Limited dye options for hair accessories

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Curby.4897

Curby.4897

title says it all, why is this not a thing? All we have are the standard dyes which TBH look like crap when compared to the main hair colors. Why not let us use our Dyes we have to use? Or at least give us more options.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Hair does not have a dye channel in the sense you want.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

+1

I’ve suggested this myself a few times.

I wish we could have more accessory dye options… Most don’t even dye the same color as what’s shown in the little box.

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

There’s a couple of hair styles I’d use for sure if it weren’t for that issue. Good question! I’m not going to stress over it, but it would be nice to have more options in the future.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

They really need to adress the dye area. There are a lot of elements that should be dyeable (Or simply be able to use more dyes): from horns to hair, accesories, ears, tatoos, and weapons, just to name a few.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Jodie.8026

Jodie.8026

I think more people will buy hairkits if there will be an option to use all our dyes in them, or make a channel for hair accessory. I mean, this is something I think -everyone- want.

Posted by: DOWNYAGO.4896

DOWNYAGO.4896

I’d like it to be a simple option added to our dye window. I don’t want it to be restricted to the Hair Stylist or Total Makeover Kits. If I own the dyes on my account, I want to be able to use and change them all the time with now fee.

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

I’d like it to be a simple option added to our dye window. I don’t want it to be restricted to the Hair Stylist or Total Makeover Kits. If I own the dyes on my account, I want to be able to use and change them all the time with now fee.

Now put your business hat on and ask how to monetize what you as a player are asking. Self-styled hair kits are just over $3 each, and Total-Makeover Kits are about $4.50 each.

I’m not arguing whether the current pricing structure is good, bad, fair or otherwise. I’m simply pointing out that you are asking for more for free, and that’s a tough sell to a game supported by its cash shop.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Now put your business hat on and ask how to monetize what you as a player are asking. Self-styled hair kits are just over $3 each, and Total-Makeover Kits are about $4.50 each.

I’m not arguing whether the current pricing structure is good, bad, fair or otherwise. I’m simply pointing out that you are asking for more for free, and that’s a tough sell to a game supported by its cash shop.

It seems like it’d be a very simple thing to add – they’ve already got the functionality to dye the hair accessory and to change which dyes you use within the game, they just need to add a box for the hair accessories dye channel to the menu on the Hero Panel.

And it’s not as if Anet will only add new features through the gem store. They’ve added a lot of things to the base game too, many of them more complicated than this. Off the top of my head examples include the option to move the ‘Compact’ function in the inventory menu, the wallet to store currencies, the entire Wardrobe system and they’ve re-worked the dailies system multiple times following player feedback.

I think it’s a reasonable thing to ask for.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Damio Roncartia.7041

Damio Roncartia.7041

I see this suggestion so often, and completely agree, but have kind of given up hope on it. If they can’t even give us an active trade system between players (why the hell any MMO would lack one is beyond me), I don’t see this ever coming to light.

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

I see this suggestion so often, and completely agree, but have kind of given up hope on it. If they can’t even give us an active trade system between players (why the hell any MMO would lack one is beyond me), I don’t see this ever coming to light.

There are very good reasons to not have a trade system between players (aside from the perfectly functional trading post, that is). Mainly, the trading post helps mitigate frauds and scams and it also cuts down on the massive amount of map chat spam that occurs in games where trading is allowed. It’s not a situation where Anet just doesn’t know how to do a thing, or they’re not doing it because they’re lazy. It’s a purposeful choice based on how they want the economy to function.

As for the topic, I agree about the accessory dye issue. It’s ridiculous that it’s not been expanded with our other customization options.

Damio Roncartia.7041

There are very good reasons to not have a trade system between players (aside from the perfectly functional trading post, that is). Mainly, the trading post helps mitigate frauds and scams and it also cuts down on the massive amount of map chat spam that occurs in games where trading is allowed. It’s not a situation where Anet just doesn’t know how to do a thing, or they’re not doing it because they’re lazy. It’s a purposeful choice based on how they want the economy to function.

As for the topic, I agree about the accessory dye issue. It’s ridiculous that it’s not been expanded with our other customization options.

You can still sell things via the mail system. It doesn’t eliminate trading at all. Just opens up the potential for even more scams (i.e. saying send me the gold and I’ll send you the item, then walking away with the gold), and makes trading clunky and roundabout. It’s literally a trade system with an extra step, and said step is objectively even more exploitable than any traditional trading system could hope to be.

Not to mention, outside selling, the trading post in no way allows item for item trades. What if you get a specific precursor drop you don’t need but someone else does, and they have one of equal value that you need. Now you have to risk mailing them back and forth, hoping the other doesn’t try to take off with said item. A trade system would be no different, save being considerably safer because you can SEE that you’ll get what you’re promised in return.

(edited by Damio Roncartia.7041)

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

You can still sell things via the mail system. It doesn’t eliminate trading at all. Just opens up the potential for even more scams (i.e. saying send me the gold and I’ll send you the item, then walking away with the gold), and makes trading clunky and roundabout. It’s literally a trade system with an extra step, and said step is objectively even more exploitable than any traditional trading system could hope to be.

Not to mention, outside selling, the trading post in no way allows item for item trades. What if you get a specific precursor drop you don’t need but someone else does, and they have one of equal value that you need. Now you have to risk mailing them back and forth, hoping the other doesn’t try to take off with said item. A trade system would be no different, save being considerably safer because you can SEE that you’ll get what you’re promised in return.

Anet is aware of that, but because they don’t support email trades, it keeps them from having to devote resources to dealing with scams. Instead, they offer the trading post as a scamproof means of trade and, although it has limitations, it’s a much safer option that also keeps inflation in check by removing gold from circulation.

Damio Roncartia.7041

Anet is aware of that, but because they don’t support email trades, it keeps them from having to devote resources to dealing with scams. Instead, they offer the trading post as a scamproof means of trade and, although it has limitations, it’s a much safer option that also keeps inflation in check by removing gold from circulation.

I literally just saw you in a thread about tribulation mode sales, which relies on people actually paying gold or giving what is owed for said gold. This is a form of a transaction. A trade, only for services instead of items. They stated that “as long as people get what is owed, we have no issue with it.” Thus, they do support mail trades, and as such do have to devote resources to dealing with scams, were people to try and scam others through the mailing system. The ONLY foreseeable issue that comes from this is the lack of a tax cut through this sort of system. But again, the mail system eliminates the tax cut as well. It just leaves more room for scams.

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

Good idea. I think it will end with people talking it into pieces with “gemstore supports the game” kinda arguments.

I personally think that arenanet reached a point where the gemstore is not supporting the game anymore but showing that stuff is way overpriced if we take a view on the reports.

They easily could hand over more comfort without pricing.

One agreement could be to offer more dyes , allow them to be put on accessories as well and lower the price of the styling kits. Im sure more people would change colors more often that way. Leading to more income in the end as well as to more acceptance of the store inside community. Specially to all those who already left the game cause people felt cashed off.

Unfortunately growth in player numbers seems no goal for ncsoft but rather ebit, ebit, ebit on the low cost high prce business sleeper mode.

let me entertain you

(edited by SlateSloan.3654)

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

i’m fine with the hair and eye colors available, but it would really be nice if one could apply owned dyes to hair ACCESSORIES either on new character creation, or use of a hair/makeover kit.

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I literally just saw you in a thread about tribulation mode sales, which relies on people actually paying gold or giving what is owed for said gold. This is a form of a transaction. A trade, only for services instead of items. They stated that “as long as people get what is owed, we have no issue with it.” Thus, they do support mail trades, and as such do have to devote resources to dealing with scams, were people to try and scam others through the mailing system. The ONLY foreseeable issue that comes from this is the lack of a tax cut through this sort of system. But again, the mail system eliminates the tax cut as well. It just leaves more room for scams.

They dont, and wont, devote resources to resolving scams from “mail trades” beyond the resources required to remove the gold/items wrongfully gained, and then sanctioning the twitheaded fool who tried to get away with it.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve chosen to avoid using hair styles that use accessories because I’m forever locked into a particular set of appropriate gear colors. That means that, at least for me, ANet’s wasted a lot of effort on artwork and rendering.

I would go back to using them if

• I could use more colors, either the same palette for hair or (better) my wardrobe dyes and
  • The accessory was included as a headgear dye channel, so it could be changed when changing gear type or color.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: DOWNYAGO.4896

DOWNYAGO.4896

I personally would still purchase the kits for new styles. I just want to be able to change the color of something just like I change the color of everything else. It really wouldn’t take anything away from their profit of those kits. Nor would it be hard to implement.