Liking the third F & F update!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/march-2013/

Check it out! The update boasts a lot of new features (Although a few features are similar but there are a lot nonetheless!)

The feature that really caught me in this upcoming update is the removal of culling and the new WvW progression!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

You think you’ll like it, anyway. We haven’t actually experienced it yet.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Cowrex.9564

Well, it’s always great to be optimistic, it helps a lot in experiences.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Geikamir.6329

Optimism leads to disappointment.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I don’t quite understand liking something that doesn’t exist yet.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I’ll wait to pass judgement on this update.

Last few things i’ve seen posted from anet have left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Cowrex.9564

Well, liking something doesn’t have to be limited on something that already exists. I mean, try putting it in the way of unicorns, some people like them and yet they don’t exist.

Anyways, I like the features posted there but if it will bring bad or good things, I do not know.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I don’t do WvW and don’t give a toss about leader boards, and the patch notes will more than likely be another sorry mess, so there is nothing for me to like in this update.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

I can’t take Braham’s hair seriously. Is draping a feather duster over ones face supposed to be indicative of youth and rebellion…or something?

Rox looks absolutely terrifying.

In any case, it’s a good thing they’ve addressed culling. Hopefully the lag issue that comes with the texture popping will be resolved with the fix.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Yay guild missions for smaller guilds!!

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

From reading it, I am hoping this is a patch I like, disliked the last one, Feb.

I do usually like Anets monthly patches, only Feb and Lost Shores ones that I really hated…

It looks mainly to be living story and WvW which gets a big thumbs up from me, currently looking forward to it and keeping my fingers/toes crossed no nasty surprises that Anet spring on us from time to time…

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

It’s too early for me to piece out out, but there’s got to be a “Dark Side” joke in here somewhere…

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

It’s too early for me to piece out out, but there’s got to be a “Dark Side” joke in here somewhere…

Optimism leads to dissapointment; dissapointment leads to regret; regret leads to anger.

Something like that.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

All sounds excellent to me. Implementation can change that, of course, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be optimistic here.

The biggest worry for me is the Realm Abilities granted by the RvR ranks, or whatever they’re calling them, might unbalance RvR (WvW… whatever) but we shall see.

Cowrex.9564

Can’t wait for the implementation. The availability of the guild missions for smaller guilds is just awesome.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Hate to say this, but not much there really peaks my interest. The Flame and Frost story line has been a huge disappointment to me, and this ‘living story’ just doesn’t seem to exist. Sounds like there might be some good additions for WvW, finally, but I don’t play WvW enough to be excited over it.

Man, I hate to be THAT guy who just complains. But, meh. It is what it is.

Oh, and the addition of three new bounties? Great.. now my guild has to try to find 18 bounties before we start the guild bounty mission. We are not that big and have a hard time finding half of them now.

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Leaderboards?

Not that I particularly wanted them: but I saw a lot of QQ about their absence. Looks like ANet does actually listen.

Prediction: the update will drop; and players will just find something new to complain about and bandwagon that instead.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Not necessarily. If a company is worty of optimism, it actually leads to matched expectations.

I haven’t been disappointed by a.net yet.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Optimism leads to learning and changes where Cynicism leads to the lack of changing.
Simply put Cynicism is a very bad replacement for intelligent.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

As much as I really like the idea of the WvW abilities, it’s very easy to see potential problems just with those shown on the screenshot. Here’s hoping they never eventuate.

I will reserve judgement on the other stuff. Like many others, I was very excited about the Guild Missions… until they were released.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I am excited about WvW rank. It will give me another goal to work towards. I was running out of goals. Never really done much WvW, this will be a good time to start.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Each update since 11/15 seems to bring as many anti-features as not. Consider guild missions or the way 2/26 buffed open world PvE mobs in such a way that has led to player failure time and time again. It’s not challenging and it’s not fun. I greet the prospect of an update from Anet in a very guarded manner. I would be very happy with an update that simply fixed DE’s so that they run reliably.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

When do this WvW update happen?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

As usual it looks good, but i’ll reserve judgement till it pops..

I’m not overly impressed with the new World boss changes and i cannot see it stopping overflows, the rest of the world is still kinda dead to me sadly, so i’m mostly waiting on more balance changes to classes and open world before i’d feel “happier”

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Some people are resisting the optimism side of the force!

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Hate to say this, but not much there really peaks my interest. The Flame and Frost story line has been a huge disappointment to me, and this ‘living story’ just doesn’t seem to exist. Sounds like there might be some good additions for WvW, finally, but I don’t play WvW enough to be excited over it.

Man, I hate to be THAT guy who just complains. But, meh. It is what it is.

Oh, and the addition of three new bounties? Great.. now my guild has to try to find 18 bounties before we start the guild bounty mission. We are not that big and have a hard time finding half of them now.

I had to point out this is like the 15th time ive heard someone cry about the flame and frost. What was the disappointment? They said both months would be teasers? they have followed through, there is no disappointment. A lot of people have complained about flame and frost because they were too lazy or too ignorant to read up on it more.

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/march-2013/

Check it out! The update boasts a lot of new features (Although a few features are similar but there are a lot nonetheless!)

The feature that really caught me in this upcoming update is the removal of culling and the new WvW progression!

Removing culling isn’t a feature it’s a bug fix that should of happened a long time ago especially for a zone based game. Either way happy that it’s finally coming although it should of came sooner as i doubt removal of culling will help WvW progress further away from what it is now.

If i had an interest in the living story i would care about that but i don’t. I know that the past 2 months are supposedly teasers but then why do they take a full month to progress threw a teaser that lasts only a few days if that….

No offense but that is just stupid what they should of done is put them both out together so people got a full week(or a few days) worth of content that would progress as if it was living instead of what it is now(one month new stuff o already completed well i gotta wait till the next month now). A story that progresses when Anet tells it to isn’t living that is watching as someone else tells a story.

A person would not know when a living story progresses if it was done right they would come across new content that wasn’t their before without Anet telling them about it.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

The Jan/Feb/March patches surely don’t seem anywhere near an expansion’s worth of content to me. Guess I shouldn’t of had my expectations up there either.

And maybe I shouldn’t have been too lazy or ignorant and read up on Flame and Frost. But these ‘teasers’ have done nothing to ‘tease’ me and peak my interest. That is the whole point of a teaser isn’t it? To peak your interest?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Anet oversells practically everything at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised if these new npcs just stand around giving out a few lines of dialogue or initiate some repeatable world event.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Cowrex.9564

Some people are resisting the optimism side of the force!

I agree! Besides, like what Marnick said, “Anet did not dissapoint me yet”

Geikamir.6329

Not necessarily. If a company is worty of optimism, it actually leads to matched expectations.

Must be a wonderful world that you live in.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Optimism may frequently lead one to disappointment, but pessimism brings disappointment with him everywhere he goes. Might as well be happy some of the time.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I’m looking forward to the WvW stuff. I haven’t played WvW quite as much as I want to just due to the feeling that I wasn’t accomplishing much.

Posted by: McDili.1549

McDili.1549

Actually you’re thinking of setting high expectations, when you do that then you’re bound to be disappointed. An example of being optimistic is if the patch still had culling limitations and instead of focusing on the negativity you focus on the positive note that you can see more and customize culling to a degree. That way, you stay a bit happier.

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Must be a wonderful world that you live in.

Nah, we just don’t have your negative mindset. If things don’t come out as expected, so what? It’s just a game. It’s not as if this patch is gonna kill the entire game as a whole anyway.

Posted by: CorruptedSave.2570

CorruptedSave.2570

Until the patch notes, I remain optimistic that I will see something I can get excited about.

But after the last two patches, I wouldn’t be shocked if that there isn’t.

Geikamir.6329

Actually you’re thinking of setting high expectations, when you do that then you’re bound to be disappointed. An example of being optimistic is if the patch still had culling limitations and instead of focusing on the negativity you focus on the positive note that you can see more and customize culling to a degree. That way, you stay a bit happier.

High expectations. Hmm. Does just believing what they told me count as that? Because I’ve tried that since launch and it hasn’t worked out so well for me.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Not too interested in the current details. As far as i’m concerned there is no way this F&F is going to be an expansion worth of content unless the 4th update is mind-numbingly huge.

Cowrex.9564

+1 on your statement! That’s exactly what i was trying to point out!

Cowrex.9564

High expectations. Hmm. Does just believing what they told me count as that? Because I’ve tried that since launch and it hasn’t worked out so well for me.

Well it did to some anyways…

Posted by: Pustulio.8207

Pustulio.8207

Agreed. Expect the worst, and you’ll never be let down.

Cowrex.9564

Just wanted to check this post again for new updates and guys, let me tell you, I wasn’t dissapointed at all with the third update. In fact, I really liked it