Lion's Arch - Would u Rebuild Or Change

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

I was talking today with a guildy about Lion’s Arch.
And we both came to the conclusion that before the destruction. Lion’s Arch wasn’t what u would expect from a place that is kinda the capital of Tyria.

And since its destroyed it would be a nice way to Rebuild it as it should be.
Lion’s Arch is a Place for all nations: Humans, Char, Asura, Sylvari & Norns. But when i walked to Lion’s Arch Everything seemed a bit to Human.
We have 5 Races all dedicated to something.
We have 5 Cities all very very different.
But Lion’s arch Didn’t represented all the different looks of all the different races.

So wouldn’t it be great to see a Lion’s Arch where all races would had spread there influence? Sylvari’s gardens, Human&char engineering, Asura’s Technologies. and a Norn drinking bar.

So i wonder how would u like to see Lion’s Arch Become. Back to how it was or a Giant city where all Nations would live together and share there best features.

I have plenty idea’s about how Lion’s Arch should look like i am just horrible in explaining and would love to know what other people would do if they could redesign Lion’s Arch.

Posted by: JustARTificial.3175

JustARTificial.3175

I’d want it in the sky. The surface below can still be what it was, but maybe a more slummy version (think Taris from KOTOR).

I’d want the main hub to be in the sky, like an all-seeing land that isn’t affected by the worries of nearby lands. I’m bored of wooden bridges, green hills and rocky mountains everywhere. Lion’s Arch should have the grandeur of Divinity’s Reach, the technology from Rata sum, the slums beneath similar to the inner structure of The Black Citadel, the idols from Hoelbrak, and the beauty of the Grove.

Posted by: ZhouFusion.1826

ZhouFusion.1826

Lion’s Arch should have the grandeur of Divinity’s Reach, the technology from Rata sum, the slums beneath similar to the inner structure of The Black Citadel, the idols from Hoelbrak, and the beauty of the Grove.

Thats exactly what i was trying to say.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

I don’t care, I as a player have little to no impact to the story so whatever I opine is meaningless

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

Lion’s Arch really did feel too “human” for the main city of all races. I like the idea of having it in the sky, but I can’t see that happening for story-reasons. I do agree with that it should have distinct features from the other cities though, and that would make sense too, because I assume everyone is going to help rebuild the city.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Well LA was mainly built by human pirates after it sank, the diversity came later after it became a center for trade and commerce so it was exactly as it should be. As for rebuilding it it could reflect the diversity now and wouldn’t effect the game lore.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

It will be rebuilt exactly the same otherwise all the holiday decorations and events etc would also have to be redone.

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

I don’t really care what they do with it design wise
as long as the TP & crafting stations aren’t too far apart
& whatever makes it take less time to load in lol >.>

Naz ©

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I would change it, and give it the best of all capital cities. Basically what JustARTificial said.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Personally, I would change it.

I would move it to a different location, and make it a much larger, grander version of Lion’s Arch. I would make it a city worthy of praise and awe. The old Lion’s Arch was barely a town, much less a city.

I’ll be very disappointed if they just decide to rebuild it the same as it was before, seeing as how it isn’t an optimal location for the best defense, and it obviously can’t stand up to another invasion.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I could see the city being rebuilt in different styles around the surviving buildings. Big question will be how they will utilize the wreck of Scarlet’s machine that litters the landscape. They can salvage parts of wreckage that they can and/or build on what bits that have areas suitable for that. Roaming around I was able to get up on some pieces of wreckage and immediately thought of houses being put on the spot. In any case, I see a different looking city rising from the ruins. Seeing how quickly workers reappeared there is certainly indicative of a population who intends on re-inhabiting the area. Since the level of destruction is so large, I expect this will take quite a while though.

Posted by: Wynther.1362

Wynther.1362

Have ANET do a contest where players can submit their conceptual art on how New LA should be like… and give prizes as well.

I know the devs have someone already doing it, but a some players out there might have a really cool concept on what a central hub for all races should look like (like some of the suggestions above).

Posted by: Squee Squashington.5189

Squee Squashington.5189

Patch the holes with Blade Shards..

and duct tape..

lots of duct tape..

Legendary Defender of Casuals

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Personally don’t care what they do with it.

Didn’t step foot in it during the LS. Haven’t been back since then to check it out. Although I did end up doing a couple of personal stories and found it absolutely ludicrous that death, destruction, desolation was in abundance and there was Tybalt, in the midst of a totally empty set of ruins with his bright shiny pristine apple cart selling apples to… absolutely nobody.

I like the idea for fans, er, players submitting artwork, even if it’s unlikely to fly.

I love the idea of duct tape. Very appropriate for the result of temporary content. Make sure there’s a “coming soon” sign and a table set up near the broken lion fountain with “nothing off of it”. E.G.: piles of suggestions, sketches, etcetera, including those submitted for the player-contributed contest.

Throw in some construction fences, a bulletin board with thumb tacked “promises” from the developers and you’re all set.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Niko Stark.8932

Niko Stark.8932

Invade the stupid Tengu birds. Kill every one of them and take over their land. Build New Lion City on top of it and leave the old LA site in ruins.

Posted by: Warkupo.1025

Warkupo.1025

Personally I like the Vigil keep better. Everything is neat and tidy right next to each other. Just start up Scarlet’s orbital nuke and finish LA off.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

change! I’d like a more modern, clean, and lively design

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Change
/You require more charrs

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Pandeh.5248

Pandeh.5248

Leave it like “I am Legend” zombies invade and we have to move. Resulting in an expansion with new zones and a new city.

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Personally I like the Vigil keep better. Everything is neat and tidy right next to each other. Just start up Scarlet’s orbital nuke and finish LA off.

This would be acceptable if the VK had every single thing that LA had there.
ahem~crafting stations~ahem
We need a main central hub, & that hub’s location should always be as near center of the world as possible. (porting to the farthest point in each direction, relatively the same price)
This being said, gw2 world designers are so talented that it would be an absolute waste to not have them redesign LA with some new, fabulous scenery.
I would love it tho, if they added some random nodes to the new la apart from the jp’s. I’m loving collecting while still participating in VK map chat convo’s

Naz ©

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

From a story/lore point of view, you have multiple organizations with an interest in re-building LA rather than continuing to ‘camp’ in VK – the Lion Guard and civilian government of LA, not to mention all the refugees. Additionally, LA is a central port, so there must be plenty of trade disruption while it is in ruins.
I would expect a period of rebuilding with a New Lions Arch that looks very different. (They might want a few more defenses this time…)

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

LA was built around nautical design of human and charr to a lesser degree. It was all built from old ships from what I recall.

That time is past. I think they should rebuild. LA is a huge part of the GW franchise. It has a sentimental/nostalgic place for GW1 players. It served as the central hub for most everything for new players. I would love to see it get an overhaul that represents all of Tyria as many have mentioned above.

I think it would be awesome if LA was the central hub for players and each of the cities has something that keeps players drawn there as well.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I would change it.

prediction: the Pact and the Lionguard will have the most influence on the “look and feel” of New Lions Arch. NLA will have representation of all races, and a small section of pirate nostalgia.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I personally love that that there is no real central hub.

the Racial cities are more alive- I see people hanging out in spots of their choosing (for some reason Shaemor wp is popular on my server)

Nuke LA from orbit to finish of what Thaumanova 2 started
and give us personal housing and guild halls instead

Gunnar’s Hold