvw with my guardian lately, but I do some duo/solo running around. I’ve got my full set of soldier’s armor, plus exotic or ascended weapons, but I haven’t picked a complete rune set yet.

It seemed to me, and I could be mistaken since my guardian isn’t my main, that this rune set was tailored for guardians, especially if you’re using greatsword or hammer.

If not guards, which is the target class for this set?

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Light Aura

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Works great with Engineer EG jump. I was wondering why I suddenly kept getting Retaliation I thought at first it was Transmute that was doing it because I was fighting mobs with Condis. Good to know, altho I dunno what I’ll do without regen maybe get the backpack regen trait hmmm.

Now if they would just fix the pickup time of Thumper turret it might actually become useful for PVE bunker builds.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)