Lion's Arch is unchanged in Storyline.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

I’ve just gone through ‘Setting the Stage’ and ‘Stealing Secrets’ with a new Mesmer character I’m levelling up and was shocked to see that Lion’s Arch is completely unchanged in these missions. Are we supposed to believe that our character has somehow stepped back in time or something?

How could this have be missed by the QA?

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

They’ve stated, multiple times, that the PS takes place in the past.

What they do with LA in the PS is exactly what needs to be done with Orr as well.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

What videoboy said. The Personal Story is timelocked, even though it doesn’t really tell you so in-game. It takes place in the past, and so its version of LA will always be the original one.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The sepia-tone is supposed to be an indicator of the episodes taking place in the past.

This was done at player-request.

Good luck.

Posted by: ErolQuest.7209

ErolQuest.7209

The sepia-tone is supposed to be an indicator of the episodes taking place in the past.

This was done at player-request.

Good luck.

I disagree; it ‘s also pure logic… Are we supposed to create a new character after Zaithan’s death now?
But I’m curious about the revenant…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Disagree about what? Sepia-tone? Perhaps, your post-processing needs adjusting.

Good luck.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Good luck.

I saw it too. The colors are noticeably less than what I remember.

Posted by: ErolQuest.7209

ErolQuest.7209

Good luck.

Er no, my error… my reply was for OP, then I must clicked you and read your last sentence as OP last sentence…
Or short answer: my fault, wrong reply.
In my defense is bed time…

And thanks, i need always good luck XD

(edited by ErolQuest.7209)

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Do people really not know that sepia-tone is a trope to indicate ‘in the past’ anymore?

That’s really sad, honestly.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

This was done intentionally, enough said. The story takes place in the past before Living Story season 1 so it wouldn’t make sense to be in the new LA.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

This was done intentionally, enough said. The story takes place in the past before Living Story season 1 so it wouldn’t make sense to be in the new LA.

Also it’s physically impossible for the Vigil mission to discover Zhaitan’s forces moving on Lion’s Arch to be done in the new LA because that entire area of the map, from beginning to end, no longer exists.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Tachyon.5897

Do people really not know that sepia-tone is a trope to indicate ‘in the past’ anymore?

Yes I do what a sepia tone means, but I’m running with everything turned up to maximum and there was no sepia tone for me. The place was just normal colours.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Yes I do what a sepia tone means, but I’m running with everything turned up to maximum and there was no sepia tone for me. The place was just normal colours.

The sepia tone disappears as soon as you switch off post processing, so I doubt you are running with everything on max (which I understand since post processing looks terrible in some places).

Tachyon.5897

The sepia tone disappears as soon as you switch off post processing, so I doubt you are running with everything on max (which I understand since post processing looks terrible in some places).

I’m confused as to why you think I’m lying about running everything maxed out, my PC is more than capable of giving me a constant 60fps at maximum settings. Just to see if it had somehow become switched off due to a patch or something I’ve just checked in game. Post processing is set to ‘High’. Everything else is still maxed out too.

(edited by Tachyon.5897)

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I’m confused as to why you think I’m lying about running everything maxed out, my PC is more than capable of giving me a constant 60fps at maximum settings. Just to see if it had somehow become switched off due to a patch or something I’ve just checked in game. Post processing is set to ‘High’. Everything else is still maxed out too.

I never said that you lied about your settings, I merely voiced my doubt regarding post processing, since it is the first thing that comes to mind when someone doesn’t see an effect which is mostly a post processing effect.

Actually my thought process behind it was that it could either have been switched off by a patch or by yourself ages ago (since it’s ugly) and you just forgot about it. You wouldn’t be the first.

However: If you still don’t see the sepia tone with post processing on High, you could file a bug report.

(edited by Rayti.6531)