Lion's Arch Aerodrome and fountain

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GuildWarsChamp.5302

GuildWarsChamp.5302

I love the new look of Lion’s Arch, but I cant help feeling that its not quite complete…

there was suppose to be a new air base that we named Lion’s Arch Aerodrome but I searched forever for it and still cant find it. Is there anyone out there that found this? if so, please share!

Also, I was hoping to see a newly built fountain in Lion’s Court… any idea why it wasn’t rebuilt? The Lion’s Court seems so empty without it

Balthazar Almighty
Representing: [ZoS] Zealots of Shiverpeak -Main guild on NSP
Leader of [TZ] Raiders of the Lost Temples -Temple Zerg

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The aerodome is south of Fort Marriner. It has no name on the map, and you cannot reach it – but you can see it at the end of the cinematic when you first enter LA, and from Fort Marriner.

And I too was disappointed that the lion statue did not return. It’s not worth calling Lion’s Court without a kittening lion. And “Festival Plaza” was just a bad name in general (removes the seriousness of the place, IMO). If there was no intent to bring back the statue, there should have been different name options. Even one as generic as “Central Plaza”.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I am perplexed why they didnt bring back the fountain. It was one of the most detailed animated object in the game, surely took 100s of hours to make it.
The new LA will never feel complete without the fountain.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

Oh, I loved the fountain! So sorry that it isn’t in the re-make.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I’ll miss the fountain too, but I’m sure something will be coming in its place. Though that plaza seems to be a target so who knows. How many times was the fountain trashed? Scarlet, the mad king, I can’t remember if the Karka destroyed it.
If you rebuild it, they will come. To smash it. Next it’ll be Mordry or his minions. And they’ll take the mad king’s route to LA, underground. So much for better defenses :p

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

It wasn’t rebuilt in time for the karka to destroy it. It’s only been destroyed by Mr. Thorn and Ms. Briar.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

Lol and there’s the pattern! Thorn and Briar will be followed by Husks and Tendrils!

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!