Lion's Arch

Lion's Arch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: punkinkatt.4823

punkinkatt.4823

Question: Scarlet has been long dead now, yet Lion’s Arch remains all but completely destroyed. There are NPC’s busily working on rebuilding the city, but with no obvious progress. Will Lion’s Arch ever return to it’s former beauty (or perhaps better)? Keeping all memorial’s intact, of course.

Since it is a “Living World” thing, one would assume that it will be rebuilt. Has there been any info on this?

Input and opinions please!

thx

Xev Munroe, Human Ranger: “I love my menagerie
of animals. I love them more than I do most
people. Even solo, I am never alone!”

Lion's Arch

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

. Will Lion’s Arch ever return to it’s former beauty (or perhaps better)? Keeping all memorial’s intact, of course.

Since it is a “Living World” thing, one would assume that it will be rebuilt. Has there been any info on this?

Just this as far as I know.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Will-Lion-s-Arch-ever-be-rebuilt/first#post4739353

The Burninator

Lion's Arch

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Check this thread for speculation. We don’t have any dev info on specific plans, though.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Will-Lion-s-Arch-ever-be-rebuilt/first

Lion's Arch

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

Wasn’t there a comment on current lion’s arch affairs.
As far as I can recall, there was sth obout ’not going back to its former glory – respectively but changing it somehow.

It would be great to create sth new. I, personally wouldn’t be so satisfied if things just went back to normal.
And I always wonder – it surely takes long to rebuild a simple bridge – they’re not working efficently – hammering against sth for months should at least recreate/constract sth.

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

Lion's Arch

Posted by: punkinkatt.4823

punkinkatt.4823

. Will Lion’s Arch ever return to it’s former beauty (or perhaps better)? Keeping all memorial’s intact, of course.

Just this as far as I know.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Will-Lion-s-Arch-ever-be-rebuilt/first#post4739353

Check this thread for speculation. We don’t have any dev info on specific plans, though.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Will-Lion-s-Arch-ever-be-rebuilt/first

That answer’s a lot. I really do hope it, at least, goes back to the way it was. But also hoping for better.

Xev Munroe, Human Ranger: “I love my menagerie
of animals. I love them more than I do most
people. Even solo, I am never alone!”

Lion's Arch

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

From a logical perspective, there would be no reason for Lion’s Arch to be rebuilt at this time.

The reason LA was originally rebuilt was due to its value as a trading port, a reason that currently does not exist since trade with the other continents no longer exists and the Risen threat prevents most ships from going anywhere of value.

Furthermore, a large portion of the population was either killed or displaced, making it unnecessary as a civilian center.

Honestly, it would almost make more sense to change it into a PvE map and put Mystic Forges in the other cities.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Lion's Arch

Posted by: tfcgeneralkmk.9508

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

From a logical perspective, there would be no reason for Lion’s Arch to be rebuilt at this time.

The reason LA was originally rebuilt was due to its value as a trading port, a reason that currently does not exist since trade with the other continents no longer exists and the Risen threat prevents most ships from going anywhere of value.

Furthermore, a large portion of the population was either killed or displaced, making it unnecessary as a civilian center.

Honestly, it would almost make more sense to change it into a PvE map and put Mystic Forges in the other cities.

except it is still a central hub for trading on this continent of tyria relatively easily accessible from the different home zones for the different races

Lion's Arch

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

except it is still a central hub for trading on this continent of tyria relatively easily accessible from the different home zones for the different races

Given the instant-travel gateways, I would say quite easily accessible, indeed.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Lion's Arch

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

Given the instant-travel gateways, I would say quite easily accessible, indeed.

true i was trying to ignore that as they could technically be built anywhere

Lion's Arch

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

No one is trading in Lion’s Arch now, they are simply passing through the Asura Gates which could very easily be moved anywhere else and achieve the same result.

Due to the lack of naval trade, LA lacks a purpose and as a result lacks a logical reason to be rebuilt.

With the war effort consuming so many resources, why would anyone want to expend time and money rebuilding a city that serves no immediate purpose? Better to let it lie in waste and build a new city that has more tactical or economic value.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Lion's Arch

tfcgeneralkmk.9508

No one is trading in Lion’s Arch now, they are simply passing through the Asura Gates which could very easily be moved anywhere else and achieve the same result.

Due to the lack of naval trade, LA lacks a purpose and as a result lacks a logical reason to be rebuilt.

With the war effort consuming so many resources, why would anyone want to expend time and money rebuilding a city that serves no immediate purpose? Better to let it lie in waste and build a new city that has more tactical or economic value.

what other central location is there? Divinities Reach is the closest i can think of, but isn’t a good choice due to seperatists. Holebrag is to isolated same with Black Citadel, Rata Sum, and the Grove the other locations nearby are too contested by either Risen centaurs or other enemies to make any sense

Lion's Arch

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Rebuilding costs gold. Most of their tax base was killed or scattered, their homes and livelihoods destroyed. Where is the LA government going to get the gold to rebuild? If they borrow from neighboring races I wouldn’t think the Sylvari or Norn would be a good source, which means the Charr or Asura. I can’t see the humans going hat in hand to discuss loans from the Charr, which leaves Asura. As to that, any loan from the Asura would need a close scrutiny of the terms first as I would bet they would make a very close bargain.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Lion's Arch

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Leave it to Rebuild-o-Tron.

What, he must have like a billion gold by now?

Lion's Arch

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Rata Sum should be expanded if anything else. It’s going to be the next big hub given the war in the western jungles.

I’d actually want to see some sort of evolution in the other cities that coincides with the events that are occurring in the game.

From an in-story military perspective, the last thing you’d want to do is have long supply lines. Sure, personnel can jump between way points but supplies must use the gates. As it stands, anything being supplier to Camp Resolve would either come in by air or overland. Conceivably, all supplies could be routed through LA from the various cities and then cross into Rata Sum before making the overland trip to the Brisban Wildlands. This makes no practical sense. Given the space in Rata Sum, at least 1 more portal should be opened up so you can go from there to at least Camp Resolve. (I am keeping in mind the need of the gold sink that is WP fees)

Lion's Arch

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

Lions Arch is also free from the influence of any one government or race, remember that. They also have different, oftentimes more lax, laws regarding trade as well. their jail system also provides indentured servants and workers, such as Canach. there are many reasons that lions arch should be rebuilt, most revolving around one thing – money.

Lion's Arch

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Leave it to Rebuild-o-Tron.

What, he must have like a billion gold by now?

My guess is Hero-Tron will assign players a certain “role” in the reconstruction of the city and trigger events…………hopefully we wont have to donate to his cause this time! XD

Lion's Arch

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

It’ll probably return with a later LS update. Don’t worry too much about it, there’s no way anet would let their beloved hub city die out.