Lionguard Lyns: not back yet [merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zil.3071

Zil.3071

CMON………………..BRING IT BACK ALREADY, WAITED FOR THE * WINTER EVENT TO BE OVER STILL NOT BACK ZZZZZ

Posted by: Lord Yoshi.6738

Lord Yoshi.6738

She should be restocked, where is the reactivation?

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

She’s still not accepting commendations!?

For kitten’s sake. I need some disassembler kits!

Another letdown…. thanks

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Nope, still no Lyns. >:(

PowerCat.5738

Check out this thread, how the question was worded and the answer given:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wintersday/Captain-s-council-commendation-here-to-stay/first

The question was whether the commendations and care package would still be available, not if Lyns would accept them!

Allisa Wonderland.8192

The second I get tired of waiting and salvage all the items I’ve been keeping for commendations, they will bring her back…

Posted by: Schnuffles.5369

Schnuffles.5369

She is never coming back.

Zil.3071

any anet can give an answer to when she is cming back?

PowerCat.5738

Well when you think about it… some people found a way to get keys for much, much cheaper than arenanet intended. Wasn’t that the definition of an exploit?

Some people farmed hundreds of keys with these cheap recipes and got keys for half of the price intended on the TP.

Those people had much higher chances at getting the permanent contracts, therefore enriching themselves with ill gotten gains.

I don’t think it’s sarcasm. She was an exploit; just not one worth banning for.

Posted by: DonFoe.9604

DonFoe.9604

Please put Lynn back in game. I have no room on my toon because of commendations. I was one of the people that purchases keys threw her, so i have many commendations. Not as much as others, but still, i have no room to do any frac runs. Please Anet dont remove the ability to get BLC keys from Lynn.
Thank You!

PowerCat.5738

Because some recipes enabled you to get keys for half the price of the gem store, which is not the way it was intended.

Some recipes allowed you to do that, not all.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Why would they even put it in the keys in Lynn’s shop if they were never “intended” to be bought for less than black lion store cost? You can already buy bl keys for gold by converting them to gems, so if they cost the same or more in Lynn’s shop they might as well not even be there. Of course maybe Anet didn’t think things through fully and made them cheaper than they would have liked (explaining their removal), but that is their fault, and hardly makes it an exploit. Is it illegal to buy something in a store just because the store foolishly priced the item below market value? This exploit talk is getting out of hand…

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

Considering how strongly Anet reacted to the whole snowflake/ecto “exploit” thing, I think they know that some people made a zillion exotic jewelry pieces (when they only cost 1 ecto) to turn into commendations to get BL keys. I will be surprised if after the “restocking” the BL keys are still there tbh.

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Having commendations still available while the receiver of them is not, now that’s the real exploit of CUSTOMERS.

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I’d just like to have my 250 use salvage kits back…need way too much inventory space / restocking time to use the normal 25 kits…

Zil.3071

tha kittens i care bout the keys, i just want my 250 kit to salvage kitten #8230;..

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Because some recipes enabled you to get keys for half the price of the gem store, which is not the way it was intended.

So when the keys went on sale at the BLTC, were the customers exploiting by acquiring them at a lower-than-MSRP?

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

It’ll be back… for 600 commendations/ea^^

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

They said she will be accepting them in a future patch but gave no date

Posted by: Battlemage.9450

Battlemage.9450

Yeah I’m curious about when she’ll be back, but remember them saying she would be back and functional in a future patch. I can understand their reasoning to an extent, but personally I loved doing Fractiles with some donation paper and a Mystic Forge Conduit so that whenever my inventory got full I could throw some stuff into the mystic forge to get some commendations which I could later use for sturdy tools to make mining, gathering, and woodcutting much more convenient.

Posted by: ratmanduohana.6824

ratmanduohana.6824

I also would love to know it, maybe in the next announce for the Jan patch they will throw some light.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Lionguard lyns im afraid could not get hold of any new stock so she decided to leave town lol

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Triton.2648

Triton.2648

So when the keys went on sale at the BLTC, were the customers exploiting by acquiring them at a lower-than-MSRP?

Knowing Anet, probably.

Posted by: mrfrostybeer.9328

mrfrostybeer.9328

i just wanted to post here to convey my support for Anet providing a little more information when they arbitrarily make a move in the game which can have unexpected or costly implications to the player. GW2 and Anet have created an atmosphere of care for the player. I think this is an excellent move ‘we all matter and we all care’. When disabling something, offering a heads up is more of a courtesy than a demand.

If Anet decides to no longer offer the keys via Liongaurd Lyns giving the players notice that things will change would reflect courtesy and care by Anet. Most players are honest and considerate. No information regarding this is rather unsettling given Anets and Guildwars2 dev teams usual quick response to in-game queries. At any rate I fully support decisions where I may not have all the information which may alter my opinion. That said and to be clear, I believe if the ultimate outcome of removing the bl key making via commendations should removed and I am to be left with a bunch of crates I will be disappointed. In the future letting players aware of intended changes would be appropriate. Keep up the good work I love this game.

PowerCat.5738

I go through those disassembler kits and 250 stack tools like crazy. This ain’t about keys! LOL

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

I actually want this NPC back for some of the basic skins… I bet there are other places to get them, but I need to get rid of these tokens xD

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

I like the lionguard skins too, and the weapons had the stats I want. I could care less about the keys, although I didn’t realize the trinkets gave out so many more comms than weapons do. I really doubt that was the issue, they could just reprice the keys if it was.

My assumption was and still is that since the karka motif was introduced for the fractals kickoff that something else would take its place, with different stats and runes and maybe skins. But to do so they need an event to kick off, and the jan update sounds like it could be what we are waiting for.

Because the skins come from the dungeon traders, I could easily see them rotating others in place of the liongurd ones, or simply removing the weapons and allowing one to buy dungeon tokens with comms. Heck maybe they’ll just have her sell one-use skins matching the dungeon items? That would be really awesome

hopeful speculation is hopeful.

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

She is never coming back.

I’m sure she will, just not with keys, or at least not with keys until the gem exchange rate no longer allows getting keys through her cheaper than through the store.

Knowing Anet, probably.

This. They’re like the Todd Akins of developers, apparently.

(edited by Ansultares.1567)

Posted by: dmanibusan.7406

dmanibusan.7406

Just curious but any word on when they will re-enable her? would love to unload the 1000’s of commendations i have taking up space in my bank.

PowerCat.5738

The one thing I like most about merged threads is that you know someone’s reading it

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

I would be surprised to find BLC keys in Lyn’s inventory, unless the developers made the cost float with the currency exchange. That being said…keys shmeys! Let her items be unique. Maybe an emote that shows everyone how much you care about rebuilding Tyria….dumb dragons keep breaking stuff.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

:‘( Why isn’t she back yet?

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

It’s not like they had no idea that players could trade them in for less than the gem store. They programmed the exact number of commendations for every item type, and would base that on the cost of these items.

Just because it’s possible (but generally isn’t) cheaper to get keys for less gold than buying through the gem store at full price, it doesn’t mean Anet has made an accident. Maybe they wanted to provide a way for smart players to get keys for less. Maybe that was the whole point, to incentivize us to remove the oversupply of almost every item in the TP.

I didn’t do many keys before because I don’t love anything that comes in the chests. There comes a point for every BLTC item where gem inflation will make them pointless. (ie repair cannisters or mystic forge stones). This happened for me for keys long ago.
I traded for lots of gathering tools, which are running out now. But to remove keys or mark them up isn’t necessary. It’s not like you can make money opening BL chests. You just get boosters and bags of gold which give you a net loss anyhow. I would be disappointed if they changed the inventory of Lyns. I’d probably never open a BL chest again.

Posted by: Geniekid.2645

Geniekid.2645

If there’s a problem with Lionguard Lyns and the GW2 economy then ANet should take all the time it needs to fix the problem.

In the meantime, it would be nice if they raised the stack size on Commendations so people don’t have to choose between stocking up on Commendations and having adequate bank space.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Any news ? bring back lionguard lyns

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

No developer is going to go through all the work to add a new feature (such as Lyns) that will never be used (such as selling keys for a higher cost than gem store). Also, if gold→gem prices go down, gem store keys will be cheaper than Lyns keys. It’s just a different currency exchange rate.

Posted by: viperior.2461

viperior.2461

I just traded in 3 exotic trinkets that cost me a chunk of gold to make because I thought Lyns was “here to stay.” When I ran over to her to turn them in, I suddenly realize she is disabled. This sucks! Why does the Mystic Forge let you trade in valuable items for commendations with no way to spend them?

I would have appreciated a warning message or something. Now I have wasted a bunch of gold for useless commendations.

Knight Of Flowers – Caedas Guild [CDS] – Sanctum of Rall – Healing Warrior Monk
~The kind of Norn who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down.~
http://caedas.enjin.com ~ http://youtube.com/viperior

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

If Lyns is staying disabled (which seems to contradict official responses on the subject given during the Wintersday event), can we disable her shouting for donations? It’s misleading (and very annoying) to constantly hear her hawking.

Posted by: ConterK.3972

ConterK.3972

Yeah, they should’v changed the shouting for something more along the lines of

“Im not taking anything right now, ran out of bussiness, ill be back next year”

or something like that

i already ran out of the stocked toosl i had, c’mon guys bring it back already!!

Posted by: Melonamen.1275

Melonamen.1275

Uh, I get that people are frustrated that she isn’t back yet, especially since many of us thought that she would be back up either during or immediately after Wintersday, but how does that automatically mean she’s not coming back? Like I said, I understand being frustrated, but jumping to conclusions like that (and it’s only been 6 days since wintersday ended) doesn’t seem healthy.

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

If we’re going to have Lyns indefinitely disabled, can we PLEASE at least make her shut up? Very tired of hearing “Will you doNATE?”

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

It’s been over a week now.

If you weren’t gonna let us use the commendations, why did you bloody let us make them

Posted by: DonFoe.9604

DonFoe.9604

:( still no lyns

Posted by: CherryChiicake.1378

CherryChiicake.1378

I don’t care about the keys, I just want the stupid rifle I saved up for. :/

Posted by: Dowanohee.9528

Dowanohee.9528

I would certainly hope she comes back. I kinda would assume she will, or that would be pretty fail, to be honest. A lot of us sacrificed some decent coin and materials to earn the commendations for gear that would supposedly be available.

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

So, another patch and no Lys.

This is getting VERY annoying.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

very annoying. tired of buying 100 salvage kits per week

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Devilking.7592

Devilking.7592

I was wondering if lionguard Lyn’s donation exchange will be back up and running on the release of major content patch for January.

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

I always found it odd that apparently the richest city in Tyria is asking for donations?

But yeah please make her shut up. Her voice goes -right- thru me.

PowerCat.5738

Need salvage kits