Lionguard Lyns: not back yet [merged threads]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Robin Da Poor.6281

Robin Da Poor.6281

When is Lionguard Lyns and the captains council commendations going to re-enabled?
Because if not I would like anet to reimburse the items, time spent and monies throwing stuff into the forge as previous posts about this said re-stocking therefore should be re-enabled soon.

SharpShooters [SS] | Yak’s Bend |
Pro With A Bow| Mes Mer Relda |

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

1) Use forum search
2) https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lionguard-Lyns-not-back-yet-merged-threads/first#post1182948
3) She will be back when she is back.
4) Enjoy getting your thread merged.

Posted by: Robin Da Poor.6281

Robin Da Poor.6281

I don’t mind it being merged at least I know someone is reading it

SharpShooters [SS] | Yak’s Bend |
Pro With A Bow| Mes Mer Relda |

Posted by: Element of Roamer.1024

Element of Roamer.1024

Asusual ANET blew it again with Lyns. A bunch of lies as they said she would be back after Wintersday. 1 bug after another for these guys………………..as we still wait……………..

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I bought a key from her, then went and made ~12 stacks of commendations for gathering tools and a few more keys (I have like 100 black lion chests to unlock….) and then she was disabled. Was not happy.

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Could we at least have an answer about when or if she’s ever coming back?

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I never got involved with commendations yet, and don’t even know what they’re for, but the way I see it, if Lionguard Lyns is not currently providing any function then she should not be standing at the fountain constantly asking people for donations.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I only have 11 commendations sitting in the bank to be used, but I know other people had a whole stack. I don’t mind her being disabled, but what’s actually terrible customer service is how you can still make commendations.

ANet should either disable those recipes ASAP, or they should re-enable Lyn. Letting people make commendations while not being able to do anything with them is just wrong. Most people in the game don’t read the forums, so if she’s shouting for donations and you can still donate, how would they know that she’s not accepting commendations until they try to spend them?

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

A whole stack you say? T^T

http://puu.sh/1NcNj

Posted by: Obsidus.1206

Obsidus.1206

Yeah this is ticking me off. How hard could it be to turn her inventory back on and just take out the keys if they’re the offender.

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Taking away keys without advance warning would be a major dick move.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

But this whole thing is already being managed badly, so one more piece of bad management would kind of be par for the course. Also, your post didn’t get censored, huh?

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

It wouldn’t stop them from doing it though. They’ve stealth nerfed plenty of things in the game.

Posted by: Obsidus.1206

Obsidus.1206

I don’t really agree, but I understand there’re probably people that ground out 3k badges JUST for keys or something. Maybe they should just greatly increase the cost of the keys then. Something like 750 badges for one key or something, IDK.

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

A whole stack you say? T^T

http://puu.sh/1NcNj

Oh my dear god… why… O-o

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

Just thought I’d post to support some news on lionguard Lyns.

I’m at peace with whatever decision anet makes regarding her keys; I just simply want to know one way or the other because I have so many items taking up bank space- I’m waiting to see if I need to donate these for commedetions or salvage them for ectos.

While I’d love to be able to buy keys again, I understand if they remove them: just tell us so I can get my bank space back

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Anet Chris was in LA last night. I asked him this question. He didn’t answer it, instead he answered the person who asked his favourite food.

Sorry to disappoint all of you, but at least now you know that Chris likes Chinese food. :/

Posted by: Kiyri.3649

Kiyri.3649

I really think everyone should just stop talking about her lets face it she will be back when she gets back. Since she never accepts money she obviously had to walk around the whole world and couldn’t just way point like the rest of us =P
And if she comes back with no keys well its obvious because they were to heavy to haul back =)

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

Lionguard Lyns will be returning in the end of January build without the Black Lion Keys in her inventory. She will then remain up for everyone to liquidate their Commendations and will likely be leaving entirely after about a month.

Lead Designer – Living World

Posted by: Nilm.2984

Nilm.2984

Lionguard Lyns will be returning in the end of January build without the Black Lion Keys in her inventory.

I just heard the voices of tuns of players crying at the same time….

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Thank you. As a player that didn’t bother with the keys but instead bought the 250 salvage kits and the gathering tools, it is nice to know that i can once again stock up on these items.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Lyonguard Lyns has been fired…

Why A-Net, Why… … ?

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Lyonguard Lyns has been fired…

Why A-Net, Why… … ?

I know, she made me double take everytime I walked by…

She made me actually want to donate to rebuild Lion’s Arch, and when I did, I got rewarded with 250 stack/use items that were inventory-saving.

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Lionguard Lyns will be returning in the end of January build without the Black Lion Keys in her inventory. She will then remain up for everyone to liquidate their Commendations and will likely be leaving entirely after about a month.

Sounds like they have a new system to replace Commendations.

With Lionguard Lyns, give her a new job in the world to do. Make her part of the story.

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

I won’t lie and say I’m not disappointed by the lack of keys, but I understand it.

My only hope is that Lyns has something to replace them that is in some way useful/stackable enough for those of use with 30k+ commendations. The salvage kits and tools are great and all but the amount of them you can buy with 30k+ commendations is a bit… extreme.

P.S. I fully acknowledge my, and others, awkward situation of having 30k+ unspent commendations and potentially nothing to spend them on is our own fault for speculating. It doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to hope for something.

Posted by: FInN.7219

FInN.7219

I’m in love with her voice, please use her in something else.

Also, I’ve never got the chance to get the gathering equipment with 250 uses. I would be nice to make these available even after she is gone.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

With Lionguard Lyns, give her a new job in the world to do. Make her part of the story.

This is actually an amazing idea. When I used to DM in AD&D (2nd Ed) I used to take NPC’s that were no longer needed in the main story or module and incorporate them into the world as scenery. This not only makes the players nostalgic for the “good ’ol days” but has the added benefit of giving players a conversation starter for newcomers to the game. She already has a memorable name, so why not leave her to “guard” the newly build statue walking a path to and from the lighthouse offering maybe just the salvage kits or gathering tools for a small DE favor.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I can see it now… “The top 200 offenders for most Black Lion Keys obtained through the Captain’s Commendations have been banned; their exploiting has been an act of wanton and willful destruction of the Gem Store and will not be tolerated.”

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Feelm.1938

Feelm.1938

This! Her voice is fantastic and should be employed in way more content from here on out.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

This! Her voice is fantastic and should be employed in way more content from here on out.

Heck no.. her screaming is supremely annoying.

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

Considering how strongly Anet reacted to the whole snowflake/ecto “exploit” thing, I think they know that some people made a zillion exotic jewelry pieces (when they only cost 1 ecto) to turn into commendations to get BL keys. I will be surprised if after the “restocking” the BL keys are still there tbh.

…aaand my speculation proves correct. By the way, posting pics showing that you have 76,500 tokens probably didn’t help your case. That’s 268 keys, costing over 24,000 gems, or $300.

Posted by: AcFiBu.9624

AcFiBu.9624

Well I never got in on the keys. By the time I heard about it she was shut down. I would like to stock up on a few of the 250 salvage kits tho when she comes back around so I’m glad about that. Wish they would have left the keys but doubled or tripled the price of them so they weren’t cheaper than buying with gems. Also left her permanently, even if they put a cap on how many commendations you could get in the lifetime of your account.

(edited by AcFiBu.9624)

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

While I hope that’s the case, that’s reading a lot into Linsey’s post. The only thing that is really confirmed here is that Commendations-to-BL keys is out, and that Commendations are out entirely soon. It seems more likely that ANet would just revise the already-existing commendations system than strip it out and replace it with a new system that does more or less the same thing.

Posted by: Lazy.2389

Lazy.2389

Looks like I’m in a similar position to Unspecified. I’m disappointed but understand that the BLC keys were hurting their sales. I think the fact that I’m not on very often any more has softened the blow.

It’s all still not good the way this was handled. The only comment given about this before was that Lyns would still be here through Wintersday which was massively misguiding. The ability to exchance then removed without warning. No comment given besides she will be back eventually.

Meh, whatever. I hope she has “restocked” with at least something useful to me. Like unspecified said, there’s only so many picks we can carry lol.

Posted by: Klink.8970

Klink.8970

Yeah, I had enough commendation to get around 1200 keys. I’m begging you please to just greatly increase the cost of the keys. 500-1000 commendations per key is reasonable. Removing them entirely while you left the donation recipe still active is really unfair. You should have disabled the recipe when you disabled the vendor. I had my commendations before I noticed the vendor was disabled.

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

If there’s gonna be another way to get 250 usage tools and salvage kits(that don’t cost me alot moolah) then by all means let it happen(I’m getting tired of her anyway) ,if not then this seriously blows.I had reason to craft,to donate and gather. If there is no way of getting those space saving tools then I’m back to square one.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Yeah, I had enough commendation to get around 1200 keys. I’m begging you please to just greatly increase the cost of the keys. 500-1000 commendations per key is reasonable. Removing them entirely while you left the donation recipe still active is really unfair. You should have disabled the recipe when you disabled the vendor. I had my commendations before I noticed the vendor was disabled.

Grats on a lifetime supply of salvage kits and gathering tools!

You all just had to be oink with the commendations for BLK’s didn’t you.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I would not be suprised that the reason for her being “fired” is because the crowns/achievement will take over.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Detritus.5863

Detritus.5863

Go give Owain in Southsun Cove a visit, the poor girl sounds like she could use some company.

I also hope they use this voice actress in more content in future. I think she also did the voice over for the Wintersday video.

Posted by: Lanthrudar.1437

Lanthrudar.1437

Considering how strongly Anet reacted to the whole snowflake/ecto “exploit” thing, I think they know that some people made a zillion exotic jewelry pieces (when they only cost 1 ecto) to turn into commendations to get BL keys. I will be surprised if after the “restocking” the BL keys are still there tbh.

…aaand my speculation proves correct. By the way, posting pics showing that you have 76,500 tokens probably didn’t help your case. That’s 268 keys, costing over 24,000 gems, or $300.

If they limited the amount of total keys you could get per account to something low like 5, it would still allow some to take advantage without breaking the system. Players can do this already with gold/gem conversion and buy them outright, this would just be a different way by wrapping extra wood and ore.

If players wanted to spend another $30+ IRL money to buy a second copy and make a new account, hey ANET still get’s a share, win win all around.

Lanthrudar.1437

Looks like I’m in a similar position to Unspecified. I’m disappointed but understand that the BLC keys were hurting their sales. I think the fact that I’m not on very often any more has softened the blow.

It’s all still not good the way this was handled. The only comment given about this before was that Lyns would still be here through Wintersday which was massively misguiding. The ability to exchance then removed without warning. No comment given besides she will be back eventually.

Meh, whatever. I hope she has “restocked” with at least something useful to me. Like unspecified said, there’s only so many picks we can carry lol.

Actually, they said she’d be around but would not accept donations. That was in the patch notes. Patch notes are your friend, it helps to read them thoroughly when they come out.

Lanthrudar.1437

I don’t get it, I’m not going to complain, but… Why are you even putting her back in if you are going to remover her again in a months time?

To allow anyone who haven’t used the commendations yet to do so. The same reason the WintersDay vendor is still here.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

As other have said: I can understand removing the keys. But why the charades? It would of been 110% ok if you took out the recipe to make the commendations, announced Lyns will be leaving in a month, then took her out.
And why leave her there to tempt people with false advertising? That just makes it that much more messed up – letting people think she’ll be back.
I don’t know your plans for her inventory, but I sincerely hope she has something useful for large amounts of commendations. If not, at least add a mystic forge recipe to be a bit realistic with what will happen: 1,000 stacks of sturdy harvesting tools gives you an endless harvesting tool.

(edited by Mystic.5934)

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I absolutely despised the voice and I was constantly annoyed by it every time I ran past her in LA. I really hope they don’t use her again, or if they do it’s very sparingly. I cringed when I heard her used again in Wintersday.

I’ve noticed they are getting the same voice actors to do multiple bits of content in succession with the updates (like the FotM voice) and, at least in my experience, this is causing them to become really annoying and immersion breaking.

Posted by: Flax.4980

Flax.4980

I just hope they create a new way of obtaining black lion keys. They are far too expensive on the gem store for what you get from an average black lion chest.

Posted by: Eminence.3728

Eminence.3728

Well that’s nothing short of disappointing. I was hoping to trade the commendations for keys… they could just increase the pricing of the keys so that people who spent gold getting those commendations can still get what they originally wanted. That would have been a better move in my opinion.

I guess they wouldn’t care so now I’m gunna end up with a inventory full of salvage kits. yay.

Sucks for the guy that posted all those cases of commendations.

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Just fracking knew they were going to remove the black lion keys, can’t have us getting anything easy(i use this loosely because they still required effort) without wasting cash on it. Really glad I didn’t stock up on the commendations. Can’t help but laugh at all those people who insulted us when we said that they’d remove the keys.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Eminence.3728

Eminence.3728

I just hope they create a new way of obtaining black lion keys. They are far too expensive on the gem store for what you get from an average black lion chest.

Yeah, I agree with you. I’ve bought those keys with purchased gems before… the “reward” for opening those boxes are kind of ehhh… You spend $10 to get some influence for your guild, probably like 20 silver, and some random crap you probably will never use and takes space in ur storage.

If the loot from the chests aren’t that great then the keys should be easier to obtain.
If the keys are harder and more expensive to obtain, the loot should be better.

Of course this is all my opinion.

Posted by: The Only EAK.9456

The Only EAK.9456

Instead of removing the keys, how about fixing BLT Chests? I have over 200 of the things and, sorry Anet, you’ve yet to put anything in them with a drop rate worthy of me risking my money.

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

Dick Move confirmed.

Other Dick Moves confirmed as part of dealing with the terrible, inexcusable tragedy of players finding a cheaper way to get an item which is for sale in the gem store:

- Disabling Lyns but NOT disabling the wrapping paper from Myani.
- Disabling Lyns but NOT disabling the Mystic forge recipe to convert your loot into now worthless commendations.
- Disabling Lyns WITHOUT disabling her shouting every 5 minutes to go get commendations.

This catastrophe has John Smith’s fingerprints all over it, it’s another of his precious junk sinks that do absolutely nothing to take out the over-supply of junk items, but annoy everyone in the process.

In actuality all that happens is people find the most efficient recipe to get the most reward from the junk sink and set out to deliberately farm it, thus increasing the junk over-supply, not reducing.

Silly billies.