Listen: Norn theme sounds like FFX song!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

I thought I was going crazy when I heard this, but now I am 100% certain that one of the tunes in Hoelbrak sounds almost exactly like the theme song of the Ronso in Final Fantasy X. I’m sure it’s all a coincidence, but I’d like to hear your thoughts on the similarities.

Compare…

Hoelbrak track from 1:11-1:30

and

Servants of the Mountain from FFX

What makes it seem like even more of a crazy coincidence is that both Norn and Ronso live in snowy mountain environments, and are quite tall-statured. I am not making accusations (the two games are quite a number of years apart from each other), I just think it is very interesting!

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Are you sure this isn’t simply a case of Soule music?

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

What is “Soule music”, may I ask?

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Jeremy Soule, the composer. I didn’t see credits on the FF tune but I’m guessing he also wrote that one? Certainly most of his GW2 tunes blend one into the next.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

What is “Soule music”, may I ask?

Jeremy Soule was the composer for Guild Wars music from GW1 through the release version of GW2. He’s also known for his work on other games, including The Elder Scrolls, although he hasn’t done any post-release music for GW2.

I assume “a case of Soule music” implies that much of his music sounds the same, but Final Fantasy X was composed by Nobuo Uemetsu and a couple other Japanese artists. Uemetsu is pretty well known among JRPG fans, having composed a lot of Final Fantasy games, among others. (Edit: As Inculpatus cedo points out, this track in particular is by Masashi Hamauzu.)

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

(edited by Redenaz.8631)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No, Servants of the Mountain was written by Masashi Hamauzu.

@OP: He meant, could both be written by Jeremy Soule, who was responsible for most of the Guild Wars franchise music, but left shortly after GW2 release.