Linking new accounts to old ones

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

With talk about the game going on sale again I’ve been wondering if it would be possible to, link my current existing account to a new account and perhaps transfer everything over to it?

I’m asking this mainly cause I hate my account name/ display name w.e it’s called. (Ladyswan one you see here, I’m looking for a more gender neutral name )
If i purchase a new account I could choose a better name but I’d lose all my progress and from what I’ve heard they don’t allow changes to these names, so that’s sadly outta the question..

Anyone think this would be possible?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Nope. Wont be possible as far as I know. Customer identity protection laws, verification it’s a legimate request, etc etc.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

As above. Once you pick a display name it’s fixed as long as it doesn’t break TOS and characters can’t be transferred to a new account.

I’ve seen you complain about your name before but truthfully, if you look at the others, it’s no any better or worse than anyone else’s. Most people ingame will never see it and extremely few will care about it.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

I guess it’s just more of a personal issue I just really dislike it. But if it can’t be done then I guess I should just deal with it. Anyways thanks for the feedback!